Whats your favourite type of rollercoaster?

General theme park and attraction industry chat, along with the world of theme park gaming.

Whats your favourite type of rollercoaster?

Original
3%
Suspended
33%
Swinging Suspended
2%
Floorless
2%
Flying
14%
Stand up
No votes
Pipeline
No votes
Wing
7%
Bobsled
2%
Spinning
No votes
Backwards
No votes
In-the-dark
No votes
Wooden
5%
Hyper
5%
Dive
14%
Other?
3%
launched
10%

Total votes: 58
Marcus

Two votes per user because im nice  ;) I voted for Dive and Suspended  :D
And you?
bensaund

Didn't see launched coaster in the list
If you go down to the woods today
Boz

added :)
Marcus

Thanks I was sure I put launched  :oops:
sweedish2009

Very tough choice, went for suspended in the end.

This is simply because of Nemesis, Montu, Black Mumba and Dragons Challenge.

I was close to putting standard, for the simple fact that Hulk and Kraken are friggin awesome.
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
TheInactiveMoth

Unfortunately, I haven't been to many theme parks, so I'm having to base this on my 'Towers experience... therefore, as Nemmy and Air are my two faves, my votes have to be suspended and flying...
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Noah the carnivorous botanist - Arsenal 'til I die!
Morgan

No idea as I haven't experienced invert, launch or Gerstlauer yet. I can't decide so I shall pick a few and why:
Wild Mouse
I just love the way they throw you around and general fun of them!

Dive Coaster
Drops are amazing, need I say more?

Wing Coaster
It's an unusual position to sit in but still very comfy (unlike Flying coasters). Also, the hang-time on them are great.
NemesisRider

This one was close for me. I chose Dive and Flying because the dive coaster I've tried is awesome and flying because it's such an original and different type.
Dom

I went for a wing. I have this love of The Swarm, and would love to ride more. Please UK. Get more.
Owen

I am in a agreement with Dom - wing coaster just seem to pull something out of parks that make them special.
stealthsmiler

I found this hard as it comes down to individual rides themselves however I went for launched. Launched coasters are the only coasters I've been on where I have loved every single one of them, you can't beat the launch. Plus my favourite coaster ever is stealth (until I finally get in to Kingda Ka and Formula Rossa).
Capt.Barnacles

I have to go with B&M Invert, basically because I have been on enough to have a valid opinion on them. I've got experience of both 2nd Gen (no predrop) and 1st Gen inverts and they're generally amazing experiences having absolutely nothing below you, gives a slightly varied experience from a floorless coaster. Hopefully going to get across to Phantasialand soon to get on Black Mamba, and eventually go to somewhere like Cedar Point for Raptor or Knotts Berry Farm for Silver Bullet. My 2nd choice would be of course a Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster but it's not on the list ;)
Danny

I chose Hyper, purely on the basis of my worlds best ride Shambhala :love:
sw7nutter

Funny you are to mention raptor as personally felt raptor is the reason for me not rating inverts highly. Way to harsh changes in the banking made for a very rough ride.
I went with launched rides as the best. They are the only rides which are still able to induce some sort of adrenaline rush before hand. TTD is just epic. I would have put giga coasters as my favorite but seeing as ive only been on one i cant say much about the others.
Stan.H

Hyper & Suspended
SouthCoaster47

It has to be flying coasters: the 'new' concept and the platform for immersive theming as well as the completely different way of positioning make these stand out .
Adam.W

I went for inverted (suspended) only because I have hardly experienced many types of coasters many times (1 or 2 mostly) and I feel that if inverts are done well like nemesis or are of a good standard, then yeah. I was tempted to go for winged, as they look good, but I've never been one one. Another I was tempted to go for was in the dark (space mountain style) but they tend to be a bit slow and not as thrilling, but not all of em, and even still haven't been on a lot of them. I also like spinning coasters, but a lot of them are awfully painful when they aren't spinning and hit a hard turn. So yeah, invert for me :)