TowersTimes Meet - New Beginnings - 16th March

Archive for past events.
Boz

We are pleased to announce our first official meetup of the 2013 Season!

TowersTimes Meet - New Beginnings: 16th March.

You are all invited to join us on the 16th of March, for the first day of the 2013 season. A TowersTimes Meet is a fantastic opportunity to make new friends and meet other like-minded individuals.

We are aware that The Smiler is not going to be open at this time so an additional meet date will be set for this occasion once a date is confirmed by Alton Towers. This is expected to be sometime in May.

For those of you who have access to ERT we will be meeting around 8:45AM under the corkscrews in the entrance plaza.

For later arrivals and those without access to ERT there will then be an additional meeting time of 10:30AM outside Towers Family Restaurant (bottom of Towers Street).

This will be the first time many of us have ever met, as such the team has made it our personal responsibility to ensure everyone is made to feel welcome and part of the group and to make sure no one is left to feel excluded, at any point in the day. Due to the dynamic of such a large group and the differing needs of individuals it is more than likely we will split into smaller groups for portions of the day and especially for lunch.

We will hold one final meeting point at around 4PM (time TBC) to allow us all to group together again for the final part of the day.

After the park closes it is likely that many of us will be staying in the hotels so you're more than welcome to extend your visit to the resort with a drink or two with us in the hotel bars.
You're also welcome to join us in staying at the hotels. The price for staying in Splash landings for the Saturday night is currently quoted as £183.34 (online)

We must point out that our meets are subject to a set of guidelines, available to read here:
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/towerstimes-events-meetups/towerstimes-events-meetup-guidelines/

Now that that's out of the way, If you would like to confirm attendance, or would like to put yourself down as a maybe, please respond in the 'Who's going' topic. I will then add your name to the relevant list, and remove the post.

Nearer the time it will be a good idea to exchange contact details with others you intend to visit with or members of the team. If you don't wish to do this you can simply turn up at the designated points mentioned above.

If there are any further queries, please send myself or any other member of the team a personal message and they will be happy to assist you.

We hope you're just as excited as we are!

The TowersTimes Team

TowersTimes.co.uk
Alton Towers from another point of view!
Last edited by Boz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

Just to make you all aware.
I just got off the phone booking my stay at the Alton Towers Hotel. I was chatting to the very helpful lady at the call centre, who has said that when everyone else makes their booking, to state you are booking for the TowersTimes meet, and they will do their best to group our rooms together :D

Also be aware, that you will need to book by phone for the above, and to get annual pass discount.
Last edited by Boz on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snakey904

when are you guys are doing another meet up cos I am really in need for some new friends or maybe a new partner to take me out of my single life
Danny

We will be arranging an official meet calendar for the season soon :)

We will also soon be posting more information on a mini meet system, we'll keep you informed.
Boz

Hello everyone

Here's a topic for everyone to leave their feedback/reviews of the 16th March meetup.
It will also be a good place for all your pictures to be posted.

I'll get things rolling, and start by saying a big thank you to those that turned up (listed below). To those that couldn't make it, I hope that you will be able to make a future one, as we would really like to meet you all. If anyone had any concerns/worries about meeting us, then please feel free to PM me, so we can address any issues, or hopefully convince you to overcome anything holding you back, so that you can join us next time :)

Attended:
Adz
Luce
Kenzie + Carl
Chris-TT + Simon
Baffles
TheMightyMan
Lindsay.J.Chant
DavidRock
Ben-TT
Roodlesnouter + Chloe
Adam
Tom-TT + Blythe
Dee
Boz
(Danny showed his face at one point too ;))

It was great to see all of you, and I hope you all had a great day 8)

I personally think the day went very well, even with a couple of showers and rather low temperatures, the spirits stayed high. there was a really chilled feeling to the group, and the size was really manageable, and a great start for our new generation of meets.

