The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
Andzdrew

Seems like the update to the smiler game has been deliberately delayed also... They obviously want to keep things secret until the ride is really open
SwEDEN

Ok, so just has a look back at BPs coverage of THE SMILER and they said it pulled 4.5Gs, yet Wardley said it pulled five. :-s
I trust Wardley more than I trust BP, but has anyone got any conformation on how many Gs this actually pulls?
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

SwEDEN wrote: Ok, so just has a look back at BPs coverage of THE SMILER and they said it pulled 4.5Gs, yet Wardley said it pulled five. :-s
I trust Wardley more than I trust BP, but has anyone got any conformation on how many Gs this actually pulls?
I think it is 4.5 and John just rounded it up :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
SwEDEN

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
SwEDEN wrote: Ok, so just has a look back at BPs coverage of THE SMILER and they said it pulled 4.5Gs, yet Wardley said it pulled five. :-s
Well that's embarrassing from my part since I was talking to some friends yesterday about the coaster and I said it pulls 5Gs...... oh well, they'll never know. 8)
broco101

Who has seen the smiler sim on ridesims? I LOVE IT!  :O
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
lewis97
Admin
Admin

For those that won't be able to download my The Smiler NL recreation, a POV is now available here.
mixer114

broco101 wrote: Who has seen the smiler sim on ridesims? I LOVE IT!  :O
hats off to ride sims its a great job love it that you can also do evac lol. second time i played it it broke down real true to life lol
broco101

mixer114 wrote:
broco101 wrote: Who has seen the smiler sim on ridesims? I LOVE IT!  :O
hats off to ride sims its a great job love it that you can also do evac lol. second time i played it it broke down real true to life lol
haahaa yeah, I like the fact you can time the lifts aswell.. its alot better than some of the others on there!
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
Mattfat1

The Smiler Game on IOS has a new update!

Sees the introduction of "The Ride" interactive 3D Model
DaveBear

SwEDEN wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Well that's embarrassing from my part since I was talking to some friends yesterday about the coaster and I said it pulls 5Gs...... oh well, they'll never know. 8)
To be honest again i dont think its the be all that ends all, i mean can a Rider really tell difference from 4.5G, 4.7G and 4.9G?

I have been on some rides that have Inversions of higher G's than others but the ride seemed to not be as intense.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

What a disappointing update!! I wish I'd didn't update it now so I could keep the wheel jphha ;) I thought altleast we would have new things going on when we play the game but nothing not even the 7 secrets ( but I could of guessed they would be out ) really disappointing :(
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Heisenberg96

Annoys me that the highest drop is claimed to be 30m...considering it doesn't drop 30m, it climbs 30m....

I always knew that was supposed to be the highest drop but I didn't know they counted the vertical lift hill. If you say 'drop' you expect to dip down not go up on a chain! So that is not the highest drop!
Last edited by Heisenberg96 on Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JT19412

I'm torn between whether the front or back row will be best when riding The Smiler. I love the front row on almost all rides because you get the best view and are not just staring at the back of a ride seat.

On the other hand, the back seat will be especially good - not because of the airtime - but because it will be so much easier to catch loose change that falls out of people's pockets (especially on that vertical lift).  ;)
Owen

Game update screenshots :D
Updated home screen
3D model
Visit and scan to unlock...
Cookie Monster

Is John doing a book signing
homer22422

I don't know if this is wrong information or if Alton Towers was planning for this delay.

Listen to what the news reporter says:

Next Sunday?

It's probably just wrong information or Alton Towers was planning for this all the time.

Look at the time of the clock from part of the marketing of the smiler (it reads 5:14) Which was the same day when that news report was on.

The date it aired was the 14 Th of may. may = 5    14= 14  5:14

So what do you think?
RCT3Bross

Thrillmad wrote: Game update screenshots :D
Updated home screen
3D model
Visit and scan to unlock...
Lol I'm still at 1.04 on my android device, Still have the wheel of win here. Anyone els with the same problem on Android?
warrenashcroft

These images are the official AR images (textures) as stored within the game code, some do not scan and are likely to be either unused or usable in a future update.

Enjoy!! :D

Note: Please do not rip these without credit, it took some effort to obtain these.

Alton Towers

The Smiler

Map and Tickets

The Sun Newspaper Promo

Leg Markers

Track Markers

Misc

Last edited by warrenashcroft on Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warrenashcroft

After scanning these:

All Top Secrets Unlocked  8)

JT19412

warrenashcroft wrote: Image
I really don't know how that scanner symbol for The Giggler resembles laughing gas. At first glance, I thought it was ice cream...  :? :? :?