Marketing Campaigns

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
sam_ph777

Hey guys,
My first visit to Alton was only in 2006, but I haven't really become enthusiastic until 2010, so I feel I have missed out on many great marketing campaigns. The advertising and stuff like that are the things that really excite me so would anyone be able to explain the marketing campaigns for some of Towers' best rides (especially Oblivion- I hear it was amazing, and Nemesis).
bensaund

A good example of how they try to market products in house, but fail badly is:

Queue line TVs don't always work, they can be advertising things around the park
The monorail stations, most TVs don't work or are faulty

What they do well:
Skyride audio
Monorail audio
The monorail TVs which have been upgraded work well

All these are not that expensive to fix and much cheaper than a national paper add or TV add
If you go down to the woods today
Ripsaw Raver

I remember the Oblivion stuff on the back of the Kellogg's Corn Flakes boxes and i think it was 2004 or 5 i remember there being a huge promo on Fanta Fruit Twist and the berry one. They had wheely bins full and at the end of the day by dad parked next to the ones at the monorail station and we filled the boot. That berry one always makes me think of Nemesis, i sat drinking it in the summer breeze watching nemmie trains slip through the trees and disappear with a roar and barrage of screams.. aah the days of magic eh
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123