Future of Adventure Land?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
rockportboy

What about evolving the farm and adventure land into a zoo for example chesington has a zoo and is quite popular. They could make a reptile house with interactive animal experiences. I know that if they demolish the old tent they could build like a bird/ monkey enclosure like a giant atrium dome Where they can fly and run freely. I know there's not enough space for huge animals like elephants and giraffes but still there's a variety. The rides could be animal themed to like a snake rollercoaster. Or if not a zoo how about Tom and jerry that would be unique and kids like them and its a classic.
Henry

100th post!!!

There used to be an Alton Towers towers zoo didn't there?
I wouldn't mind one with a few animal-themed rides
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Jimbo

Future thoughts anyone??

Seeing as Sonic Spinball is seen by some as an eye-sore on the towers skyline and the area isn't as established as it has been in the past, maybe even more so since Sonic has entered the area, I wanted peoples thoughts and opinions of the ride and the area. It doesn't quite fit the resorts overall image.

Do you think there are any future plans to redevelop the area? Do you like the current area? What are your thoughts of Sonic Spinball?

In my opinion, Sonic Spinball is a fun ride but isn't a must ride for me when I visit. There is always a queue over 45 mins when I visit as the throughput is so low, especially in wet weather when they restrict it to 3 per car.

What can be done with the area? What would people like to see? A retheme with the current ride still there? A retheme without it maybe?

When you look at Dragons Fury and the Land of the Dragons at Chessington, there is a more solid theme than Adventure land. It shows that there is more potential than just a 'pinball machine' theme. Adventure Land has lost its 'Adventure' and has just become a massive advert for sega and Sonic.

I would love to know what others think about it too!
Jimbo

As a further note, I thought I would say that I would love to see an Adventure Land with a real feel of 'Adventure'

Maybe inject the theme of the Alton Towers Hotel into the park and base a land around the theme of Sir Algernon's adventures?
MC4

Just a thought popped up in my head as i readnthe last bit of "real feel of adventure" :D can anyone remember the game Crash Bandicoot, that was i remeber playing a lot in my earlier childhood, maybe they could have a retheme for it or even a new zip wire adventure around adventure land :) just an easy idea that was made in about 1 minute
SmilingMonkey

Hello MC4,

Crash Bandicoot would be a great ride idea, perhaps expanding on this AT could develop their Sega license to include a lot of the classic games in 'Adventure Land'. They could look at some sort of indoor 4D moving attraction for this - similar to that of Universal Islands of Adventure's Spiderman. I certainly think they need to develop their indoor attractions to allow for extended opening throughout the year to accommodate hotel and lodge guests.

P.S. Hello, I'm new here... :)
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
mattiepearce

I have always liked spinball but it is not themed as well as it could be. It just doesn't fit in with adventure land.
MartinDarko

There's constant talk of Sonic Spinball being moved, not to sure where it would fit in but I would love a re theme of adventure land. I mean its hardly even a themed area right now, just a space with Sonic Spinball.
Personally would have loved it if they'd themed it as a oversized arcade with the Spinball Whizzer theme. Done well it could have been original a fantastic looking area.
mattiepearce

MartinDarko wrote: There's constant talk of Sonic Spinball being moved, not to sure where it would fit in but I would love a re theme of adventure land. I mean its hardly even a themed area right now, just a space with Sonic Spinball.
Personally would have loved it if they'd themed it as a oversized arcade with the Spinball Whizzer theme. Done well it could have been original a fantastic looking area.
if it is was themed like an arcade it would be an amazing unique area
Vordok419

Building on MC4's idea of using Crash Bandicoot, why not keep Sonic Spinball where it is and add speakers around to play music and sound effects from the games?

I could just see getting to the top of the lift hill and the sound when you grab an Aku-Aku mask and the music
that comes with it as you begin the ride.  :D

Vordok
clayj

Vordok419 wrote: Building on MC4's idea of using Crash Bandicoot, why not keep Sonic Spinball where it is and add speakers around to play music and sound effects from the games?
They had to remove speakers from oblivioin due to our best friends so doubt they would add speakers to spinball ?
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Vordok419

They had to remove speakers from oblivioin due to our best friends so doubt they would add speakers to spinball ?

That's true but they've had music playing around Sonic Spinball already and they haven't had to take that out yet,
so it could be possible.
ADM182

I think the whole Adventure Land/Sonic Spinball area is a mix and match of random rides mixed with junk and delapadated 'attractions'.  As a section of the park people often see its first impression is awfull.

A compleate re-work is needed with either sonic staying there, going elsewhere in the park or sold off. 

I think the idea of an adventure playground/zip wire/ outdoor adventure theme is a great idea as it would appeal to the younger children and if they stuck in a petting zoo (bunnies, lambs ect) it would be a great place for familys to go whilst others in their group go off for the main rides.

I cant see Spinball staying there, its sticks out like a sore thumb and I think it could be re-worked to go in the gloomy wood area quite cheaply with a spook-spin theme to help out duel and move the visitors arround into that area.

The area where spinball is now 'could' have a small stage built on it which could be used for child friendly preformances during the summer (tweenies, the pink haired girl thingy ect) and be set as a child friendly zone (no smoking, no alcohol and no random adults unless they have children and during the winter it could house Father Christmas groto and some reindeer as a season gig.

Sorry, bit of a ramble..... :roll:
Mogga

Does anybody know why the Dragon Ride is still in this area SBNO?  Beastie I think was its last name.

Why not just remove it rather than the hideous blue wall?
Altontowersbarlow

They need some serious ideas I love alton towers though:D

PREPARE FOR EMBARKATION
Kirsty25

I don't mind sonic as a ride, except it hurts my knees. However it has to be said, it is the single most annoying ride there, huge queues all the time, yet in a really strange place sat by itself. I think that area of the park requires some work!
stu1980

is this area not due to be changed in 2014????
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
stu1980

Hate to say it but i posted about this the other day there is rumours going round the park from early as last year (and i dont know yet as only been once so far this year) that Story Bookland - advent land and the Farm area was all going to become one in a massive new land. Now again Dreamworks and Shrek was ment to be coming but fell at last minute - but i,ll keep my ears open
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Altontowersbarlow

That sounds so naff especially as its at the enterance giving a bad inmpression
Henry

Why does it sound naff, I think it could be ok, if they did it well, which they could easily do, it could be good.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!