The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
vikkimoo

It is supposed to tip it down with rain all day tomorrow (well it IS a bank holiday!) so may be quiet due to that?
Count-Vonduel

How busy would PBP be on 5th of sept and how much do you think I could do there in 3 or 4 hours?
dantheman

Hi everyone,

Just wondering does anyone know how busy Portaventura should be around the 27th of October(or that week in general). I know a lot of schools are out on Halloween break around then. Have a trip planned so just curious to know :D . Thanks
ponder

I went in October 2013, and while it was only moderately busy during the day, it got very busy in the evening. However, the park stays open until midnight on Saturday's during their Halloween period, so that kind of makes up for it.
dantheman

ponder wrote:I went in October 2013, and while it was only moderately busy during the day, it got very busy in the evening. However, the park stays open until midnight on Saturday's during their Halloween period, so that kind of makes up for it.
Thanks very much for the help! :D
SmileAlways

I went for my birthday on Wednesday 23rd March 2016, while schools weren't on holidays yet but 4 days after opening day and there was no queues for anything, we were on the first cart sent around the Smiler and managed to get on it 12 times in total, with 7 of them being in a row from about 3:30pm to 4:30pm
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98
vikkimoo

I know it's a LONG way ahead, but how busy do we think it'll be for fireworks this year? Supposed to be going with my family on the Saturday...
ThemeParkEwan

Hi guys this is my first post

does anyone know what will be the quietest day next week?
thanks
Burniel

ThemeParkEwan wrote:Hi guys this is my first post

does anyone know what will be the quietest day next week?
thanks
It's Easter Holidays, so it'll be fairly busy whenever you go.

Naturally, avoid bank holiday Monday. I'd also advise against the Friday and possibly against the Tuesday due to weekend stayers having an extra day. Overall, Wednesday or Thursday would probably be quietest, but still be prepared for large queues for Galactica and The Smiler! :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
ThemeParkEwan

Cheers! I've decided i'm going on wednesday
oblivion

How busy do you think that the 29-30th of April will be? Estimates of queue times would be especially helpful. Thanks.
Arwen

oblivion wrote:How busy do you think that the 29-30th of April will be? Estimates of queue times would be especially helpful. Thanks.
29th should be the least busiest time as it's a week day, the schools aren't off then so it should be quiet. Queues (this is a very rough estimate!) should be around 5-30 minutes, maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less!

30th (Saturday) would be much busier with it being a weekend. Queue may be around 10-50 minutes but expect longer queues for Galactica as it is the newest attraction.

Hope this helped! :)
Tom170499

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place but I was wondering how busy it might be on Friday? I'm planning to go but wanted other peoples opinions. Thanks :)
Liam.W

Tom170499 wrote:Hi, not sure if this is in the right place but I was wondering how busy it might be on Friday? I'm planning to go but wanted other peoples opinions. Thanks :)
Well it is during school holidays so will be busier than normal, but judging by queues lately I doubt it will be to busy!

(In future, posts like this are better placed in the 'my visit' section under the topic called 'how busy will it be'!)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lf2001

How busy will it be on the 8th of April? Am I right that the local schools will be back by then?
NeoXIII

lf2001 wrote:How busy will it be on the 8th of April? Am I right that the local schools will be back by then?
Yes, according to Staffordshire council the students are back in school starting on the 6th of April. :)
http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/educati ... /home.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brooksheff

Hi All

I've not been to Alton Towers in years and a group of us are going on the 18th April which is Term Time I believe. Does anybody have an idea what I could expect queues wise?

Obviously summer hols you get huge queues. We're hoping it will be fairly quiet.

Cheers
Justin

NeoXIII wrote:
lf2001 wrote:How busy will it be on the 8th of April? Am I right that the local schools will be back by then?
Yes, according to Staffordshire council the students are back in school starting on the 6th of April. :)
http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/educati ... /home.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting!
Our pupils (from another part of the country) go back on 11th April... well I hope they do, otherwise they will be a teacher down :lol
Ladyofthelake

Justin wrote:
NeoXIII wrote:
Interesting!
Our pupils (from another part of the country) go back on 11th April... well I hope they do, otherwise they will be a teacher down :lol
The school Easter holidays have really varied this year depending on area. In my area the schools go back on Monday (4th) which I believe is one of the earliest to go back. Some go back Wednesday or Thursday next week, and others on the 11th April.
Justin

They certainly have, but it is down to the early Easter. It also depends when schools begin the school year. Compared to Staffordshire, we began our school year 3 days earlier, so they are obviously need to make up a few days throughout the year.

It is a situation which will vary more over the next few years, especially with academisation and their power to control term dates.