The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
AltonOperator

Anyone know how busy Alton would be on the 8/9 of September? That's the first weekend everyone's back at school.
Thanks Jack
Justin

I did reply briefly in the Shoutbox, but I would recommend checking out ridetimes.co.uk on the weekend following the Easter holidays. This may give you a rough guide of what to expect. Obviously, it will be hard to say for sure, but being September, I'd expect queues of 45-60 minutes for the top attractions. Weekends will be busy throughout the year, then again, some may be holding off for Scarefest :)

Hope this helps :)
AltonOperator

I will try to watch them. Thanks :)
Thanks Jack
vikkimoo

What are we thinking for next week in the week? Relatively quiet?
Dan

vikkimoo wrote:What are we thinking for next week in the week? Relatively quiet?
I’d imagine so.

From watching RideTimes since the Easter holidays finished, Wicker Man has peaked at around 60 minutes early in the day but then goes down from anywhere from walk-on to 45 minutes. Galactica has occasionally generated a queue due to VR faff but most things have been 10 minutes or less.

I hope it’s like that next week as I’m there Monday & Tuesday. Remember the park is closed on Wednesday :)
vikkimoo

Dan wrote:
vikkimoo wrote:What are we thinking for next week in the week? Relatively quiet?
I’d imagine so.

From watching RideTimes since the Easter holidays finished, Wicker Man has peaked at around 60 minutes early in the day but then goes down from anywhere from walk-on to 45 minutes. Galactica has occasionally generated a queue due to VR faff but most things have been 10 minutes or less.

I hope it’s like that next week as I’m there Monday & Tuesday. Remember the park is closed on Wednesday :)
Cheers Dan! I think we've narrowed it down to Tuesday and I'm already excited - first trip in a couple of years!
Wildboy

Hello I'm going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach on Monday 4th June and I notice that the park is only open for six hours. Is this enough time to get around the park? I'm aware that Icon will have just opened two weeks before.
theparklifekid

Don't suppose anyone knows how busy AT and Blackpool PB are on weekdays towards the end of June?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
DeadJack5

theparklifekid wrote:Don't suppose anyone knows how busy AT and Blackpool PB are on weekdays towards the end of June?
I would say Alton Towers possibly 45/60 minute queues maximum (Wicker Man being an exception). Obviously not as busy as a weekend or holidays but uni students/ other people who have days off will likely visit.

Blackpool I am unsure about but having read what the queues have been like, small queues with Icon having a larger queue time
nemefan08

Making a visit on Monday for the second time this year. How busy do you think it will be?
Justin

Some schools have Inset, however, it should be quieter with reasonable queue times. :)
Stan.H

I'd imagine you'll be looking at 45-minute waits at the very max, with exception to Galactica, Wicker Man & River Rapids (only because it's very warm at the moment :lol) - all of which I doubt would being in excess of 70/80 mins. Have a great day! 
RossBridle98

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best time to head up to AT for Scarefest this year? Me and a few mates are planning to come up from Brighton for a couple of days for our first Scarefest.

I'm guessing its going to be pretty packed regardless but any help would be much appreciated!
hursty

RossBridle98 wrote:Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best time to head up to AT for Scarefest this year? Me and a few mates are planning to come up from Brighton for a couple of days for our first Scarefest.

I'm guessing its going to be pretty packed regardless but any help would be much appreciated!
It's always hard to know with confidence, but I would suspect the first weekend (6th & 7th) would be comparatively quiet.
Schools are mostly back for the week starting 29th. So 29th, 30th and 1st Nov, could be good week-day candidates (31st is Halloween and the 2nd is the night before fireworks).
Wagstaff04

Does anyone know how busy Towers will be late-September, as I seem to be going then. 
Dan

Wagstaff04 wrote:Does anyone know how busy Towers will be late-September, as I seem to be going then. 
Pretty much the whole of September is quiet.

Traditionally, the period between the end of the school holidays and the beginning of Scarefest is fairly quiet, although not as quiet as the first few weeks of the season.

Bear in mind that the park is closed every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in September, with the exception of Monday 3rd.
Robert.W

Okay, so I'll probably be making a visit to Alton Towers sometime between now and mid August – does anyone have any ideas on the quietest time to go so that we can make the most of our visit? Thanks! :)

Dan

Robert.W wrote:Okay, so I'll probably be making a visit to Alton Towers sometime between now and mid August – does anyone have any ideas on the quietest time to go so that we can make the most of our visit? Thanks! :)
I don’t think it really matters when you visit at the moment, crowd levels will be similar every day.

I usually take a midweek trip to Alton in the middle of August and have found it to be reasonably quiet in the past couple of years. Obviously this year may be different due to Wicker Man but I would expect queue times to be anywhere between 45-60 minutes, with Wicker Man reaching 90-120 at peak.
AltonOperator

Even today when some schools are back we are looking at high queues. Even Enterprise has a queue! Do bear in mind that the ride times are often very unreliable so the queues are likely much higher than this
Thanks Jack
Swarm Chris

Should check it now, The Smiler is 120 mins, and Th13teen is at 100 mins!  :O Even Hex is 20 mins - the first week of September is perhaps not the best week to go!

A mixture of schools on their last few days of holiday and people thinking the schools have gone back perhaps?