Alton Towers Resort - Offers, Vouchers and Discounts

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Kenzie2012

A new line of Tesco own brand stock comes out next week with the Merlin 2-4-1 offers again
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
Trisnie

lucy2244 wrote: I'm just going to post what i did on The Smiler marketing forum :)

I just got a letter from the sun about the smiler and the 2 free tickets 
the photo is below, but you can't really see what it says, so i'll post it here:
Free Alton Towers Resort tickets on us
we know how much you like treating the family to a fun-filled day out, so don't miss out on our latest fantastic offer to get 2 FREE tickets to Alton Towers worth £92. Put a smile on the family's faces on us

Go loopy on The Smiler
New for 2013, a world-first rollercoaster and Alton Towers Resort's biggest ever. It has huge drops, extreme turns as well as twisted effects that will mess with your mind. Get ready for a mind-boggling thriller of a ride- and go easy on that chocolate milkshake before you get on!

How to get your 2 FREE tickets
simply collect 9 differently numbered tokens inside The Sun. They'll be printed in the paper each day from saturday, March 2. To get started, there's a bonus token printed below. Once you have 9, send them to us with the application form printed on The Sun, along with a self-addressed envelope. We'll then post you 2 FREE tickets to Alton Towers

Get involved with the Big Smile Giveaway and have some fun at Alton Towers-starts this Saturday, March 2.
I'm more hoping they gonna offer the 50% discount on staying at alton towers
redpiggy

With the Sun tickets, when can they be used? Do they give a date range/specific date for the tickets?
My NHS Discount coporate contract hasn't been renewed this year so I'm having to find alternative cheap ways of going!! (Until I can buy an annual pass that is  ;))
Danielle

redpiggy wrote: With the Sun tickets, when can they be used? Do they give a date range/specific date for the tickets?
My NHS Discount coporate contract hasn't been renewed this year so I'm having to find alternative cheap ways of going!! (Until I can buy an annual pass that is  ;))
There are 5 (I think) date bands/ranges that you have to list in order of preference and they will try to provide tickets for them.

Seems like The Sun offer isn't available in Scotland this year, which is disappointing because the free tickets provided our only trip to Alton. Looks like we won't be visiting The Smiler!

Funnily enough we never got those letters through the post in previous years, either (I remember folks mentioning them on here in the past).
Trisnie

Danielle wrote:
redpiggy wrote: With the Sun tickets, when can they be used? Do they give a date range/specific date for the tickets?
There are 5 (I think) date bands/ranges that you have to list in order of preference and they will try to provide tickets for them.

Seems like The Sun offer isn't available in Scotland this year, which is disappointing because the free tickets provided our only trip to Alton. Looks like we won't be visiting The Smiler!

Funnily enough we never got those letters through the post in previous years, either (I remember folks mentioning them on here in the past).
I brought a copy of the Sun in Scotland today and it had the voucher on page 34!
I'm also in Fife so you should be ok
Danielle

Trisnie wrote:
Danielle wrote:

I brought a copy of the Sun in Scotland today and it had the voucher on page 34!
I'm also in Fife so you should be ok
Argh! I was informed by the person that usually buys this every year that there was no voucher in today's! Thanks for letting me know. I'll get them to get the rest.
mattallennet

Latest 25% off MAP offer

www.visitengland.com/funoffer
DrReeve

nemesislover wrote: Hi Coke Zone have BOGOF offers. join coke zone and every coke bottle has a number under the label when you enter the code in to coke zone you get 3 points and each Alton towers BOGOF voucher is 5 points so it doesn't take long to get loads of vouchers.
if you book online are you able to use the Bogof offers or do you have t buy the tickets at th door?
Image credit to Lewis97
Trisnie

DrReeve wrote:
nemesislover wrote: Hi Coke Zone have BOGOF offers. join coke zone and every coke bottle has a number under the label when you enter the code in to coke zone you get 3 points and each Alton towers BOGOF voucher is 5 points so it doesn't take long to get loads of vouchers.
if you book online are you able to use the Bogof offers or do you have t buy the tickets at th door?
Normally its a case of buy on the door
rossdeadmanz

Is it too late to buy my first copy of The Sun today? Like how many vouchers do you need for the free tickets and how many days are left on the promotion?
owenjones92

rossdeadmanz wrote: Is it too late to buy my first copy of The Sun today? Like how many vouchers do you need for the free tickets and how many days are left on the promotion?
There's 17 vouchers all together, but you only need 9 :-) there will be vouchers every day until the 20th March :-)
DONT...LOOK..DOWN
DeanGaryCox

owenjones92 wrote:
rossdeadmanz wrote: Is it too late to buy my first copy of The Sun today? Like how many vouchers do you need for the free tickets and how many days are left on the promotion?
There's 17 vouchers all together, but you only need 9 :-) there will be vouchers every day until the 20th March :-)
Just make sure you get tomorrows (Wednesdays) for the booking form....
Image 2014
Themeparksandy1981

Today also you get to see the new park map for 2013.
Storm

New map looks messy again no need to include the hotels.  Seen where the smiler is? Not a fan of the new map.
Trisnie

While todays paper had the 50% sun discount it won't work gonna double check the small print but has anyone got any ideas?
lagolfer09

I have just tried the 50% off hotel voucher code that was in the Sun today SUN13 - it does seem to work on particular dates. It seems like usual they have allocated a certain number of rooms per night to be used with the promotion. It only seems to work online if you select 1 or 2 nights; i'm sure last year they did the same and it couldn't be used for stays of longer then 2 nights.
Caz

I tried to use it earlier today for a night in early August but it wouldn't work.  I tried another 'test' date very late in the season during school term and it still wouldn't work so rang them and got the 50% off for the date I wanted in August no problem. Great result!
bensaund

I keep hearing people saying if you call up you get a better deal, looks like the website needs improving IMO
If you go down to the woods today
ADM182

My group is planning for the non traditional visit of late September this year rather than the 8 year tradition of May due to the smiler not being confirmed as open then. Plus the kids should be at school and I cant see that many school trips in the first month of the new term.

Fingers crossed for a discount code which will work then!
Trisnie

bensaund wrote: I keep hearing people saying if you call up you get a better deal, looks like the website needs improving IMO
From what I have seen offers aside booking online is normally cheaper I think this is a big hash up by AT

*edit*

That said its an amazing offer and worth fighting to get
Last edited by Trisnie on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.