we got plenty of rides done, owing to the really low gate figures, with the only rides with longish queues being: Oblivion (prob due to all the interest in that area of the park), Rita (due to it's crap throughput, and the two technical issues it suffered whilst we were there), and Air (mostly due to the technical prob whilst we were in the queue). There was also a very small amount of downtime on one of our many rides on Nemesis, due to a cleaning closure. Technical hitches aside, everything else ran smoothly all day, and we got a good ride count out of it.
I enjoyed my lunch at the new burger Kitchen in CCL (after my coke got swapped due to a lack of syrup). They are still clearly getting the staffing in there sorted though, as it wasn't flowing very well behind the counter, but that can be forgiven on the first day of the season.
Oblivion is looking sexy in black once again, in fact, the whole area is looking bloody good, considering it's still mostly a construction site. The Smiler is soooooo much more impressive in person too, it's weird having seen it in aerial images, and with my Sketchup model, but you never get a true feeling of the scale of it, until you're there.

The evening drinking wasn't as well attended as I'd hoped for, but I still got very drunk with Dee, Chris-TT, Simon, And Baffles. We had a great evening, that went on till the early hours of the morning, and resulted in a major hangover for myself.
There were a lot of great moment s through out the day, but I would have to say that my absolute favourite moment, was seeing Baffles photobomb a group photo in the secret garden restaurant :lol:

There will be more meets coming, stay tuned to TT for further info and dates.

Boz 8)
Last edited by Boz on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roodlesnouter

TT does RMT, opening day 2013.

Chooo Choooo

http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris-TT

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone who turned up, it was great to talk to all the new people, and see some old faces along on the meet too. The day went very smoothly, and apart from a few technical problems with the rides we all had a great laugh, with everyone chatting and getting along. A great start to the 2013 season!

‘The Smiler’ is looking absolutely stunning, you really don’t get an idea for the sheer size of the ride until seeing it in person. X-Sector as a whole was looking very tidy considering how it looked on our last aerial update, and of course Oblivion was looking amazing with its new paint job.

Simon, Baffles and I decided to stay at Quarry Walk lodges, a great alternative to the Alton Towers Resort hotels if you want high quality self-catering option with plenty of space, a Hot Tub and costs around half the cost. The only downside is phone signal is next to none existent and you can only gain access to your cabin by car until midnight. This isn't too much of an issue as you can still use the main car park after that and walk to your cabin.

Once again thanks to all who turned up, I hopefully see you all again when ‘The Smiler’ opens! 8)
Ben-TT

Hi Guys and girls,

Just wanted to drop a note to thank everyone who came on Saturday. It was my first TT meet, and I really enjoyed myself - dispite being hung over, nearly chundering on Hex and only managing 1 ride in my first 4hrs. (my own fault really)

Next time, I look forward to much much more drinking and silly shenanigans over the course of the meet.

I look forward to meeting even more Alton Towers 'enthusiasts' at the next meet  ;)

Ben
Luce

Just like to add a few words as well - I really enjoyed myself too and it was great to meet up with old faces as well as meeting new ones.  What was also nice was that it was very relaxed which meant we weren't rushing about and we stayed together chatting which I liked a lot :D

I'm very much looking forward to the next TTF meet :)
Tom

Me and B really enjoyed the meet, lots of new faces and some who we'd met before at the Feb mini meet. Great day, weather wasn't half bad either. Just a shame about the ride down time but still we got on plenty of rides and had a brilliant time.

Big thanks to all those who attended, roll on the next one!
Adz
Admin
Admin

I can mostly echo the teams thoughts above. It was lovely seeing everyone, apologies to those which I didn't get a chance to speak to properly but I'm sure I'll see you again in the near future!

A personal favourite moment of mine was coming out of Duel with Boz's utter failure of an attempt to scare me! :)

Bring on the next one...
Chris
Admin
Admin

It was a great weekend - thanks to all.

I just wish we could see that group photo in Secret Garden after my contribution!!

