X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
nemesis1978

mbkid22 wrote:
nemesis1978 wrote: Just looking at those last photos and I really can't believe how awful Oblivion looked before the repaint!!!

Also I agree with those who say the pipes should be black as they originally where.  Really can't wait to get into x sector this year and see exactly what has been done.
Couldn't agree more - Blivvy looks stunning in those pics - the black adds to its menace!
Agreed - I rememeber going to the park in 1998 and seeing Oblivion for the first time and was bowled over by it.  I was absolutley terrified and it took some persuading for me to go on it.  I really can't thank the person who made the decision to repaint and restore it to its former glory enough.  The Smiler would have overshadowed Oblivion completely without the repaint.  Now if the could just sort out nemesis, the air tuinnel and the dark forest I would be overjoyed ha ha
rhino18

^Nah, Nemesis looks great. It was designed to have rustic effects for themeing purposes. In your idea of a repaint, how would you have it done? In my opinion, Air needs a repaint the most. When it opened, it had a shiny, bluey-turquoise colour and black supports. Now, the track looks all faded and white and the supports look grey. It just looks filthy. Oblivion could get away with it, because its theme would allow it. Air's supposed to be a gentle and aesthetic ride. Thirteen's fine, obviously and so's Spinball. Rita could do with a repaint, but with some 'Nemesis-style' decor on top of the main coat.
truckaddict

Finally, the Fanta logo has gone!! Now replaced with The Smiler logo

Bi and proud
dylan.tempelaars

were can you see that?
i see now (edit)
Last edited by dylan.tempelaars on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
some people call me insane, you are right!
Liam-AltonTowers

dylan.tempelaars wrote: were can you see that?
TowersTimes news feed. Latest news thing, or you could check out the construction topic;)

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Hitch

They really need to paint the pipes black now.
clayj

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
TowersTimes news feed. Latest news thing, or you could check out the construction topic;)

P.S. Imagine if they removed the orange supports and added Marmaliser legs making it a mini marmaliser lol
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Liam-AltonTowers

James97 wrote: They really need to paint the pipes black now.
I agree, the theme of the Fanta still feels like it's kind of still there with those orange legs. If they painted them black it would look loads better, even better if it was black and yellow!

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Mattfat1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xih5HyFOYg :lol:

That's the whole point. You think its the same but when your up top Oblivion uhohhh :twisted:
CoasterCrazyChris

X-Sector still looks grotty and run down in that picture.

:(
Mattfat1

Not finished laying the floor yet though. In front of Oblivions drop on the lower level some bricks are removed and not relaid yet so its got to be finished and cleaned up before opening yet. X Sector is gonna look ace
Owen

clayj wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote:

P.S. Imagine if they removed the orange supports and added Marmaliser legs making it a mini marmaliser lol
IMO that logo looks like it was installed in about 5 minutes it looks cheap and doesn't make sense, couldn't they have put on a black and yellow stripy oblivion logo, x-sector is not becoming TMOJ'S headquarters it becoming theming for the smiler
RhysLocke444

Am I right in thinking that there may well be a new name for the X-Sector? What with tonight's updates, I don't think the Smiler and its' theming will fit in with the secret government/eternity type theme. Just a thought but I think a new name to do with the sanctuary is in like maybe. Also when 13 opened, there was a new name (Dark Forest) :)
MatthewR1990

YIPPEEEE! Fanta logo has gone!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
TomL

Has anyone noticed that with the theming for the Smiler being added to the grass island, the Oblivion tester seat has moved next to the Oblivion lockers...
mezza

RhysLocke444 wrote: Am I right in thinking that there may well be a new name for the X-Sector? What with tonight's updates, I don't think the Smiler and its' theming will fit in with the secret government/eternity type theme. Just a thought but I think a new name to do with the sanctuary is in like maybe. Also when 13 opened, there was a new name (Dark Forest) :)
I think it's very unlikely.  When 13 was being built, Alton Towers kept referring to the ride being located in 'the area formerly known as Ug Land', whereas AT still keep referring to 'X Sector' including on the park map.  And the area's theme is still fundamentally the same.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
PSxyz

mezza wrote:
RhysLocke444 wrote: Am I right in thinking that there may well be a new name for the X-Sector? What with tonight's updates, I don't think the Smiler and its' theming will fit in with the secret government/eternity type theme. Just a thought but I think a new name to do with the sanctuary is in like maybe. Also when 13 opened, there was a new name (Dark Forest) :)
I think it's very unlikely.  When 13 was being built, Alton Towers kept referring to the ride being located in 'the area formerly known as Ug Land', whereas AT still keep referring to 'X Sector' including on the park map.  And the area's theme is still fundamentally the same.
I think the Smiler will sit nicely in x-sector and like you said there's been no indication of a name change whatever, I'm happy about this.
PSxyz

rhino18 wrote: ^Nah, Nemesis looks great. It was designed to have rustic effects for themeing purposes. In your idea of a repaint, how would you have it done? In my opinion, Air needs a repaint the most. When it opened, it had a shiny, bluey-turquoise colour and black supports. Now, the track looks all faded and white and the supports look grey. It just looks filthy. Oblivion could get away with it, because its theme would allow it. Air's supposed to be a gentle and aesthetic ride. Thirteen's fine, obviously and so's Spinball. Rita could do with a repaint, but with some 'Nemesis-style' decor on top of the main coat.
I think nemesis could do with a repaint featuring it original rusting effect, it actually looks like real rust now which isn't good.
Certainly deserves some new cars.
dazza4783

PSxyz wrote:
rhino18 wrote: ^Nah, Nemesis looks great. It was designed to have rustic effects for themeing purposes. In your idea of a repaint, how would you have it done? In my opinion, Air needs a repaint the most. When it opened, it had a shiny, bluey-turquoise colour and black supports. Now, the track looks all faded and white and the supports look grey. It just looks filthy. Oblivion could get away with it, because its theme would allow it. Air's supposed to be a gentle and aesthetic ride. Thirteen's fine, obviously and so's Spinball. Rita could do with a repaint, but with some 'Nemesis-style' decor on top of the main coat.
I think nemesis could do with a repaint featuring it original rusting effect, it actually looks like real rust now which isn't good.
Certainly deserves some new cars.
If Nemesis gets new cars/trains i would love it to get wing rider style restraints on them. Would add to the ride experience.
Altontowersbarlow

The Smiler would fit in X sector if it wasnt called the Smiler if they called it something like gyro or x-scream it would fit in nicely anyway the track is black and intimidating so i guess it should fit and be an awsome ride i really hope so crossing my fingers.  :D

your worst fear underground........