General Website Discussion

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Fish777

someone might've said this but we need better emoticons. how the hell is this 'lol'?  :lol:
Senator

Any date yet?

Thanks NickiFan
pday2387

Senator wrote: Any date yet?
It'll be launched when there ready so no specific date we proberbly be not given I assume.
Rob
Admin
Admin

It's work in progress so no official date yet.
A

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but I would like an 'unthank' feature as I have accidentally pressed thanks in a few embarrassing situations in which I had no intention of doing so.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Lee

A wrote: Don't know if this has been mentioned already but I would like an 'unthank' feature as I have accidentally pressed thanks in a few embarrassing situations in which I had no intention of doing so.
Whilst not ideal, if you get in touch with a moderator, we can unlike it for you :)
Chris
Admin
Admin

Today you will notice that we have finally launched the start of the new website - see:

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk

The project has taken much longer than ever anticipated due to various delays such as team changes etc.

Regardless, we hope you all like it, and this will be the start of the redesigned site which will come in phases over the next couple of months.

Thanks for your continued support.
Tom.B

Well V3 is looking superb! It's a lot brighter, bigger and better than I thought it would be. (Unlike the current dark blue.) The animated news links/pictures are fantastic, and interactive, rather than just a boring ol' link. I'm pleased to see that there's now a Meet-Ups and Events page, as well as an updated The Smiler page. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the completed site (not to mention V3 forum), and am sure that the TT team will do a fabulous job!
Jack

Looking very good :D
Alex

I have to say that I am very impressed with the homepage which has left me looking forward to seeing the other pages as well as the new forum.

Well done to all the team who helped put V3 together!
Altontowersbarlow

This is looking fantastic and I am proud to be part of such a brilliant forum. Well done to all of the team! :)
Burniel

Congratulations, what can I say, we have a brilliant team!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

I think it looks amazing and i think everything will look amazing when its all done. one very very small thing i dont like atm, (yes i know its only a temp thing) is Amy Childs. you could say she isn't my type. but overall it all looks bloody amazing
Kirsty25

Thanks guys, I know the feedback is brilliant...

Dom I'm not happy about Amy Childs either but we can't find any hunks advertising Towers :(
Dom

Kirsty25 wrote: Thanks guys, I know the feedback is brilliant...

Dom I'm not happy about Amy Childs either but we can't find any hunks advertising Towers :(
thats a shame. :(  :lol:
Martin

I do like the new v3 home page,and i am excited to see the improvments.
I think the colours and features are really eye catching and vibrant.
I am very much looking forward to seeing the whole revamp completed.
Having said all that,there is one thing that is bugging me.
The scrolling boxes, on the latest news section.
It may be the lack of news available at the moment. But i find it very distracting because they are constantly moving.
In my opinion and thats all it is. Maybe it should be like the top part where it scrolls from one thing to another. And not too many boxes constantly changing from one thing to another.
Sorry for the gripe. But that is my honest opinion.
Other than that like i said its GREAT!
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Pizzazz wrote: I think it looks amazing and i think everything will look amazing when its all done. one very very small thing i dont like atm, (yes i know its only a temp thing) is Amy Childs. you could say she isn't my type. but overall it all looks bloody amazing
You can blame Amy Child's on me but seeming as I designed I had the final say :)
Martin wrote: I do like the new v3 home page,and i am excited to see the improvments.
I think the colours and features are really eye catching and vibrant.
I am very much looking forward to seeing the whole revamp completed.
Having said all that,there is one thing that is bugging me.
The scrolling boxes, on the latest news section.
It may be the lack of news available at the moment. But i find it very distracting because they are constantly moving.
In my opinion and thats all it is. Maybe it should be like the top part where it scrolls from one thing to another. And not too many boxes constantly changing from one thing to another.
Sorry for the gripe. But that is my honest opinion.
Other than that like i said its GREAT!
I wanted something different for the news section but will take a look and slow it down a tad.

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming.
bensaund

The front page looks nice and fresh and this is what we need.

But for me the main things are functionality and content.

-Forum - This works very well for me, the only things that need improving at the text editor to allow bullet points and numbered points and I can never work out the code and to be honest you shouldn't need to know programming to put in a comment

-Front page is a huge improvement and looks professional, I think Kirsty needs to look harder to get some nice hunks on the front page, can I suggest topless lads getting wet on the Flume?  :D

-Content - for me no matter how good the site looks and no matter how much work goes on in the background on the server/infrastructure and code, the content will really be the main thing, I clicked on a few links and there were some items which were out of date. I know you will get these updated at some point

But this is a big improvement and I do appreciate how much work must have gone into this and we all know you are not paid to do this either.
If you go down to the woods today
Martin

Hi all it's me again.
I have been sat looking at the new home page and have come up with a couple of things.
The banner at the top. It's not working for me.
I think you should change this for the picture that you have on the second banner below that says TT welcome to the all new TowersTimes and has the clouds moving in on it.
The TT on the top banner with the new for 2014 CBeebies background just doesn't work for me.
It just doesn't shout "Welcome come in and have a look" but the other one described above does.
Switch them round and see what you think.
Also the main banner picture could be added to the second banner anyway if you swapped the 2 around.
And even though you have slowed down the scrolling 6 boxes on latest news, I still don't get them. Most of them have the same thing or similar. Mostly about CBeebies Land. Please tell me if this is just because of the lack of news at the moment because I just don't get them.
As most of you know by now, I am a massive fan of this site. So I hope you don't mind my criticism. Im just trying to help and be constructive.
And like I have said already "this is just my opinion"
Thanks
Last edited by Martin on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Kirsty25

The content is on it's way, I can assure you of that personally! It's just a pretty big job!