Alternate/New backstorys for rides at Alton Towers

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Oblivion115

Well in the lost backstorys i wrote my own backstory to air and then somebody wrote that thier should be a topic for them so i am creating it now!

If anyone is interested her is my backstory for air if you havnt already seen it..

This is my backstory i said i was going to write it sorry i am kinda late i hope you guys like it! I also based around nemesis and i litterely came up with all this on my own......So without further ado.....

The Air Backsory

Air may look like a machine but is actually another alien sent by the gods to help humanity and rid the nemesis alien away from earth. The little survivors that nemesis had left in this barron, post apocolyptic wastland that is earth was given a ray of hope as around air a oasis was formed right next to the wasteland caused by the nemesis creature. the alien instead of trying to capture the survivors it trys to use its tentacles for the greater good and trys to make them fly away to another more peaceful part of earth. The alien came in peace in 2002 as all the people at first thought it was another alien to help the nemesis but they stopped when they realised the alien comes in peace....they named it....air after the gods that sent it from the heavens.

Air then began to work with the humans it tried to help it also gave other gifts.....The little survivors that nemesis had left in this barron, post apocolyptic wastland that is earth was given a ray of hope as around air a oasis was formed right next to the wasteland caused by the nemesis creature. Air, instead of trying to capture the survivors it trys to use its tentacles for the greater good and trys to make them fly away to another more peaceful part of earth.

And now the war begins between good and evil.....
Peace and war....
Water and fire...
Air and Nemesis....

Prepare for air....
Our saviour.....

So basically we create/tweak the alton towers rides so they have backstorys so now lets see your ideas! :D

Thanks lewis97 for the signature!
Interesting fact: I play bass :P
Ripsaw Raver

Heres one for Submission.

At the far end of X-Sector you will find a machine, a machine designed with one purpose.. to make you Submit, Submit to what exactly... The totalitarian Regime that is The Ministry Of Joy. Those that fail to conform can face many fates!
A trip to the Sanctuary, A sentence of Intimidation and fear being forced to slowy rise in the sky and then drop into eternal darkness.. Be placed in the Enterprise Program where the mind with be spun without mercy till one can no longer think bad thoughts...Or maybe be designated to Submission where the convicted will be twisted dipped and turned just to tease before being suspended,Inverted Tortured what ever you called it upside down do the blood rushes to the head and the mind begins to blank forcing the convicted to agree to CONFORM to the Ministry Of Joy..

However if these current methods of treatment are not so successful, do not be sad, The Ministry Of Joy has a new project for 2013 where total Marmalisation  or your body and mind are but a few minutes away. We promise that you will leave in a very much altered and corrected state.

Ok so it kind of turned into a X-Sector MOJ thing but not bad for 15minutes thought
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
SuperWill

Oblivion115 wrote: Well in the lost backstorys i wrote my own backstory to air and then somebody wrote that thier should be a topic for them so i am creating it now!

If anyone is interested her is my backstory for air if you havnt already seen it..

This is my backstory i said i was going to write it sorry i am kinda late i hope you guys like it! I also based around nemesis and i litterely came up with all this on my own......So without further ado.....

The Air Backsory

Air may look like a machine but is actually another alien sent by the gods to help humanity and rid the nemesis alien away from earth. The little survivors that nemesis had left in this barron, post apocolyptic wastland that is earth was given a ray of hope as around air a oasis was formed right next to the wasteland caused by the nemesis creature. the alien instead of trying to capture the survivors it trys to use its tentacles for the greater good and trys to make them fly away to another more peaceful part of earth. The alien came in peace in 2002 as all the people at first thought it was another alien to help the nemesis but they stopped when they realised the alien comes in peace....they named it....air after the gods that sent it from the heavens.

Air then began to work with the humans it tried to help it also gave other gifts.....The little survivors that nemesis had left in this barron, post apocolyptic wastland that is earth was given a ray of hope as around air a oasis was formed right next to the wasteland caused by the nemesis creature. Air, instead of trying to capture the survivors it trys to use its tentacles for the greater good and trys to make them fly away to another more peaceful part of earth.

And now the war begins between good and evil.....
Peace and war....
Water and fire...
Air and Nemesis....

Prepare for air....
Our saviour.....

So basically we create/tweak the alton towers rides so they have backstorys so now lets see your ideas! :D
That would be an awesome backstory for Air! I really like your idea about an Air backstory! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
leammiles

My idea for the dark forest...

Thirteen has taken over Ug Land and encompased all of the rides, attractions and buildings in tree roots, trapping them there for eternity.

Before too long the dark forces and the wraiths will become more powerful and their plan is to trap the guests there too!

If only there were some form of escape, maybe something fast to get everyone to safety away from the evil clutches of the dark forest.

