The Smiler - Mobile Game Application

Smile always. New for 2013.
Storm

if having trouble (like most android users this AM) i went into the google play on my pc and got it sent to my phone. and worked just fine that way. it didnt come up in google play on my S3 but did on my laptop.
SwEDEN

Has anyone got a link to the soundtrack used in the smiler game? (I'm talking about the menacing music used in the intro and throughout gameplay with the laugh)

Much appreciated :)
Rollercoasters4Life

The Smiler Game Update on Play Store
The Smiler Game App Change Log: wrote:V1.01 - Nexus 7 now compatible with app
So there we are, anyone with a Nexus 7 can now play it. Enjoy! :)
Soberion

Loving the app, don't forget once you have built it you can spend the credits you earn by playing it to buy more spins on the competition.

One thing I can't work out, what exactly does the track do when it goes past the 'The Flasher' section of the Marmaliser?  The track seems to go all over the place but with the flashing on screen I can't work out what exactly it is doing?
dazza4783

Have been mucking about getting some screenshots from the game, have got some quite cool ones, thought i'd share them with y'all.

danwhit709

A few points concerning the marmaliser and its elements:
  • Will 'The Flasher' element really do much in broad daylight?
  • 'The Giggler' Laughing gas, really? surely just some sort of mist.
  • 'The Hypnotiser' "has the power to disorientate, mesmerise and disrupt your self awareness" Wondering if there could be some sort of sound effects that disorientate you?
  • 'The Tickler' It cant be safe to have things dangling down for riders to hit on their ways past, someone could have their head taken off! but its showing it as some sort of car was roller?..
  • 'The Inoculator' I can only think back pokers but at high speeds that wouldnt be the best of ideas. Also it would make it not part of The Marmaliser
Just some thoughts, anyone want to add to what i think?
kingda dude

speculation over the 7 secret in game unlockables:

2 of them will be for the missing outdoor sections (dual dive loops, corkscrew)

the other 5 will be level 3 for each of the marmaliser upgrades.

to which I am going to say will probably alter the straight section of track leading up to the first lift hill.
in this section I predict the following will happen in any order:

1. The giggler: passengers will be surrounded by fog from fog machines

2. The flasher: strobe light effects.

3. The tickler: a car wash brush positioned to 'tickle everyone head, but out of reach to injure anyone.

4. The Inoculator: the element coined 'the tumble dryer'

5. The Hypnotiser: a visual effect, screens/ projections of spirals

Each of these should occurs one after the other in a sort of 'car wash' style section
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Phild94

7 extras....
1. (2dive loops)
2.Launch 1
3.Launch 2
4.Secret element
5.LapBars
6.Fully upgrade marmaliser
7.corkscrew after cobra.....

Just my thoughts :)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
spin_doctor

Has anyone scanned all the images yet provided in the scanner tutorial. The Alton Towers logo had a link to the website. The smiler style alton towers logo is pretty cool, it rotates and is 3D!! fun ^_^
djtintin1

Has anyone found a neat boost move? When you get the part where the words joy etc flash on the screen n hold the launch button it's continuous till you get back to the station, works for me, but can be difficult to control all the way back.
kingda dude

djtintin1 wrote: Has anyone found a neat boost move? When you get the part where the words joy etc flash on the screen n hold the launch button it's continuous till you get back to the station, works for me, but can be difficult to control all the way back.
I posted this in the high scores thread, it is how I am able to score 15500+
Here is my guide to maximizing your score-
for reference:
stage 1 is from the station to the first lift hill
stage 2 is between the first and second lift hill
stage 3 is the track after the second lift hill

Stage 1:
it is important to remain perfect during the flasher, this gives you a score bonus, by the end of this stage you should be looking for 750+ points and hopefully one person converted

Stage 2:
this has to be as spot on as possible, only use the boosts occasionally for a short time (you want your boost bar at least half full by the second lift hill). You should aim for near 5000 pints and 5/6 people converted.

Stage 3:
As soon as you crest the lift hill, hold the boost and keep holding it to the end of the ride. The number of people being converted should maintain the boost. Before you reach the marmaliser (going into the cobra roll) you should have at least 8 people ( usually 8 people = 13000+, 9 people = 14000+). The cobra roll is the element that makes or breaks the run, you should be still boosting through it, even with the effects of the: inoculator, hypnotiser and giggler. This results in a compound bonus of points (providing you stay within 'good' for most of the time) and potentially converting up to 7 people in one go.

Those are my main tips for scoring as high as me on this game
"The Marmalisation Process has been scientifically designed to ensure a sense of euphoria and satisfaction should be had by all... There are no, known, Long Term side effects to the Marmalisation process, however short term side effects may include: dizziness, vomiting, loss of balance, loss of limb control, feinting, wild hallucinations but most importantly Smiles!"
Nathan Clulow97

Game not on kindle fire please can anyone tell me Will the smiler game be on kindle
Rollercoasters4Life

Nathan Clulow97 wrote: Game not on kindle fire please can anyone tell me Will the smiler game be on kindle
As far as I know, there are no plans to release a Kindle version. Ask the devs Matmi.
hexboom

So there is a new update fro the game, claiming that new images have been added to The Smiler Scanner. I wonder what they could be?!
We often forget, just how much a simple smile can affect our general mood, our demeanor.Here at The Sanctuary, we NEVER forget!
mousch

^If you scan the images in today's Sun a camera appears
pompeyjags

i take it nobody here has won a prize on the spinner?
Khrank

pompeyjags wrote: i take it nobody here has won a prize on the spinner?
not yet! I keep trying, buying 10 spins a day, still nothing.
coastercrazy2011

mousch wrote: ^If you scan the images in today's Sun a camera appears
Which images?
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/7427-brandonhayes123/"]Image[/url]
MatthewR1990

New update on iOS devices. If you scan a smiler logo it becomes interactive and 3D
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
sixstringhotshot88

I think the spinner is rigged IMO.

i haven't won anything on that thing and i've tryed countless times. even when its slows all the way down and looks like its going to stop on a win but then some how manages to click over to nothing.