2013 Scarefest

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

which scaremaze had the longest queue times

zombies scarezone
No votes
the sanctuary
8%
terror of the towers
17%
the carnival of screams
67%
none( refer to below)
8%

Total votes: 12
Kirsty25

Geo9292 wrote: Hey so I'm going to fright night at Thorpe park this year but I've never been to scarefest. Wondering if anyone has been to both and knows which one is better?
Given the option this year, I would go to Thorpe Park (if I hadn't already arranged to do Scarefest). I think asking anyone to compare the two, when this year Lionsgate are involved in the scary stuff at Thorpe is unfair as this company does HHN in Universal too...
beanz32101 wrote: Hi everyone. Im going on oct22nd this year as i like to go during the first week when the park is alot quieter but now it seems like it may be busy as isnt it half term that week? If it is would it still be better to go then or should we go the following week? Thanks for your input everyone.
mike
I would say the first week will naturally be quieter than half term, purely because families will go during half term rather than pull their child out of school to attend. That said, a fair few enthusiasts will probably go the first week to avoid the bigger crowds.

I would guess both will be busy but the second week will be busier than the first.
ST-Chris

does anyone know if the first weekend of scarefest will be busy?

ive ordered 2 x platinum fastracks for me and the misses... just wondering if there gonna be put to the use haha
tharrison4815

Geo9292 wrote: Hey so I'm going to fright night at Thorpe park this year but I've never been to scarefest. Wondering if anyone has been to both and knows which one is better?
I went to both last year and I'm going to both this year. I wouldn't call either one better. It depends on what you prefer. Both have their merits.

Alton Towers has more of that magic feeling and is more family friendly and the atmosphere makes you feel happy but still has its decent adult scare attractions.

Thorpe Park is much more of the hard core experience and focussed on the scare attractions and more adult orientated.
Jamie

Personally I prefer Fright Nights (as an event, I prefer Alton Towers overall as a park) because they put more effort in.  This year FN will probably be better as they have got quite a few new horror mazes, whereas Towers's are the same as last year.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
Ripsaw Raver

all i can say in relation to SF vs FN we have The Sanctuary!
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Chaz

Usually Scarefest, by far.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
LevSusenka

The easy answer is neither week are quiet they are both busy but the second week in half term is VERY busy. Unfortunately not all schools in all areas are off teh same times so there is always some kids there and often colleges too.

But for those trying to make up their mind here a comparison. I went 2 times both weeks last year and the first week the terror of the towers queue was about 35 mins give or take (depending on if it was light outside or not) and in the second week it was well over 1 and a half hours.
The first week if you make good use of your time you will get to go on everything at least once. The second week you need to pick and choose well because you probably wont get on everything.

Having said that even on the second week once its starts to get dark a lot of families with younger kids leave and you can get on a bit more stuff.
Ripsaw Raver

Im going on the 22nd saying over from Oblivion well down the hill lol from monday to wenesday, We may go in monday evening but im not sure yet, I want to get extreme sanc tickets so im gona have to play this carefully, But heres the thing what sort of ride plan would be best for someone without ERT, Im thinkingDuel Nemesis-Air-Ripsaw-SubTerra- Head over to DF Th13teen and Rita, do Hex then by then it should be about 1pm so go info Sanc or TOTT, Upon exiting head over to COS and then to X-Sector do Blivvy
then head back for some more scare maze fun maybe get some food, Thinking should be about 4/5pm by now so Head back for another run on Sanc, Over to Nemesis for a darker ride and then back to Smiler for a NightRide and with anyluck get ready for Extreme Sanctuary. How would people re arrange this.

When i went in march Sanc was fairly short queue first time however on my second go there was one bloke doing the Batching and the breifing for both groups which really slowed it down, I hope they sort this out as im sure with one Batching 2 doing breifing and maybe ways of holding people in scenes, the capacity could be rather good

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Lee

There is no ERT for anyone during Scarefest.
tworandom

I seen on there website that this year hotel guests get fastracks on the ert line up until 11 :)
Count-Vonduel

Ripsaw Raver wrote: Im going on the 22nd saying over from Oblivion well down the hill lol from monday to wenesday, We may go in monday evening but im not sure yet, I want to get extreme sanc tickets so im gona have to play this carefully, But heres the thing what sort of ride plan would be best for someone without ERT, Im thinkingDuel Nemesis-Air-Ripsaw-SubTerra- Head over to DF Th13teen and Rita, do Hex then by then it should be about 1pm so go info Sanc or TOTT, Upon exiting head over to COS and then to X-Sector do Blivvy
then head back for some more scare maze fun maybe get some food, Thinking should be about 4/5pm by now so Head back for another run on Sanc, Over to Nemesis for a darker ride and then back to Smiler for a NightRide and with anyluck get ready for Extreme Sanctuary. How would people re arrange this.

When i went in march Sanc was fairly short queue first time however on my second go there was one bloke doing the Batching and the breifing for both groups which really slowed it down, I hope they sort this out as im sure with one Batching 2 doing breifing and maybe ways of holding people in scenes, the capacity could be rather good
Don't try and plan it like that it will just stress you out, make you feel rushed and possibly even hurt the amount of fun you could have.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Lotty

I've seen that you get fast tracks for alot of rides during scarefest, if your a hotel guest, as i've been staying at the hotel for the past 4 years, i'm 2 minds as to whether this is good. As you can only use them up until 11am which is the equivalent to early ride time but with a bigger selection of rides, where as in previous years you got fast track for about 4 rides to use when you liked during the day. but those 4 rides included 3 that never get queues. So i know your not losing out. but i dunno just seems nicer for guests to be able to use them when they like rather than for a hour when the queues are usually minor anyway. 

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
Shutterbug

Here it is:

From October 19th - November 10th there is no Early Ride Time, instead, Hotel Guests can use Fastrack on the following rides between 10am-11am:
Oblivion, Nemesis, Air, Rita, TH13TEEN, Nemesis Sub-Terra
Runaway Mine Train, Hex, Duel, Submission, Enterprise
Battle Galleons, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Altontowersbarlow

Image  It would be great if they lit the Smiler up like this for scarefest although it is very unlikely :)
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lottie.

^ Now that would be amazing! :D

But unfortunately I doubt Towers would do something like that! :(
Altontowersbarlow

Lottie. wrote: ^ Now that would be amazing! :D

But unfortunately I doubt Towers would do something like that! :(
Well it is the Smiler but they did it as part of the introduction of the ride before it opened, so they could but I think it would be too expensive :)
ThrillJunkie

Quick question. Are there any BOGOF offers valid during Scarefest or is the cheapest option to book online?

Would love to visit this year as I haven't been to Scarefest for a good few years.
ThrillJunkieUK
Ladyofthelake

ThrillJunkie wrote: Quick question. Are there any BOGOF offers valid during Scarefest or is the cheapest option to book online?

Would love to visit this year as I haven't been to Scarefest for a good few years.
BOGOF are valid during Scarefest for park entry. You would all have to pay the additional cost for the mazes though.

Hope that helps :)
Ripsaw Raver

Im debating whether to get my freedom ticket for scaremazes, whats like likleyhood of getting 2 runs on all 4 scare areas with getting rides in aswell going tues22nd

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
KoasterKraver

They could possibly add lighting within the smiler indoor section
http://i42.tinypic.com/b63vcm.png