X Sector Refurbishment

Smile always. New for 2013.
CoasterCrazyChris

So am I the only one here who can clearly see the X-Cite and X-Cell signage on the exterior of the buildings??
King Nemesis

No, I'm pretty sure it's missing...
You can see the signage has been removed

this is a photo from 3rd November

this is a photo from 8th feb

Last edited by King Nemesis on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterCrazyChris

Hopefully it has just been removed for a clean up and polish. Would hate to see the naming changed to "Oblivion Shop" and "arcade" or something equally as generic.
Hitch

The building still has the signs on it? if you zoom in on the image you can see them, it just looks like they are repainting the front of it in white.
Kenzie2012

Are there any photos of the signage as it was? I have to say I didn't even notice.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
CoasterCrazyChris

^Here you go...

Last edited by CoasterCrazyChris on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daboywunda

Those pics also answer the previous question of the markings on Oblivion being present too...
electricBlll_Returns

I can't believe people haven't noticed the codes on the Oblivion supports before... Anyway, it's good they have been retained.

As for the X-Cite signage, you are right it appears to have been put back now. I saw those white markings on the building and assumed it was where the paint had come off while removing the signs. In that case, what are those weird white splats? I guess all will be answered soon.

And if the Smiler Game is anything to go by, The Rehydrator might be looking much better this year all in black with orange lining. But it's probably not accurate.
Owen

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: ^Here you go...

This ^
To this v
Image?
Hitch

I think thats purely to make the game look better, the cafe is still that same so I don't see why they would change the shop either, they are probably repainting it white.
Owen

James97 wrote: I think thats purely to make the game look better, the cafe is still that same so I don't see why they would change the shop either, they are probably repainting it white.
I don't think it will be such a drastic change ether
Chris
Admin
Admin

Is the white not just primer or filler - as a fair bit of the buildings in X Sector were in shabby shape last season..
MatthewR1990

Alton appear to be adding some more stable fencing around the construction site to split it from the rest of X-sector. A sign that the rest of x-sector might well open for release date?
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
tigzie1

An inside park source can CONFIRM the X-Sector WILL be open for main season!
However the Smiler will be blocked off.
Altontowersbarlow

The x sector will be open because oblivion and enterprise are quite popular rides so they would not risk losing money however their will probally be massive security around the smiler they should have actors in x sector too marketing the Smiler.
DeanGaryCox

altontowersbarlow wrote: The x sector will be open because oblivion and enterprise are quite popular rides so they would not risk losing money however their will probally be massive security around the smiler they should have actors in x sector too marketing the Smiler.
well apparently the sanctuary horror maze from scarefest last year is returning for at least the opening of the season... which is highly linked to the smiler.
Image 2014
Hari

To be honest, I think X-Sector needs a really big makeover... e.g.- New Name, New Theme. I think this because all of the rides are really ratty (Including Oblivion) and old. I know that they are painting oblivion and I agree that that will help its cause, but Submission and Enterprise have to go. Many people dislike Submission because of its uncomfortable harnesses and Enterprise for its dizzyness maker, I just dislike them because they are old. I must have ridden them about 5 times each lol. Im only 13.
NR
scw55

Hari wrote: To be honest, I think X-Sector needs a really big makeover... e.g.- New Name, New Theme. I think this because all of the rides are really ratty (Including Oblivion) and old. I know that they are painting oblivion and I agree that that will help its cause, but Submission and Enterprise have to go. Many people dislike Submission because of its uncomfortable harnesses and Enterprise for its dizzyness maker, I just dislike them because they are old. I must have ridden them about 5 times each lol. Im only 13.
Unfortunately for you, others disagree with your opinion. I never rode them myself and I am soon 25. However Enterprise aepshetically fits in Oblivion's curves. Even if they close it to the public due to health and safety, I'd hope they keep it running empty just for the spectable. Make it a really expensive piece of theming.

Most people don't go to Alton Towers often. The admission is expensive compared to other family activities (like walking in fields) and most families won't pay that much money for a day out. As a result a lot of the long-standing attractions will still look novel. Even the coasters.
CoasterCrazyChris

I would agree that both Enterprise and Submission have long since had their day. Most flats installed at Alton Towers over the years were out the door before they even reached ten years old, but these two seem to have hung on for longer (and much, much longer in the case of Enterprise) simply because the park can't afford to lose any more filler rides.

Maybe they are worth keeping, if only for visual appeal in an otherwise drab corner of X-Sector.
DannyNewbro

Are they removing the Fanta ad?