I have sent the group photo to Adz so am sure he'll post it shortly.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon, let me know if any of you head down to the southern parks as I live close to them.

Chris
operationguard

Hi all, I was thinking of coming to one of the future meet-ups? If thats ok? Im only 16 so wasnt sure if there would be many peeps there to talk to  :cry:

My mate George says hes been to one (Tall anoying fellow :P)

If It is possible to meet up at some point feel free to contact me

Thanks

~Op (Harry)

~Op [AT Legend]
Boz

Of course you're more than welcome to come. Keep your eyes peeled to the "meetups" forum, there will be dates posted sometime next week :)
DavidRock

Hi all, just thought I'd quickly post my review on here as well......

I can't stress enough on how much of a great day it was even with the weather being slightly against us.

Started off on the ERT on nemesis...... What a start to my 2013 season and with nemesis completed there really is only one option and that was to go back around and re ride again.

Had quite a few rides around the park especially on the Runaway Mine Train before heading over to Oblivion.....

All I can say is the Smiler is much more appreciated in person than on the photos, it has to be seen to be beloved.... Shaping up as a potential Nemesis beater (never thought I'd here myself say that)

Had a real good laugh at BOz trying to scare Adz at the exit of Duel.

Got to go on the Sanctuary which I didn't do before as I missed scarefest. Epic moment when one of the actors knocked over the board in one of the rooms  :D

Had a stop off at the Burger Kitchen, was ok as mentioned above due to first day there were a few teething problems but I'm sure these can be worked out over the season (still hasn't changed me form Pizza and Pasta) but worth a try as it was new.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY .........

Well as everyone on the meet knew I was petrified of Ferris wheels and cable cars (really do have a fear of them that you wouldn't believe) we decided to get the sky ride from dark forest to a forbidden valley...... I really did turn white and started to get the shakes..... So I sat here hands over eyes and fingers in ears until I had the chance to get off..... When we got off..... (Sorry cant remember your user name but you had the Celtic shirt on.....) said to me at least it didn't stop and just at that moment as we got off it did stop......

I'm sure I looked like a right clown.... i did remember saying to you guys please don't take any photos as I genuinely am crapping myself......

All in all a really good  day and can't recommend it enough for any other members  who are thinking about attending the meets in the future.... Just wished I'd stayed over the the hotel and enjoyed the evening instead of trying the survive the experience that was he 32A bus back from the park at 5:30pm

Oh yeah see you all for the smiler meet and many more to come......
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Hi, just a quick question about meet up's :D
Do we have to tell or confirm it here first or do we literally just go and 'meet up'? And do many younger people go ie, 16 age haha as not that I would not have a great time but it may be a bit awkward with the age gap ;-)
I hope to come soon as my 'Friends' don't love coaster the way I do aha we can never talk about them they just want to ride that's it aha  :D I try to tell them who made it, when it was made, the backstory but they dont care  :roll: Once I told them too listen to the roar of Nemmy as it passed and they said its just a Roller Coaster?! then one of the said he thought THORPE PARK! was BETTER the Alton Towers aha at that point i went and joined the single riders queue any longer and i may of killed them ;-) the most in depth talk about coaster we had was that he look at nemesis and said it looks old!!
:D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
aidan.rudge.92

hello "Are you ready to smile"

Heres the answer to your question about being under the age of 16.

4 It is required of members under the age of 16 to obtain permission from their parents/legal guardian before attending a meet-up. Not in permission-slip form, but just some reassurance that your parents know where you’ll be and who you’re with will be sufficient. Hope that helps.

I myself can not see a huge problem if there was an age gap between you and the other members. Your all there for the same reason. To meet new people and have fun. I will hopefully be going to a meet soon, the summer one and i have never been to one before, so maybe you can try and do the same one as me and we can meet everyone together? Just an idea.  Anyway i hope i helped you answer your question.  8)
:D