Alton Towers 2013 Map

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Marie

truckaddict wrote:
Marie wrote: I do have to say though, the map looks great and whoever has designed it has done a great job!
Get. Out. Seriously though, the map is a disgrace! Yes AT make it look fancy but it isn't a good map! I mean TPs is better!!!
Yes if you read the rest of my post you would read that I agree the map is useless for navigation purposes. I am talking about the look/design. I think it looks great. I did mention I couldn't use it to get around.
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
King Nemesis

Sorry but how is it useless?
Old maps sure.. but this is a lot clearer with paths and objects are a lot less scaled down (looking at you hotel)
The map is not 100% accurate but gives you a rough idea on how to get to sections which is all the map is needed for.. it is not supposed to be 100% bang on... Follow the paths yourself... You can see how to get from A to B..

Give the general public some credit and expectations that they will use there eyes... For example they can see that if they wanted to get to Dark forest they would look at the map and go okay I go through mutiny bay, past battle galleons, Walk down the path underneath the archway and it will be there.

Obviously that's not 100% right but they will walk up the hex and look left, Oh look there's the dark forest sign, that red one must be Rita and a bit further on thirteen..

Navigation wise it's good.. Kids can look and go "Okay follow me!" and get there no problem. without going "Huh?" It's bright and colourful and interesting..

/rant
DrReeve

Ive even seen one group use google maps print of alton towers and then highlight the attractions. Not a bad idea for first timers.

Yes you do get an idea about the paths but it would send most people around katanga canyon when they are trying to reach forbidden valley.
Image credit to Lewis97
Trumpet

As a map, they are not the best, but as a work of art, and a marketing tool to get you into the park, it is fantastic. They make the park look fantastic!
"Science is not an exact Science"

Rick and Morty - 2014
Forza_Dan24

This new map is a great addition to the bedroom wall ;)

But no, it's not the best navigation tool, it does give you the jist of where everything is though. Maybe they're trying to add an element of 'exploration'  :|
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
Tom

The 2004 map was the best in my opinion. It was clear and simple to follow, you could actually use it to navigate the park if you wanted.

I don't understand the weird angle of the new maps, it's more like it's designed to be a poster rather than a map.
DrReeve

although the suns map does just fit on that space in my wall... Is it wrong to take down my personal achievements and put up rollercoasters...
Image credit to Lewis97