The Smiler - Other Discussion

Smile always. New for 2013.
warrenashcroft

JT19412 wrote:
warrenashcroft wrote:
I really don't know how that scanner symbol for The Giggler resembles laughing gas. At first glance, I thought it was ice cream...  :? :? :?
Probabbly better in colour, in person  :P
Ripsaw Raver

ok the ermm lack of the tunnel on to the lift as it is shows that there must be get another update to go, And where is the fabled Disorientator, My Guess is, is that The Disorientater is the actual track itself somthing like "14 Inversions to turn that frown upside down" I really hope we get that light tunnel par the advert
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Owen

Ripsaw Raver wrote: ok the ermm lack of the tunnel on to the lift as it is shows that there must be get another update to go, And where is the fabled Disorientator, My Guess is, is that The Disorientater is the actual track itself somthing like "14 Inversions to turn that frown upside down" I really hope we get that light tunnel par the advert
What tunnel?
And the disorientater is the heart line roll with the strobes flashing
Last edited by Owen on Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

Thrillmad wrote:
Ripsaw Raver wrote: ok the ermm lack of the tunnel on to the lift as it is shows that there must be get another update to go, And where is the fabled Disorientator, My Guess is, is that The Disorientater is the actual track itself somthing like "14 Inversions to turn that frown upside down" I really hope we get that light tunnel par the advert
What tunnel?
And the disorientater is the heart line roll with the stoves flashing
Stoves?! Really wow... What they cooking? ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Jack

Thrillmad wrote: with the stoves flashing
I want some of what your taking ;)
Phild94

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
What tunnel?
I've heard they got loads of spare beef for some reason something to do with cows on the track :/ ;) maybe a massive barbeque :D That would certainly make anyone smile :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
alfiebella1

Was talking to some of the guys working near the smiler yesterday and they said they were having problems with the restraints locking correctly and staying properly in place. Maybe this is just speculation but could be something to do with the delay of opening

(not actually in X-sector, on the perimeter they had closed off, workers were passing in and out a couple of times in the day and just asked him why it wasnt opening. He seemed to think it was something to do with restraints but couldn't fully confirm this?)
Last edited by alfiebella1 on Mon May 27, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

alfiebella1 wrote: Was talking to some of the guys working near the smiler yesterday and they said they were having problems with the restraints locking correctly and staying properly in place. Maybe this is just speculation but could be something to do with the delay of opening
How where you speaking to the workers yesterday if X-Sector was closed? ;)
B3N7AM1N.712

alfiebella1 wrote: Was talking to some of the guys working near the smiler yesterday and they said they were having problems with the restraints locking correctly and staying properly in place. Maybe this is just speculation but could be something to do with the delay of opening
Maybe that would explain why that express reporter in the on-ride video kept pushing on the restraints when he was waiting for the train to be dispatched :/
:D THE SMILER :D
Dan

I think that was more to do with the fact that he was petrified. I wouldn't read too much into it. Numerous journalists and news reporters have ridden the ride already so I think the restraints are fine
Aidan Lowe

Despite the fact this will be an awesome coaster to ride, anyone else feel with the latest delays and setbacks that the magic of this coaster is slowly disapparating. The build-up to the opening day had everyone buzzing, now it's simply yea I'll ride this next time I go later in the year.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Katherine

Okay so my mum just saw the smiler advert on tv, saw the 2 lift hills with a car on each one, so she says to me "Are there 2 rides at once, called the smiler 1 and the smiler 2?"

Please help me respond. *facepalm*
TheSmiler1998

Kathy wrote: Okay so my mum just saw the smiler advert on tv, saw the 2 lift hills with a car on each one, so she says to me "Are there 2 rides at once, called the smiler 1 and the smiler 2?"

Please help me respond. *facepalm*
Just nod and go along with it. Say ones called Jimmny and the other is Billy-Bob
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
mezza

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
What tunnel?
The stoves are just next to the washing machine.
EXIT THROUGH THE SHIPPING CONTAINER
truckaddict

Why does everyone keep thinking that we still have a washing machine element, there is just NO ROOM!

Bi and proud
Boz

I'm pretty sure that was a joke Truckaddict :roll: ;)
truckaddict

I hope so because I hate the idea of it only because I ain't good with stuff like that e.g. Hex

Bi and proud
TheSmiler1998

Although the washing machine isn't happening,I think it was an idea by Boz or someone on here. It wasn't just, some stupid spinning room like hex the idea was for the cart to physically be spun like a washing machine. The only reason it was suggested was be usage the original plans only showed 8 inversions I think and people thought about how Alton could beat the record with only 8 "planned inversions"
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Zach

My Facebook status the moment the smiler is annouced open..."due to unforeseen teething problems zach will be unavailable today"
dazza4783

So what scores are everyone getting on the smiler game now that we have it fully upgraded? My best so far is 20,461.