The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
JammyBand

Im going on the 31st August & 1st September, which if you didnt know, is the last weekend before school starts. I think this will be the most busy weekend of the year, but I would like to know what you think. I know I will have a good time, and also I am looking forward to seeing all the park keepers and actors. Luckily for me, we will be having ERT in the morning both days we are there, and also I am going to Alton with the RCCGB (Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain) later in the year (October) Just wanting to know from anybody that would know better than me. Cheers.

Team edit - Moved ~ hursty
Last edited by JammyBand on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Lee James wrote:
hambletwins wrote: another question. What is the regular in park price for second day tickets? It was £5 during the summer which was fantastic but that may go up at October so not to sure. Also can you do the in park cheaper tickets twice? as in for a third day? Or do you have to pay the regular price?
Bounce-back is £5 for the next day. You can only bounce back from a full paying, BOGOF etc ticket. You can sadly no longer bounce back a bounce back ticket.
Theres often very naught people who drop litter on the floor that would enable you to use for a bounce back ;)
manxman

I'm going on the 28th/29th with some friends, never been in the summer holidays before so should we expect the queues to be similar to how they are this week or will it quieten down as it is near the end of the holidays?
Burniel

manxman wrote: I'm going on the 28th/29th with some friends, never been in the summer holidays before so should we expect the queues to be similar to how they are this week or will it quieten down as it is near the end of the holidays?
Hey!
I'm going 27th/28th and was thinking the same
I don't go to AT that often ( I live 4 hours away!), but from general summer theme park experiences, it is usually busier towards the end. Being the last week it may be long queues :(

Having said this went last summer holidays (not quite as late as this maybe a week earlier) and it wasn't too bad longest queue 1 hour which is kind of what we hoped.

I have not been since the smiler opened, and I don't know how this affects the crowds, I am well aware that the smiler queue will be well over an hour (probably nearer 2), but how does this affect the other rides?

I'd say be prepared to queue but in 2 days you should get everything (or at least most things) done.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
ST-Chris

does anyone know how busy it will be usually, in the week the kids go back to school?

im plannin on goin friday 6th september

on the 4 times ive been this year the smiler has only been open for 2 hours!

so hoping it will be fairly quiet as i think ALL schools start on the 2nd, and cant see many kids taking the first week off!
mikecloud1984

ST-Chris wrote: does anyone know how busy it will be usually, in the week the kids go back to school?

im plannin on goin friday 6th september

on the 4 times ive been this year the smiler has only been open for 2 hours!

so hoping it will be fairly quiet as i think ALL schools start on the 2nd, and cant see many kids taking the first week off!
You always have to remember that yes, the school kids have gone back - but some schools run inset days in their first week.

You also have to remember that colleges/6th Form go back a week later and some university's don't go back until the 1st week in October!

You best time, and I hoping I am correct because thats when we are doing Thorpe/Alton back to back, is the first week in October before the Halloween events.

I am hoping for a small queue for Smiler and Swarm but walk on pretty much everything else. As long as the parks keep up the ride capacity.
Dan

Similar to the above, I'm planning a 2 day trip for 9th/10th September.

Seeing as schools and colleges will be back then the park should be fairly quiet, with the exception of a handful of uni students?
mikecloud1984

nicksy111 wrote: Similar to the above, I'm planning a 2 day trip for 9th/10th September.

Seeing as schools and colleges will be back then the park should be fairly quiet, with the exception of a handful of uni students?
I think you are spot on - but do also remember that it's the Uni students who do not "need not go with the parents" because they drive themselves.

But saying that, anything after about the 10th September you should be ok with it getting quieter until Halloween events.
Owen

mikecloud1984 wrote:
nicksy111 wrote: Similar to the above, I'm planning a 2 day trip for 9th/10th September.

I think you are spot on - but do also remember that it's the Uni students who do not "need not go with the parents" because they drive themselves.

But saying that, anything after about the 10th September you should be ok with it getting quieter until Halloween events.
What about a Saturday in sept?
mikecloud1984

Thrillmad wrote:
mikecloud1984 wrote:

What about a Saturday in sept?
Saturdays in Sept will be availiable to students, school kids and uni students a like.

Rule of thumb, weekdays when schools/colleges/unis are in term will normally be quieter than the weekends.

Just think about who realistically can ge to AT on a certain day and you cant go far wrong.
tracey.foster.54

Im going 16/17 sept(mon & tues). Am hoping ive picked a fairly quiet time? I usually go in easter so im guessing it will be a lot quieter. I dont mind the q's in the park im just hoping the water park will be less busy.
We have been in sept once, but that was before The Smiler, Thirteen and Sub-Terra days.
Dan

tracey.foster.54 wrote: Im going 16/17 sept(mon & tues). Am hoping ive picked a fairly quiet time? I usually go in easter so im guessing it will be a lot quieter. I dont mind the q's in the park im just hoping the water park will be less busy.
We have been in sept once, but that was before The Smiler, Thirteen and Sub-Terra days.
16th and 17th September should be very quiet. All schools and colleges will be back, as will most of the universities. There is normally a quiet month or so between schools going back and the start of Scarefest, so you should be able to get round all the attractions with ease over the 2 days (some more than once :D )
tracey.foster.54

nicksy111 wrote:
tracey.foster.54 wrote: Im going 16/17 sept(mon & tues). Am hoping ive picked a fairly quiet time? I usually go in easter so im guessing it will be a lot quieter. I dont mind the q's in the park im just hoping the water park will be less busy.
16th and 17th September should be very quiet. All schools and colleges will be back, as will most of the universities. There is normally a quiet month or so between schools going back and the start of Scarefest, so you should be able to get round all the attractions with ease over the 2 days (some more than once :D )
Thanks for that  :D can't wait to go now, not been since Easter 2011.
----reece----

Hey. Im thinking of going monday... what que times should i expect ? thankss
Burniel

----reece---- wrote: Hey. Im thinking of going monday... what que times should i expect ? thankss
Pretty long it's one if the last days/the last day of the school holidays, so I would imagine pretty busy
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
menopica2006

hey guys

im visiting the park on thursday

judging by the time of year, weather and schools going back do you think its going to be really busy ?

thanks in advance

Joe
Michelle

Hi Joe,
Having been on park today I can say that it was medium busy with queues ranging between 15 mins (Nemmy) -100 mins (The Smiler). As the afternoon progressed (2pm onwards) the queues seemed to even out with The Smiler showing 45 mins and in reality being around 55.
There were still a fair few kids about today but I think MOST schools are back at the latest Thursday so you shouldn't be too bad at all :)
menopica2006

thank you Michelle :)

queues are my idea of hell so im hoping its quiet ... 15min queues sound amazing and im not surprised by the smiler at all!

thanks for the info... better start the 6 hour drive from glasgow lol
ST-Chris

the smiler Q is currently 20mins

looking good for friday :D
Balb0wa

nice , this afternoon