Waterpark refurbishment

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
The Terminator

Anyone been since it reopened last week? Any improvements etc?
I WILL be back
sebshep18

Was in on monday, new colour full slats around the stairs centre water piece is working and the bucket is back on bout all i noticed but im sure there will be ones i missed
PeteB

The Terminator wrote: Anyone been since it reopened last week? Any improvements etc?
I wouldn't really say much in the way of improvements. While it might look a bit cleaner it actually looks ghastly. They've repainted all the red finishings in bright yellow. Looks stupid!
CoasterCrazyChris

Are they determined to ruin any adult appeal of Splash Landings and the waterpark...

They've already turned the hotel into Cloud Cuckoo Land.
PeteB

Yeah. Just looking through some of my old photos from when the hotel first opened and comparing them to now. Totally cringe looking at some of the things that have changed.  :|
Trisnie

Slightly off topic but is the water park worth visiting?
Took a quick look from the window in splash landings hotel but really keep changing my mind if its worth losing day in the park (there with a pass)  and paying extra for or not
Adam

From what I've heard and seen, the majority of the work is as follows:
  • Finished off the new replacement pool flooring.
  • New multicolored (rotproof) fencing to replace all the rotten wood around the take-offs.
  • Loads of new paint work (Rush & Rampage take off's looks amazing)
  • New soft flooring added around Little Leak.
  • Roof heightened on Master Blaster (splash downs) queue.
  • New main lighting, and new Take-Off's lighting.
  • Loads of work done to Flash Floods top entrance.
Plus a few other bits and pieces.

Some good changes, some not so good. But from seeing the state of the old wooden fencing, it needed replacing.

I hear a few other bits are still to be done.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
little_paul

Trisnie wrote: Slightly off topic but is the water park worth visiting?
Took a quick look from the window in splash landings hotel but really keep changing my mind if its worth losing day in the park (there with a pass)  and paying extra for or not
Yer I would definitely say its worth a visit if you got the time, like if your up there for a few days.
Themeparksandy1981

Been honest if u could pick this water park or Waterworld in Stoke which would u go to? I ask as both are a hours drive away from me. Saved me doing another topic.
roary01

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Been honest if u could pick this water park or Waterworld in Stoke which would u go to? I ask as both are a hours drive away from me. Saved me doing another topic.
Both offer different experiences, there is more choice in terms of rides at Waterworld, and is extremely quiet on off-peak days, and is cheaper. However Alton Towers offers a cleaner, well themed attraction which does cost more for less rides but its more about the theming/look of the place.
If was me however i'd choose waterworld for fact that you get more enjoyment for your money.
Rocket

Apparently new anti slip flooring has been added to the rush and rampage take offs.
I was there today but didnt notice, the waterpark looked very nice but they need all the effects working!
Themeparksandy1981

Are the hotel windows that lookout to the water park sound proof and 1 way windows (You can look out but guests in the water park can't see you)?
Coke

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Are the hotel windows that lookout to the water park sound proof and 1 way windows (You can look out but guests in the water park can't see you)?
Not sure about sound proof as Splash Landings is noisy anyway, but the windows aren't one way.  :)

Are you thirsty?
PeteB

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Are the hotel windows that lookout to the water park sound proof and 1 way windows (You can look out but guests in the water park can't see you)?
Not sound proof, just standard double glazing, but don't worry there's no real noise to be concerned about.

Windows aren't 1 way either but on the ground floor there is a line of trees outside the windows which gives extra privacy. All of the windows have net binds so nobody can see in if you leave the curtains open.
aircanman

Really hope the flooring is OK, when we went in the beginning of last year my children couldnt go in there because they were falling over all the time, the floor was lethal, and on our last day I slipped and sprained my ankle / bruises etc.  According to the manager of the pool Mr Williams, the technology is the best available and that all other swimming pools in the country would love to have such a product lining their floors.