Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JammyBand

And remember guys, the kellogs vouchers are valid until 2015 so keep hold of those cereal boxes as you will need them!
DSA

Last year the Sun ran several promotions where you could obtain two "free" tickets to various Merlin attractions if you collected several tokens and sent them off with a SAE.

The first of these was for Chessington, and ran from the 2nd of February, i.e. at this time of the year.  I understand that later attractions on similar deals included Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, LEGOLAND and Warwick Castle.  Some or all of these may have also been offered in previous years.

Is it currently known if similar promotions will be run for the 2014 season?
Last edited by DSA on Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Kelham

I did ask the question but currently they were unable to answer
With thanks to lewis97 :)
tallicay2k

Id be amazed if they didn't. They are hugely popular each year and tbh I hope they do because I'm looking forward to the 2 free sun tickets to AT.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
DeanGaryCox

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bonus for Sun+ customers now... and not just for anyone collecting the vouchers.
Image 2014
Dr.Kelham

Sun+ got a days priority with the thorpe vouchers last year plus a free photo
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Kirsty25

Just spotted this and with the new batches of Clubcard Vouchers hitting homes soon it could be useful for some who wish to theme park visit in the early season!

nodestinyx

will the sun be giving away tickets again this year?
lf2001

nodestinyx wrote: will the sun be giving away tickets again this year?
I think so. They'll probably put the tickets in the newspapers a few weeks before the main season starts.
lf2001

I think they do two free tickets to Alton every year. I've got mine from the Sun before.
DSA

Yes, I have collected tokens the last two years for Alton Towers, but I wondered if the lack of a Chessignton offer the last few weeks may be a sign for no Alton Towers offer this year?

Were the extra attraction tickets a one-off last year, or have they also done Chessington/Warwick Castle/Legoland etc. for several years?
lf2001

I've noticed that Kellogs are giving a free adult entry to Alton Towers and other Merlin Attractions.
Last edited by lf2001 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

I've heard that an Annual Pass Perk Machine is at the park, and gives offers to pass holders.
Quickey

Does anybody know if the 50% off Alton Towers Hotel offer was in the Sun this year?

In 2012 I got 50% but wasn't looking out for the promotion this year.
Danny

Found a new offer in The Sun on Saturday this week but assumed someone else would put it, however no one has so I will now :)
They are advertising Cbeebies land and there is a picture of Cbeebies characters and your child must colour it in. Then you send it in to enter and the best colourings will win tickets and get to experience the new land before anyone else :)
Lee

Quickey wrote:Does anybody know if the 50% off Alton Towers Hotel offer was in the Sun this year?

In 2012 I got 50% but wasn't looking out for the promotion this year.
As far as I'm aware, The Sun hasn't its free ticket promotion in the paper as of yet. The 50% discount offer is normally in conjunction with that. It has ran an advert offering 'the chance to win' free tickets to SUN+ subscribers though.

However, with the resort running 35% off if booking in January, I'd be surprised if they offer that promotion to The Sun this year.
DSA

I have come across the following webpage:

Sun Link

It suggests that an offer will imminently be available to Sun+ members, however makes no comment about non-members (unless you have to log in to see that bit!)

This is not necessarily an indication that they will not run a token collection promotion this year, but I do wonder if it is starting to look that way. There is no doubt in the wording of this page that you have to subscribe for £2 a week to be eligible for these 2 free adult tickets, and it concludes "If you're not already a Sun+ member, join today to ensure you don't miss out."
Zach

On alton towers FB page they have confirmed the sun will be running an offer in conjunction with them however details and dates are yet to be confirmed :)
adrenalinejunkie

The Sun token collect starts next Saturday. Get snipping those tokens people. One claim per household but if you have friends and family who are willing, get them sent to their address. I get 4 pairs a year, bit embarrassing buying 4 Suns a day but worth the shame in the end!
JaykeAT

adrenalinejunkie wrote:The Sun token collect starts next Saturday. Get snipping those tokens people. One claim per household but if you have friends and family who are willing, get them sent to their address. I get 4 pairs a year, bit embarrassing buying 4 Suns a day but worth the shame in the end!

We did the exact same,I do wish they would use a nicer newspaper tbh