Alton Towers 2013 Map

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Michelle

Definitely not just you, I know the park well but when I visited with my friends they tried to navigate with the map and found it pretty much useless , I'm hoping this year's will be slightly simplified !
tori_swift

I have last years map up on my wall. A friend came round and genuinely ask me "how the hell are you meant to use that?" I'm just glad I don't need it to navigate, people going for the first time must be bewildered  :?
rossdeadmanz

I have been going to Alton a few times a year since I was 10 years old and I can honestly say I have never even considered using Alton Towers' Map as a means of guidance. I've always followed whatever signage is available in the park or asked a member of staff for directions.

The map to me is nothing more than a free item of memorabilia!
Liam-AltonTowers

What will the Alton Towers 2013 map look like from March till May when The Smiler isn't open. Will it just say "The Smiler - coming soon!" or something like that?

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Roodlesnouter

Skyfall wrote: Take. The. Sodding. Hotels. Off. The. PARK. Map!

For people who are visiting with no intentions to stay over, it's a pretty useless feature to have the hotels and golf included on the park map. If they printed a separate resort map for people who want to stay over, so be it. But the standard park map should contain nothing BUT the park. They'll have so much more space to play with and will be able to really advertise SW7 without making X Sector look tiny as I imagine the park map will for this year. Infact, I can't even call it a map as I just see people standing, looking at it in a clueless manner as if it's supposed to help them navigate.
It advertises the hotels to folk who may not know about them otherwise, everyone grabs a map.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheNigeC

roodlesnouter wrote:
Skyfall wrote: Take. The. Sodding. Hotels. Off. The. PARK. Map!

For people who are visiting with no intentions to stay over, it's a pretty useless feature to have the hotels and golf included on the park map. If they printed a separate resort map for people who want to stay over, so be it. But the standard park map should contain nothing BUT the park. They'll have so much more space to play with and will be able to really advertise SW7 without making X Sector look tiny as I imagine the park map will for this year. Infact, I can't even call it a map as I just see people standing, looking at it in a clueless manner as if it's supposed to help them navigate.
It advertises the hotels to folk who may not know about them otherwise, everyone grabs a map.
The map has 2 sides, have all of the park on one side as a map, on the reverse have a bit for the hotels and then the rest be like it was last year, explaining whats in each zone of AT and food n drinks offers etc. The hotels take up too much room on the map at the minute.
[align=center]I Could live on Nemesis! I want to travel the world visiting all the best Theme Parks!

FACEBOOK TWITTER INSTAGRAM [img]http://TUMBLR YOUTUBE

CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK
[/align]
Kenzie2012

I disagree on this point...

I don't see why the hotel's shouldn't be on the main map. It's good for advertising to people who wouldn't have seen them otherwise and there is ample room on there to fit it all on with room to spare to be arty farty with.

Take the 2004 Resort Map for example... by far and away one of The best maps to date..

The Hotels take up such a small portion that they really don't impede the design of the park at all.  small amount of room could show EG and FV is quite large there so room could be made by trimming the pathways around Blade somewhat.
The rest of that Map shows just how well the Map can be designed with all areas on show looking brilliant!!!! It would take very little to make X-Sector stand out aswell.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
JammyBand

The hotels have been and will be on the maps! Alton Towers are seriously trying to market short breaks to the GP, with adverts and new constructions always taking place in the accommodation department. For example, AT are constructing those 150 lodges soon, and probably an entertainment complex to go with it. This is a large thing Alton are trying to advertise (the reason they made the second hotel WITH WATER PARK) They will keep trying to advertise this until everybody knows about the hotels and thinks about staying over.
Kenzie2012

A good point to remember is whatever form he map takes this year, expect the Hotel area o be made a point of with a advert for the "New Accommodation" to be a prominent feature!!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
bensaund

Everyone find out they have a hotel, go online to book a room, look at the high price and still book a Premier Inn/Travelloge down the road as its less than half the price.
If you go down to the woods today
truckaddict

Does anyone have a map from the feb half term??? That could give us an idea

Bi and proud
Hmv

truckaddict wrote: Does anyone have a map from the feb half term??? That could give us an idea
it's the same as last years with the closed areas of the park blanked out
Owen

Can you get a pic (I know it's annoying but I wanna see it  :tears:)
Hmv

I haven't got one and won't be there for the rest of half term sorry  :?
Owen

Hmv wrote: I haven't got one and won't be there for the rest of half term sorry  :?
That's okay I'm sure google has one
Michelle

Don't know if you've found one but here it is anyway..
Rubbish quality, darn iPhone..
truckaddict

Michelle wrote: Don't know if you've found one but here it is anyway..
looks like it will be same map then :/

Bi and proud
Owen

Michelle wrote: Don't know if you've found one but here it is anyway..
Thanks,what are the little yellow speech marks
King Nemesis

Was for the Moshi Mosnsters Treasure hunt type thing.
Owen

King Nemesis wrote: Was for the Moshi Mosnsters Treasure hunt type thing.
Oh