Developments afoot down on the Farm

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Captain Chimp

Was at AT yesterday, and while in Old MacDonald's Farm, we were stood next to a group of gents (all in AT fleeces) discussing the area where the furry critters are housed.  The part of the conversation we heard was that they were looking to extend the current building out to the end of the canopy for "a shop and restaurant".  It also sounded like they were finalising their decision.

Having a 4 year old in tow, we're often down that way, so I'm hoping these developments will just be a better use of the current space and general improvements to the farm area (which I really like).  Definitely worth keeping an eye on though.
ImURNemesis

Sounds interesting.

However, If there was a more reliable sorce you could give us, I would take it more seriously.
LPAJ13

It is more than possible this is true. If you take a look at the 10 year plan, the farm is part of the "Retheming and regeneration/opportunity area". This could be phase 1 of the redevelopment. I would still hold fire on saying this is fact. Nice overhearing chimp.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Captain Chimp

ImURNemesis wrote: Sounds interesting.

However, If there was a more reliable sorce you could give us, I would take it more seriously.
I'm afraid not. I'm just a regular punter reporting back on what I saw; I was hoping that one of you more knowledgable types would know more. Thoughtbit was signifcant enough to talk about. Regretting not being cheeky and just asking them. :D Sorry!

But yeah, of course until we get anything official, it's just speculation - I hope it does happen though, or I'm gonna look like a bit of a dick!  :)
haydn!

The farm and adventure land areas are certainly one of the management teams top five areas to work develop. Plans were very much in place for something to happen for the 2011 season but they fell through at the last minute, hence 2011 being a very disappointing year.

It's possible we may see improvements to the retail/catering in the Farm next year, then a new attraction in 2014.
Themeparksandy1981

I would love to see a Cbeebies land built on the farm area,story book land and adventure land.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/ as my child is only 4 months old not sure what stars they can have the rides of but just look how big Thomasland is at Drayton Manor with plans to make it bigger.
MattsDesigns

are we sure its not just a rabbit pen or something?
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
ImURNemesis

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I would love to see a Cbeebies land built on the farm area,story book land and adventure land.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/ as my child is only 4 months old not sure what stars they can have the rides of but just look how big Thomasland is at Drayton Manor with plans to make it bigger.
Are you joking?  :x
Captain Chimp

ImURNemesis wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I would love to see a Cbeebies land built on the farm area,story book land and adventure land.

Are you joking?  :x
I think Cbeebies would probably be too costly, as you're not just dealing with the BBC, but the production companies that make each programme.  However, having an area to rival Thomas Land would be great - although I prefer AT, I think Thomas Land is better for the nipper - more rides in close proximity with some of the best and most cohesive theming I've seen personally.  It's got a really nice vibe about it.
Themeparksandy1981

Well I said Cbeebies as I don't know what the young kids watch nowadays but Just look how IP'S at Drayton Manor with Cartoon Network and Thomasland. At Blackpool nickelodeon Land and Pegga Big at Paultons. With Wallace and Gromit ride opening at Blackpool next year.
I'm sorry but you look at the rides at theses parks and see the poor rides the farm has to offer I know I be taking my girl to Drayton Manor as they have more rides on offer for kids under the height of 1.2
Captain Chimp

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: Well I said Cbeebies as I don't know what the young kids watch nowadays but Just look how IP'S at Drayton Manor with Cartoon Network and Thomasland. At Blackpool nickelodeon Land and Pegga Big at Paultons. With Wallace and Gromit ride opening at Blackpool next year.
I'm sorry but you look at the rides at theses parks and see the poor rides the farm has to offer I know I be taking my girl to Drayton Manor as they have more rides on offer for kids under the height of 1.2
Nah, that's fair enough.  I do agree about the farm and particularly the quality of Thomas Land (as you'll see from my post), I just wonder whether CBeebies would be a bit unwieldy as an IP.  Whether or not it has an IP attached, AT could do with certainly refreshing what they have in and around the farm.
ImURNemesis

The park could do with offering more under 1.2m rides, but I will strongly apposse anykind of new IP to AT. We already have Sonic Spinball, Charile and Ice Age 4D. Do we really need anymore?

Old MacDonald's Farm is a pretty well themed area and has the old magic appeal of the 90's AT with a decent amout of rides for the kids. Theres no reason why it has to go and having a "Cbeebies land" replacing the farm and/or storybookland would be an insult to the park.

And why does everything have to have an IP these days? Whats wrong with using your own imagination to create a well themed and yet amazing set of rides. Look towards the parks classics!
oliviamae

I agree, I like the farmyard theming. Another IP wouldn't work as well as it would be too generational, and wouldn't be quite so timeless