What did you ride on your first visit?

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
jackf1tz

Aaah, good old 2009. Rmt, Crr, Duel (which I cried all the way through) (I was 5) the flume, and Master blaster in Slash Landings.
Dungeon-X-Smile

I remember my first ride was Air. When I was younger, my parents would always take me to Splash Landings with my cousins, but we never got as far as Alton Towers. I also remember that we would ride the monorail over the park and being utterly spellbound by Air and Nemesis, so much so that even though my family moved to Montreal, I would always be looking up facts and things on Alton Towers, and Air in specific. I'm not really sure why, but this ride caught my attention in ways no other ride had and I just HAD to ride it when we went back to England. And so when I finally got back to Alton Towers, the first ride I rode was Air.
vikkimoo

Re-reading through this thread is making me feel VERY old...
Wolverine0492

I remember going when I was really young. I remember going on a mini rollercoaster, inside playarea( maybe Rugrats themed?), the Rapids and the Haunted House, which scared me.

Then went back when I was 12, went on Corkscrew, came off it and asked if I could have something to eat and my dad was ready to throw up. It was packed that day.

Then I went when I was 16 and did pretty much every ride.
glittabones

My very first ride at Alton Towers was Nemesis. I can still remember the taste of iron in my mouth as all the blood rushed to my head first thing in the morning.  :lol
Robert.W

My first visit was on the 9th October 2014, on a physics school trip! Although it was supposed to be "educational", our teacher just let us (about 10 of us) just wander around doing whatever rides we liked (we didn't again see our teacher untill after lunch time when we accidentally lost two people in our group.. oops! :lol). The educational part of the trip consisted of about a five min conversation about kinetic and potential energy once we had all got back on the mini bus for the [very long] drive home...

The rides I did were Enterprise, Spinball Whizzer, Twirling Toadstool, Sky Ride, Air, Nemesis: Sub Terra and the Runaway Mine Train. In that order more or less. We ate at the CCL Butger Kitchen. The first and last time I'll ever eat in there... :lol

DerpyQuark

My first visit was in 2010, when I was 5
I did
Squirrel Nutty
Riverbank Eye Spy
Doodle Doo Derby
Heave Ho
Old McDonald's Tractor Ride
Frog Hopper
Sharkbait Reef
Gallopers Carousel (I think..)
Battle Gallions 
The Beastie (RIP)
I vaguely remember seeing the windmill in Old McDonald’s Barnyard and getting wet on Battle Gallions (and drying off afterwards.)
The highlight of my day was laughing at Oblivion. (I was a weird 5 year old.)
Last edited by DerpyQuark on Wed May 02, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Swarm Chris

First visit 1994 and I marathoned Beastie. The acceleration kick it gave going upwards midway around I thought was amazing. There was also a Caterpillar rollercoaster that had a wasp problem. Then of course the Mine Train, Haunted House which was simply the scariest thing I'd ever seen, The Rapids and Toy Land Tours, which I remember thinking was no Bubbleworks. Only found out there was an awesome looking log flume when I got home.
scottpowell123

My first visit was in 2003. Pretty sure I went on Hex first then over to The Corkscrew. Oblivion, Nemesis and Air then followed. Good times! 
Nutty Man

My first visit was in, umm...
Anyway, i remember it was a February half term and we only went on Hex, Duel and Mine Train.
That was it.
To be honest I was with my friend George who didn't want to go on the big rides.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Joel Allen

My first visit was in 2011/2012. Either 2012 or both. I remember going on Twirling Toadstool and the Mine Train but I was scared to go on Th13teen.

Sadly I wimped out but in 2013 I had my first ride, I loved it so much and became my favourite ride. (But not anymore) Luckily enough for me, it was Friday 13th and therefore no queue so I went on it 4 times that day. As well as Spinball Whizzer!
Jasbrey97

So I first went in 2008. Feels like a long time ago! I went on,
  • Corkscrew
  • Oblivion
  • Flume Unplugged
  • Hex
  • Rita Queen Of Speed
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Rapids
  • Spinball Whizzer
  • Runaway Mine Train
I do remember Nemesis wasn't working all day. Air was, however constantly kept breaking down. Was 10 at the time and now im 20. Its changed a lot in those 10 years!
Mikw

I remember going when i was a kid and riding the Alpine Bob sleigh thing and the pirate ship a lot.
TheDuke

For me it was the corkscrew followed by air way back when I was only just above the 1.2m limit. They're the whole reason I'm into rollercoasters.
michael.boyd

My first visit to Alton in 2001 and rides I did were:
-Squirrel Nutty Ride
-Toyland Tours (favorite)
-Black Hole
-CRR
-Vintage Cars
-Haunted House
-Riverbank Eye Spy (the original 2D cut-out one).
I couldn't do the big rides though.
Mango18

My first visit was in 2000 on a school trip in year 7

Runaway Mine Train
Rapids
The then Haunted House
Ripsaw
Nemesis
Corkscrew
Energizer
Oblivion
nicky.borrill

What I rode on my first visit

Nemesis

Beastie (to get some photos of Nemesis from the top of that wonderful kiddie cred with my trusty disposable camera  :lol was a great view of Nemmies layout from up there, wonder if anybody else ever took advantage of that ride for photographing Nemmie, before the days of loose article bans )

And finally Nemesis

That was all I had time for, Nemesis was on a 3 to 4 hour queue. The good old days, queing for what seemed like miles through the woods, getting to the station and thinking you’re almost done only to go way beyond it and queue into the woods behind the cutback too, close to where Air’s lift hill was later built. See, this is why I love fast track now, feel like I’ve served my sentence  :lol
Mango18

Haha it’s crazy how it hardly has a queue these days. I remember the first time I rode it and watching it from the old queue line descend from the lift hill with pure fear knowing what I was in for. Even though I do like short queues I do miss hearing the theme tune over and over for a couple of hours. Used to really build the tension!
Smiling.Always

I can't remember what year but first ride was the Corkscrew all I remember it as very painful on my head! I loved the Ug Swinger's, miss the Flume and the Blade though :(
Don't Look Down..... Smile.Always!
Finally got a Premium Merlin Pass!! :D
KaiPhillips

2006ish...all i remember was riding charlie and being traumatised by the ompa Loompas.
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA