Future of Adventure Land?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
jmed

I have kids at a variety of ages, 2 being the youngest and when we last visited I have to say, adventure land, storybook land, old MacDonald farm were all pretty dull for my 2 yr old and 8 yr old. I think the following should happen:-

# Spinball moved. It's a good ride but doesn't fit the area and makes the kiddie area look too grown up.

# merge the 3 areas to 1 with one constant theme, I don't like IP'S but DM's success with Thomas land should the where AT look for inspiration. Difficult to find something appropriate to kids 1-10 which isn't outdated within 12 months.

# add more animals. Chessington show that small animal enclosures and animal talks and feeds can be appealing without having big animals.

# Lego land have the large adventure playground. And ad a parent what a great way to let the little ones burn off energy while I sit and chill. Add coffee shops etc to get sales while parents wait too.

# finally, they should plan for the future. If they must use an IP make it timeless, not this year's latest fad which by next season will be unpopular. Or at the very least make it easily adaptable, such as a blanket kids brand, cbeebies for example. Then rides can be fairly neutral and the latest characters can be in costume etc to move with the Times. Although I still think some home from AT magic would be best. Finally, if the entrance move is to go ahead, they should future proof the layout to include towers street, like I said 'if' it happens.

In summary,
a good clear out
one theme merging all areas
more animals.
small child friendly rides.
Kids playground thing.

All fairly quiet ( no coaster rumbles, just noisy kids)
and unlikely to cause a problem with the neighhours, all low llevel so no height issues. Good opportunity to bleed parents dry whilst kids play.

P.s. Posted on my phone so apologies for grammer
cookiee_munster

i still think the park should get aardman involved somehow to develop a brand new set of characters and story to take place in a new land in the park.
SuperWill

I have been told by someone that AT are re-theming StoryBook Land and Old McDonald's Farm Yard to a CBBC themed area! I don't know if this is true or not yet but he did tell me that the sources came from the AT staff so it could be true! Also he told me AT are getting rid of Sonic Spinball which is a shame really because Spinball is a great coaster and it always has the 2nd biggest queue on park! But then again it might not be true! We will just have to wait until AT confirm any of these rumours!

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
jmed

I think if spinball does have the 2nd biggest queue it's probably because of the slow throughput. But I like spinball, good ride for those inbetween age kids, not brave enough for oblivion but bored by runaway minetrain. I just don't think it's in the best place, where else to put though I don't know.

I think that area is in need of some attention. Everything else has been rethemed or changed somehow, and as the first area you come to as you enter, it should be a magical wonderland that looks incredible. Make the scenery and themeing an attraction itself.
Danny

I love sonic spinball but just not the queues. Their contract with saga runs out this year anyway I think so we will see a re theme. I would've thought its very unlikely they will get ride of a ride that looks brand new and so popular. It's a shame that all that land where AT live takes place can't be built on as that would be a nice sight for it to go. Although I think where it is isn't that bad either.
So I guess I'm just undecided :)
cookiee_munster

jmed wrote: I think if spinball does have the 2nd biggest queue it's probably because of the slow throughput. I just don't think it's in the best place, where else to put though I don't know.
maybe here? Image
Adam.W

I don't really think that adventure land is much of a land, despite its name... It consists solely of sonic spinball, and I wouldn't say that CBeebies land is really part of it... I think that when sonic goes, either there will be a new ride in it's place, or CBeebies land being extended...
Sr88

Adventure Land has massive potential to be something great, if it is marketed correctly and invested in.

I can't see them bothering though. Most likely CBeebies Land will extend there if Sonic goes within the next few years.
Themeparksandy1981

Adventure land was very big to storybook land was built. Since Spinball was added it's really not had a theme to the area.
Ryan.B

its prettty much just Sonic Land, i can see a small coaster going in and space adventures made larger and rethemed for cbeebies, tree fu tom gets busy!
TheBeast

I think they are just going to remove it- Spinning coasters are gradually becoming less popular in my eyes anyway
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Sr88

I personally haven't made / would agree with this observation.
Themeparksandy1981

With the new coaster getting built behind Spinball it is now looking more likely that when they do remove Spinball adventure land will be no more and will be fully taken over by C beebies.