General Website Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Marcus

If possible better or updated simulators. I do like to pretend to be a Nemmy and Air ride operator when im bored  :D
MatthewR1990

Can TT V.3 have lights and ray guns, and can you also put a donk on it?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Phild94

I would really like all the old.towerstimes stuff an update... would love to see all this with much more up to date info on

Or if not just to finally change SW7 to "The Smiler" on the X-sector page XD

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Jevaaaans

Hi guys :) Just wondering if there's any more news on the development of TTv3 or if there's any posts that need filled?
Sam198

It's coming. ;)

Sorry to be vague, but we don't really want to release a launch date, or even a general estimate, for fear of becoming pressured into launching the site before it's completely ready. We want it to be the best it can possibly be!

I will say, however, that it's looking great, and will certainly be worth the wait. 8)
Jevaaaans

Sam198 wrote: It's coming. ;)

Sorry to be vague, but we don't really want to release a launch date, or even a general estimate, for fear of becoming pressured into launching the site before it's completely ready. We want it to be the best it can possibly be!

I will say, however, that it's looking great, and will certainly be worth the wait. 8)
Rightly so to be vague, I'm just glad it's coming along well :) Can't wait to see how the final product is going to turn out :D
haydn!

Drop the drop shadows. It's all about flatter design, with subtle textures today.  8)
Phild94

With regards to that bottom image....... has Boz finished his Towers recreation :D will we be able to explore it and go on the rides without going :D......maybe i'm being a little too hopeful XD

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
Adz
Admin
Admin

Boz' recreation is a separate project to his TowersTimes role.

That's not to say however, that elements of his work wont feature within the design of the site.
MC4

With TT v3.0 could we possibly have an easier way of putting images into our forum posts. Its just i dont know how to, people have said stuff along the lines of photobucket and other sites like that, i mean i find it a bit messy because my first language is definitely not computing and it would be nice on people like me if there was a simpler way  :D i completly understand if this isnt possible but i was just wondering.
Danny

It's incredibly easy to add images to forum posts once you learn how to [I remember once upon a time when adding images to a forum post was a baffling task for myself :P] The code to add images ( [.img]-image link goes here-[./img] ) is used on a massive variety of forum systems, although I'm sure we can throw together a guide on how to add them and include it on v3.
MC4

Danny wrote: It's incredibly easy to add images to forum posts once you learn how to [I remember once upon a time when adding images to a forum post was a baffling task for myself :P] The code to add images ( [.img]-image link goes here-[./img] ) is used on a massive variety of forum systems, although I'm sure we can throw together a guide on how to add them and include it on v3.
Oh yeah like a Guide like TowersTimes for Dummies :) that would be extremely helpful, because eventhough i've been on here a since around christmas im still baffled by some of the stuff :D it would also be a hand for the moderators because you wouldn't be answering really small questions
truckaddict

Release date yet?

Bi and proud
Sam198

We'll be sure to let ya know when we're ready to announce one. ;)
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I'm not sure if this is possible but I would like it to be easier to post pictures on the site, as I struggle with the current method :D ohh and maybe a way to post videos thanks :D

And by site editor what does that mean? I get there is an age limit but Aha I would love to do it as I love Alton Towers far to much and this site is the best by far! ( I'm a little kiss ass I know ;-) ) I'm know my stuff about coasters not so much on the operating side ( I know a bit ) but I'm very sad as I can tell which company made a coaster by looking at the track aha as I bet many other people can on her to :D I have create a couple of websites my self never went live as they were done in school but I have done everything buy  :roll: ( I making one at the moment based around the smiler as the technicians at my school said they may be able to make it to live )
Anyway I always right to much....
Have a good day :D
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
MC4

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: I'm not sure if this is possible but I would like it to be easier to post pictures on the site, as I struggle with the current method :D ohh and maybe a way to post videos thanks :D

And by site editor what does that mean? I get there is an age limit but Aha I would love to do it as I love Alton Towers far to much and this site is the best by far! ( I'm a little kiss ass I know ;-) ) I'm know my stuff about coasters not so much on the operating side ( I know a bit ) but I'm very sad as I can tell which company made a coaster by looking at the track aha as I bet many other people can on her to :D I have create a couple of websites my self never went live as they were done in school but I have done everything buy  :roll: ( I making one at the moment based around the smiler as the technicians at my school said they may be able to make it to live )
Anyway I always right to much....
Have a good day :D

I have already suggested the bit about an essier way to post pictures
MatthewR1990

Is there not a way to move the "thanks" button to the bottom of a post. Especially with the big posts of pictures that people like Roodles and even Adz posts, you get to the end and have to scroll all the way back up to say thank you lmao. Just seems counter intuitive. It's seems like a small thing. But many small things make a big difference :)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
Kirsty25

MatthewR1990 wrote: Is there not a way to move the "thanks" button to the bottom of a post. Especially with the big posts of pictures that people like Roodles and even Adz posts, you get to the end and have to scroll all the way back up to say thank you lmao. Just seems counter intuitive. It's seems like a small thing. But many small things make a big difference :)
I thank Jay & Roodles pic posts before I look at them to save having to do that :|
Alex.D

Many moons ago...the thanks button used to live at the bottom of a post, along with a quote button if I remember correctly. Also could you make the forum page wider, not a skinny old one because it looks cramped. Or is that just me?
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97