General Website Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
haydn!

Yes. The current positioning of the Thanks and Quote buttons is pretty bad UI. Content and controls should appear in the order the user will use them/need them. Who thanks or quotes something they've not read yet?  :roll:
Adz
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately those are the default forum template locations...

We are of course redesigning the forum itself to fit in with V3 so it's likely those things will be corrected along with many other changes.
Owen

I would like the new site to be just as interactive for iPad as it is for PC, like Adz knows what I've been nagging him about sims  :roll: , but if it is going to have moving bits maybe could you let them move on iPad as well
All I'm saying is could you make the experience just as 'magical' for us ipadders  [-o<

Also can you make the PM feature ALOT cleaner maybe something like FB chat heads
Last edited by Owen on Wed May 08, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Adz wrote: Unfortunately those are the default forum template locations...

We are of course redesigning the forum itself to fit in with V3 so it's likely those things will be corrected along with many other changes.
You do know via code you can move these virtually anywhere you want.....
Adz
Admin
Admin

Of course. As I said in the same post. We are redesigning the forum so it's likely we'll be fixing it with that. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This seems like the best place for the following; I'm just wondering whether it is possible to be able to update the forums so that you will be able to embed videos into a post, rather than have to link to them and then navigate off site. It would really just increase convenience, but possibly draw more attention to that post so that people don't miss the video.
Adz
Admin
Admin

lewis97 wrote: This seems like the best place for the following; I'm just wondering whether it is possible to be able to update the forums so that you will be able to embed videos into a post, rather than have to link to them and then navigate off site. It would really just increase convenience, but possibly draw more attention to that post so that people don't miss the video.
I will look into this for you. One of the many reasons we've not implemented such a feature in the past is severe security concerns with the plugins available to make this happen, as I'm sure you can appreciate with a forum as busy as this the security of it is one of our primary concerns. Another reason is as mobile browsing is more popular than ever and many have limited data usage available, a lot of the embedded video can 'preload' and use up a lot of bandwidth even without watching.

However, all that aside, if I can find something suitable then I will look at adding it to TTF.
Dr.Kelham

I know we already have a section on here for recreation discussion but maybe we could have part of the site where by we can put our creations up for download be it a track, scenery, buildings or even a park?
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Wes

We're looking to expand our media section with the new site - it's a possibility if it has enough demand.
Alex

Avea Media is the one I have installed on mine Adz has over 200 different compatible formats
Katherine

I think a multi-quote option something similar to this is needed, so people don't have to quote one person, then quote another then modify their most recent post. It would make things a lot easier for moderators merging posts as well if people can quote more than one person at once.

The screenshot was taken from another forum but I think it'd be useful.
Kirsty25

Kathy wrote: Image
I think a multi-quote option something similar to this is needed, so people don't have to quote one person, then quote another then modify their most recent post. It would make things a lot easier for moderators merging posts as well if people can quote more than one person at once.

I do like multiquote options :-P
lewis97
Admin
Admin

But you can quote multiple posts in your post already, if I'm understanding you correctly... like below:

Kirsty25 wrote:

I do like multiquote options :-P
Owen

MAKE THE 'jump to' BUTTON WORK!
Sam198

That should be working...

With regards to forum software related queries, we're going to be seeing some significant changes in this department - so any current issues are more than likely to be resolved. :)
Maseyg123

Dunno if this has been said before but with v3.0 would it be possible to get notifications on the forum site when we are quoted or if someone thanks a post? :)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
Alex.D

Like on TS or facebook? A little notifications button in the corner?
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Adz
Admin
Admin

We will be launching a completely new version of the forum software to coincide with TowersTimes V3, and I'm happy to say most of the features you've mentioned are a built in part of the software!
Owen

Possibly a instant SB that you can slide open at any page
Maseyg123

Alex.D wrote: Like on TS or facebook? A little notifications button in the corner?
Yes! :D
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...