Your World First Ideas

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Roller coaster where the track rotate unexpectedly...  8)
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
gddevey1012

DanM3 wrote: Worlds tallest......
We all know that's never going to happen one word RESTRICTIONS. 
lf2001

A stand up coaster with a vertical drop, or maybe a beyond vertical drop..
ThrillJunkie

Worlds first coaster without restraints
ThrillJunkieUK
stealthsmiler

ThrillJunkie wrote: Worlds first coaster without restraints
Blackpool Pleasure Beach had a coaster which didn't have restraints until old Big Dipper trains were used on it in 2006

Oblivion but with Airs trains so you go down head first. Only one row at a time so it would have a slow through put but it could have custom trains with 8 seats.

A coaster that has a train above and below the track. Or a seat on all four sides.

A water coaster like Oblivion where each row is facing each other. There would be tanks above each seat which fill up and when the ride gets back into the station the tanks empty on the riders. As you go round you have to answer questions.  Every question you get right the tank above the rider opposite you fills up a bit.  If you answer incorrect or don't answer in time yours fills up a bit.
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickiFan

Worlds first water ride with a vertical lift..
@ltonFreak12

an inverted wing coaster maybe?
DrReeve

@ltonFreak12 wrote: an inverted wing coaster maybe?
what difference would this make to the actual ride?
Image credit to Lewis97
George B

How about a ride that launces you vertically downwards?
Last edited by George B on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
LCFCjames

Bunster wrote: How about a ride that launces you vertically downwards?
A launch downwards + gravity would result in some pretty insane speeds  :P

I've always thought a launched flying coaster would be good (obviously it wouldn't fit at AT with air already in place). Other than that, I think a launched water coaster would be pretty cool. The train could be launched through a splash zone, creating a spray effect like you see on normal coasters that have splash zones (e.g. Shei Kra). I think this would be great on the flume site!  8)
SamSimkin

stealthsmiler wrote:
A water coaster like Oblivion where each row is facing each other. There would be tanks above each seat which fill up and when the ride gets back into the station the tanks empty on the riders. As you go round you have to answer questions.  Every question you get right the tank above the rider opposite you fills up a bit.  If you answer incorrect or don't answer in time yours fills up a bit.
This, is originality.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
Altontowersbarlow

I have been thinking about this design for a while and I believe it could possibly be achieved through the expertise of B&M. I was thinking of how a ride is expected to entertain you in many different ways and immerse you in different experiences. As a result of this I have decided to share this concept with you.
The Worlds First Multi-Coaster Experience
This ride would consist of a new train design but would be modelled on a Winged Coaster along with  B&M Wing-Coaster seats. The difference between this train is it is considerably wider and the seats start off in the middle of the car therefore not hanging off the track. Poles would be attached to the side of the train like on the standard wing rider but would be unused for half of the ride as the car completes the first half as a standard coaster car. Once the car has completed the first half of the ride it would stop in a show building such as Thirteen's, meanwhile motors/pulleys would move the cars to the edge of the poles and lock into place before proceeding for the rest of the ride as a winged coaster. This process would happen in reverse on the break-run before returning back to the station.

Although this seems complicated I feel it could be achieved with the following things in mind:
.Track space ( Make sure the track is spread apart to avoid collisions)
. Throughput( making sure this process does not take too long) I feel this could be achieved in the time scale of Thirteen's show building running time.

I would hope this could be an original Worlds First and would be plausible if given to the right manufacturer such as B&M :)
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamTP

Alton towers first... Non worlds first? :D
stealthsmiler

As I said on another topic, this would be the next world first SW I would install

I really like the coaster in the US that has a Ferris wheel instead of a chain lift. I would use this but also add a flat that hasn't been  used in a hybrid yet, and advertise that as a worlds first (if AT can say worlds first 14 loops then I could use this). The coaster would be themed around an old mill discovered in the dark forest. It would also combine the dark forest and Hex. It would be themed around you going to find the witch who cursed the Earl, you find her in this old mill where she attacks you (the coaster). It starts off with the Ferris wheel which is themed as the mills water wheel. You go round three times quite fast which is her attacking you with magic. You then fly round the forest just missing the trees before stopping  smoothly but quickly. The track would then go up slightly ( as in the reverse of 13's drop )  before swinging back and forth (like the blade). This happens to be above and behind the station and when the swinging stops, you are lowered past the track and in front of the back of the station. You then move forward into the station and the ride ends. It would be built behind thirteen. The Station would be stone built with a thatched roof. It would be a similar height to Thirteen but have a better track layout, with helixs around trees and stuff. As the ferris wheel is themed as a water wheel, the train would go on at the side and the wheel would be half in the ground, like a water wheel.

(If combining the blade has already been done, i'd find another flat to combine.
Rollermad

SamSimkin wrote:
stealthsmiler wrote:
This, is originality.
Not actually i saw this on another thread ;)
My Idea: Reverse Launched 4D Coaster (random spinning)
stealthsmiler

LCFCjames wrote:
I've always thought a launched flying coaster would be good (obviously it wouldn't fit at AT with air already in place).

Couldnt Air be modified? If the chain lift was just an ordinary hill and the corner before was banked. The launch could be installed just after the train leaves the station after its gone over the piece of track that alternates between the stations. Or the launch be installed at the bottom of the hill that the chain lifts on. It would be really fun.

It would be good for a low/medium investment year, and if it hasn't already been done, it means AT can advertise it as another worlds first (two from one coaster)
Danny

It would be brilliant to have a launched flyer, however there is no way they could change air to make her a launched without dramatically changing the rides layout!
LCFCjames

It would be awesome if Air could be modified to be a launched flying coaster! If what we see in the original advert ( could be achieved that would be truly spectacular, especially with the dark tunnel and blue lights. I think it would be near impossible to do with the current track layout though and I can't see AT investing into a changed track layout just to accommodate another world's first, without improving on the ride selection. Still, it wouldn't hurt for them to spend a few thousand and make a dark tunnel, with a few blue lights and sound effects before the lift hill....  8)
Cobby

I do like the idea of a launched flying coaster, and this idea wont work at alton, but themed to space so you start under-ground. You dispatch from the station and move so you are facing vertically upwards ,so now your sitting down,  and theirs a count down and stuff they you launch out the top and shoot over-ground and the ride continues.
Oblivion guy

My idea is a new type of coaster is a Side Rider coaster where the track is tilted onto its side the whole time but the seats are put into a usual position and your feet are dangling. The coaster will be advertised as the worlds first Side Rider Coaster.