X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
Hmv

This sounds daft but with paving like this, the bigger the area to do the quicker they can get it done. This is because there is loads more room to work than a driveway and the hardest part will be the borders which on a drive will be alot closer to each other and therefore not as much as the quite easy middle bit. Also looking at the pictures it looks like they have dumped the sand straight out of a lorry, which trust me is alot easier that filling a wheelbarrow out of a ton bag then going and tipping it in the right place then doing it all over again for what can seen like 100 times lol  :lol:
Boz

One things for certain, X-sector is going to look AMAZING this year!
Now if only they could get around to doing the rest of all three parks, we'll all be happy.
But on the flipside, If the parks had had the budget to maintain all this stuff in the first place, huge refurbs like this wouldn't be neccessary.
EC!

Enterprise is all back together !! :D the pictures officially disprove the theory that they are changing it to a fly away. Good too as people have said they are quite uncomfortable.
AltonTowerfanatic

Adz wrote: As reported by TowersTimes, X Sector is due for a complete refurbishment for the 2013 season. Please continue all discussion on this within this topic.
They could simply make it higher! i think they should ave it do more on the exit... ie. when it comes out the hole maybe go into a loop or something??
I'm ready to Smile!
Kenzie2012

I bet there are people at Merlin crying over the fact the area is having a major overhaul and yet not changing in character or principle theme. Usually so much work is due to a complete retheme
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
DeanGaryCox

I can see X-Sector staying closed for the opening of the season and open up after a week or two just before the Easter holidays/weekend which is a peak time; can just see having 3-4 weeks in comparison to 2 is more of an appropriate timescale, and I'm sure Alton will definitely want it open for Easter!
Image 2014
MatthewR1990

Anyone else noticing what appears to be a wall being built around the blivvy exit tunnel pond?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Rollercoasters4Life

MatthewR1990 wrote: Anyone else noticing what appears to be a wall being built around the blivvy exit tunnel pond?
Yeah - looks like a wall to separate the walkway from out of The Smiler shop from Oblivions water trench as you wouldn't want people walking/falling in there...:lol:
Adam

Just to bare in mind guys, to open X-Sector for March. Paving would only need to be laid from the entrance and around oblivion up towards the shop. Not all of the paving would need to be complete. Just enough for a path through.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

If you look closely at the pictures near the toilet you can see that the path outside of X Sector has also been removed and is currently mud, presumably so it doesn't get damaged during construction.  I can't see this being relaid yet as there still working down there, in which case people won't be able to get to X Sector.
simononestop

lol some one really went in to detail with the repaint!!! cool extra oblivion signs!!
going to look really good. great small details!
Kenzie2012

That's always been there!?!?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
simononestop

really! you noticed them there before. well they stand out better now its painted black again!!
Kenzie2012

Yeah I'm sure they were there, I'll dig out a photo.

They will do, they've also been given new life so are much brighter now.
Mono09

They had different numbers/codes in the centre of the oblivion logo if memory serves well
Jack

has anyone noticed Enterprise is back?
lucky13

I've never noticed them tobehonest. But if they have always been their it just shows how much detail towers are maintaining or creating
Thats how we roll SLIDERS
electricBlll_Returns

The signage on X-Cite and X-Sell has been removed... I wonder what this could mean?

Whatever they are doing I hope they appropriately redecorate the interior of that building. It's so ugly with all the weird chevron stickers peeling off the ceiling. And I would rather not be forced to walk through the arcade anyway!

Also, the ventilation pipes on Rehydrator and in Oblivion's queue are still bright orange. Please, there must be some paint from Oblivion left over, just make them black again please!  :tears:
Last edited by electricBlll_Returns on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

electricBlll_Returns wrote: Image
The signage on X-Cite and X-Sell has been removed... I wonder what this could mean?

Whatever they are doing I hope they appropriately redecorate the interior of that building. It's so ugly with all the weird chevron stickers peeling off the ceiling. And I would rather not be forced to walk through the arcade anyway!
How did I not spot that before now? :-s

Well spotted, that would suggest that the building is being overhauled too :)
King Nemesis

Well if you check the game the X-Cite building is different with the smiler's logo, cant get a screenshot unfortunately.