The 'How busy will it be?' Topic

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Adam.W

I'm planning on going on the 11th since that day is planned to be a training day in my school. I'm expecting it to be a fairly quiet day :)
DeadJack5

Hi guys,

I didn't know if there was a topic for how busy the park will be on certain days so I thought I would ask here.

I'm thinking about going tot rh park with my girlfriend in May, thinking while the kids are in schools and such. What day do you think would be what to go or would a weekend day be ok to go?

Thank you
polorob124

Deadjack5 wrote:Hi guys,

I didn't know if there was a topic for how busy the park will be on certain days so I thought I would ask here.

I'm thinking about going tot rh park with my girlfriend in May, thinking while the kids are in schools and such. What day do you think would be what to go or would a weekend day be ok to go?

Thank you
Normally the park is more quiet on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, so it might be best to go then. However, by the looks of things park attendances in general have been lower than normal this year - I was there yesterday and for the middle Saturday of most schools' Easter break, the park was quieter than normal with minimal queues for the major thrill rides - thus weekends might be OK depending on whether attendances pick up as the season progresses.

Of course this might change by May, but I would think Tuesdays/Wednesdays are the best option.
Liam.W

polorob124 wrote:Normally the park is more quiet on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, so it might be best to go then.
The park will be shut on most Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout May, except for the first and last week of the month.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

That was some shocking advice :lol
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
dominoes

May be a little far in advance, but I am planning on going on the 13th and 14th of June (monday and tuesday). Does anyone have any idea the size of crowd I will be dealing with that day?
Justin

As is term time then the queues should be ok, however; expect to queue for Galactica as it is their newest experience.
You may also have the odd school party, but I think you should not experience many delays.

Of course, it is very hard to predict and it may be different on the day.
DeadJack5

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. Decided to go on the 8th of May (a Sunday) as a weekday isn't an option, how busy do you think it will be?

Thank you :)
Burniel

Deadjack5 wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. Decided to go on the 8th of May (a Sunday) as a weekday isn't an option, how busy do you think it will be?

Thank you :)
Sundays are usually quite quiet, especially away from school holidays etc. They will also generally have slower starts, which is a plus if you're getting there for ERT/Park Opening.

I'd imagine that queue will be no longer than they currently are. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Iwholden

This is probably in the wrong place so I apologise in advance if it is..

I was thinking of going to Alton Towers tomorrow but I'm just wondering with it being shut on Tuesday and Wednesday, will everyone be going on Thursday instead?
Aidan Lowe

Given its been closed for these two days & the weather is fine tomorrow I'd imagine it'll be busier than expected.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
DeadJack5

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Will be going on the 8th of May (Sunday) as said before :) how have the Sunday's been looking in the last few weeks?
Aidan Lowe

I went last Saturday which out of all days is usually the busiest, waited 15-20 mins for Galactica and 10 mins for The Smiler on the Saturday but the Sunday following was around 75 mins for Galactica & 30 mins for The Smiler.

Why this particular Sunday was far busier I'm not sure, have a check of ride times again this Sunday it may of just been a one off.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
owenrita121

I'm going tomorrow, what have the other Saturdays been like this year for queue times?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
owenrita121

Surely someone must have been on a Saturday this year that wasn't opening day! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
DeadJack5

When would the best time to visit the park would be in June? Mid week i'm probably guessing but what day would you say would be best?
SkuM001

Deadjack5 wrote:When would the best time to visit the park would be in June? Mid week i'm probably guessing but what day would you say would be best?
Midweek and the earlier in June the better. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday are all similar when it comes to how busy the park is, weather depending.
JSMarsden

Hi New to the forum (but part of another coaster one!)

I've booked a trip for the 15 & 16th to AT (staying in Enchanted Village Lodges).

I'm guessing the Sunday will be a touch busier than Monday (45 -60min for Galactica and Smiler I guess?) - We have ERT for Sunday and Monday BUT:

ERT now is only for Oblivion and Spinball isn't it? (Is there an opportunity to queue for smiler from like 9:30 onwards once bored of the only 2 rides included in ERT)

Is the path from Enchanted Village now finished, into the Forbidden Valley? (Is it quicker to enter this way on Sunday than to walk from hotel, to monorail, to park entrance?)

Thirdly, I have booked the high tree top quest - when do you think is the best time to do this? I was thinking Sunday 9am, (missing ERT) but if we can travel down the path from Village to Forbidden Valley, I would get to Nemesis, Galactica etc around 10ish without too large queueS? Just didn't want to go into the park, to come out for the ropes, to go back in on Sunday (bit of a faff) so wanted to do them either early, or later!
DeadJack5

Hi guys,

I've booked to go with my friends on the 8th of June (Wednesaday) it's a week after the half term I believe. Do you think it will be quiet? I'm guessing there will be mainly students just to some unis finishing around this time?
Adam.W

Not so much how busy the park will be on a particular day, but what order to do the rides in.
From everyone else's experiences, what's the best route around the park, with rerides and shortest possible queues? Obviously this depends on the day and a lot of it is down to chance so there isn't really a set best route, but I just want to see from everyone else's experience :)