The Future of Katanga Canyon...?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Altontowersbarlow

Thank you. I understand these ideas are unrealistic however this is the sort of thing I would like to see. :)
cookiee_munster

Altontowersbarlow wrote: I am unsure if any ideas similar to this have been shared but I have come up with re-theme ideas for the existing rides in Katanga Canyon and also a new ride idea that I would like Alton Towers to create in Katanga Canyon's future. I like Katanga Canyon and I think it works well, but I thought these ideas could work.
These ideas are great. I love the way that all the rides are connected in some way. It's all about storytelling :)
Last edited by cookiee_munster on Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam.W

I think that Katanga needs something else. I'd like to see a flat ride, and possibly a show somewhere. I also think that a kiddie play area with an African theme too, just to make it feel like there's a little more.

Another idea that seems very unlikely:
Since gloomy wood is rather quiet, and there's only duel and the odd shop, you could move duel and all the decorations to the dark forest. Alright, the rest would need the slightest of a retheme, but I think it would work. They could extend Katanga and FV to take the space left.
(Well, one or the other, because they will never come together)
dantheman

^^^ I agree with your idea for a show and a kiddie play area. But im not sure if a flat would fit in very well, but you never know.
Dom

If they spent their time in choosing a flat ride, then they could get a really good addition with relevant themeing. A flat ride would be good for Katanga Canyon. They just need to take care in this area as it is one of the best themed areas of the park. If they were clever and had the space, they could of added another water ride. But as space won't really allow it, this is highly unlikely.
Morgan

I think KC is perfect as it is. Maybe if you put some animutronic animals around...
JustWill

TTheory wrote:I think KC is perfect as it is. Maybe if you put some animutronic animals around...
We don't want a five nights at Alton Towers!!! :lol

Same though, Katanga always has a warm, excited atmosphere.
Oh and dat music tho :D
Morgan

I think KC is my favorite area of the park, and I agree with will about the music
Sr88

I think a sort of crazy hopper flat ride would work so well here if it were themed well. I'd love to see that personally.
Ryan.B

a splash bash themed around the animals and the vibe, maybe with a floor projection and you sit in the dinghys spinning around. could fit in in my opinion.