The Smiler - Mobile Game Application

Smile always. New for 2013.
TheBoyWithOneEye

I think it will very rare for aome one to win a prize as its such an eaysy way to free tickets.
N3m3s1s

If there are 7 unlockables on the Top Secret tab, then does that mean 7 worlds first elements?!
Ripsaw Raver

this is how i think it will be

1:Inline after CobraRoll
2:DiveLoops
3:Maybe a final roll using the banking of the final turn
4;Lap Bar Trains
5:Indoor Light Sequence
6:MultiSensory Effects for the train or ride
7:The Secret Weapon
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Owen

Ripsaw Raver wrote: this is how i think it will be

4;Lap Bar Trains
6 is all ready there as well as 5
AdrenalineAlex

Downloading it now! :D
Ripsaw Raver

thillmad wrote:
Ripsaw Raver wrote: this is how i think it will be

4;Lap Bar Trains
6 is all ready there as well as 5
i meant indoor like in the tunnel section just before the lift, somthing like marmalisation in the sanctuary
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
mickeymaster

I posted this in the marketing forum before, but I think it is better placed here:

I don't know if anyone else has already discovered this but when you have the Smiler app open on your phone do the following for a cool hidden surprise:

1) Click on 'scanner' and then point your phone's camera at your computer screen. 
2) Open up the official Alton Towers website in your browser and click on The Smiler page.
3) Then go to 'The Ride' tab.  If you hold your phone at the screen for long enough then a small scale working model of the ride appears as an overlay in the yellow box titled 'The Smiler Is Coming!' 

You can see two trains whizzing around the track and some other interesting things about the ride, including an inversion at the top of the first lift hill, which has been speculated about on these forums for weeks!  The first lift hill does not appear to be a launch, however, the second vertical lift hill does look like the trains accelerate quickly just before the vertical bit.  The trains then slow down towards the top of the vertical section before inverting again and carrying on along the rest of the track!

I found this hidden extra by complete coincidence - enjoy and keep smiling :-)
JayTricky

mickeymaster wrote: I posted this in the marketing forum before, but I think it is better placed here:

I don't know if anyone else has already discovered this but when you have the Smiler app open on your phone do the following for a cool hidden surprise:

1) Click on 'scanner' and then point your phone's camera at your computer screen. 
2) Open up the official Alton Towers website in your browser and click on The Smiler page.
3) Then go to 'The Ride' tab.  If you hold your phone at the screen for long enough then a small scale working model of the ride appears as an overlay in the yellow box titled 'The Smiler Is Coming!' 

You can see two trains whizzing around the track and some other interesting things about the ride, including an inversion at the top of the first lift hill, which has been speculated about on these forums for weeks!  The first lift hill does not appear to be a launch, however, the second vertical lift hill does look like the trains accelerate quickly just before the vertical bit.  The trains then slow down towards the top of the vertical section before inverting again and carrying on along the rest of the track!

It's been discovered mate. A few pages ago.

It's very cool.
RoyalFool

Just took the app apart to have a nosey, unpacked it and found unity model files and some assets - imported them into the unity SDK and exported all the 3d models and shaders, haven't actually played it yet but I'm guessing some of these are supposed to be locked away. Going to see if I can convert them into something I can render out nicely with Maya or 3dsmax. Wanted to find the music for the title screen but no sign of that yet, guess it's compiled into the binary itself or something.
arsenalfan-1

mickeymaster wrote: I posted this in the marketing forum before, but I think it is better placed here:

I think the model only comes up if you're looking at the marketing image of the ride on that page and not the game advert or the picture of The Smiler logo.  :D
Thanks Lewis97
N3m3s1s

Don't know if it's been spotted, but try scanning the normal AT logo :moj
The Flash

I almost cried.
AlexSmile

I got it yupplpppeeeeee  :shock:  :P
RoyalFool

OK, I've finished pulling it apart - got all the 3d models converted now, going to take some time figuring out what they all are - looks like some of them have names but not models yet (maybe releasing secret element in an update? not sure yet)

Anyhow here are the names of the track parts:

Batwing
Butterfly
Camelback
Cobra Roll
Dive Loop
Double Heartline
Inverted First Drop
Marmaliser
Tickler
Kitchener
Obedience

Got some funky music too but best not upload that due to copyright. Hoping to get some renders of the track elements soonish but might get bored and give up ;)
liamsuxx

first post - been watching these forums for months now and never posted! but this game is amazing, already upgraded everything and I'm thirsty for more! I need more elements!
RCT3Bross

liamsuxx wrote: first post - been watching these forums for months now and never posted! but this game is amazing, already upgraded everything and I'm thirsty for more! I need more elements!
I know. The upgrades need to have the last 7. Real great game. ;)
nodestinyx

Whoo hooo hubby fixed his shitty phone .. and now i can play the game .. i have upgraded everything ... drained his battery twice too ... i wanna know what i am meant to do now?? just beat my own scores??
Nathan Clulow97

Will the game be on kindle fire hd
iriderides101

Nathan Clulow97 wrote: Will the game be on kindle fire hd
Not that I know of, but as the kindle fire is based on android you could side launch the google play store and add it that way, if you google there is a guide on doing this
Clolossus

The Flash wrote: Image

I almost cried.
i got that tooo :'( i wonder if there will be an update for more devices? i doubt it mind....
Nemesis will beat them all!

[img]http]