Rename Rita to ''Escape'' and put a tunnel over the Launch part of the ride, including the station (so you can't see the countdown lights).

In order to make ''Escape'' work, all they would need to do is make it so as you exit the ride, you leave the dark forest.  Easily done, just make the exit route a path around the back of galloping gargoyles, they could easily make a small building out of galloping gargoyles to turn into a shop/photo viewing gallery that you are forced to walk through before you leave.
Oblivion115

So glad to see that this topic is kicking off so well :) i love all the ideas put forth!

KEEP EM COMIN!!! 8)

George B

Here's mine for the blade.

The nemesis monster is winnning. The phalanx is losing hope. Their next weapon is to fire a giant blade at the monster. Nemesis becomes aware of this and picks up the balde and throws it high into the sky before it comes swinging down. Now, the monster is torturing the victims by suspending the on the blade at knife point.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
SuperWill

It might not be a good one but this one is for The Runaway Mine Train :
There have been reports that the Runaway Mine Train is getting dangerous and people keep falling off because of it's name 'Runaway' in the last 20 years people have never survived this experience and the train is usually empty at the end but will you survive this experience? Can you survive The Runaway Mine Train?
Like? I know you guys will probably say it's crap…

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
scw55

Enterprise is a monument built by the Ministry of Joy to summarise their beliefs.
Treating those in a vicious vortex in till they are corrected.
MattsDesigns

I thought it might be cool to make one for the Monorail cause there's not much to work with.

The Monorail train is an incredibly realistic touchable hologram.
Why is it there?: No clue bud
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
oliviamae

I had an idea for a reimagined Hex, sort of Alice in Wonderland-esque. It wouldn't be 'frightening', rather something sweet for younger children.

The story would suggest that two young children were playing on Towers Street (similar to the Sub Terra advert), and decided to go and investigate the Towers. As they were walking through the gardens, they found a 'secret entrance' and within it magical creatures. This would turn out to be a 'magical' entrance. The legend would explain how they met fairies, talking animals (like Snow White), and friendly mini gnomes, etc. These creatures showed them to the 'portal' to leave their magical universe and return to their normal lives as non-magic folk could not survive in their world.

You would queue outside, where videos would explain the story and invite you on the journey, and as you entered the building where the queue line is now, it would be a beautiful, magical walkthrough. There would be anamatronic fairies, amazing lights and projections etc - just a really fairytale-esque setting. It would also include theatrical effects, such as the pre-ride room in Hex now. There would be a story to listen to, so as to not make it short. It would be fleshed out and this would be an immersive experience. Perhaps some live actors could help.

As you go into the room where the video is now, you would see a film explaining that as humans, you could not be in this 'land' and you had to exit through the 'portal'. The film room would also be heavily themed, like the first.
You would go into the next room, which would again be beautiful, but there would be dried, dying, brown flowers etc, due to the contamination of the human presence. The importance of your exit would be emphasized.

You would then enter the chamber where the chained oak is now, and this would be your journey back into your own world. There would be coloured lights, whispered voices, mist, etc. As you 'spin', you would see distorted images of the world you were leaving, as if you were travelling through time or something like that. You'd then exit as normal, into the gardens and out back to the park.
Tom.B

SuperWill wrote: It might not be a good one but this one is for The Runaway Mine Train :
There have been reports that the Runaway Mine Train is getting dangerous and people keep falling off because of it's name 'Runaway' in the last 20 years people have never survived this experience and the train is usually empty at the end but will you survive this experience? Can you survive The Runaway Mine Train?
Like? I know you guys will probably say it's crap…
Well it's not cr@p, but it's not very good! tbh, i do't think RMT really needs a backstory
Ripsaw Raver

Ok heres mine for RMT... Kantanga Canyon once the stage of a great event. A diamond found in a cave that ran past a  violent river. Many new of its location but due to river that passed by it was inaccessable. However some say the reason was that a Voodoo Witch Doctor of the Canyon threatened to use his black magic on all who went in search of the diamond. Years went by and the diamond lay untouched. A small company built a railway track straight to the forsaken cave and removed the diamond from its location.
The witch doctor awoke from his grotto in the cave and placed a spell of magic on the Train used in the discovery and left a message on a wooden box.

"You was warned but you were blinded by greed, for this a spell i cast you, a spell of uncontrollable speed. Those who wish to repeat the past, the train you ride will be lightning fast. You train will runaway through mines and cave.For your simple ride shall have no restrain!"

Some say that this is pure village fokelaw. but others believe this was the reason the train still runs with an unseen power and that many areas lay unfinished and damaged.and some even say you can hear the faint ring of the expedition bell signaling the dispatch of another run.

However if you believe this is purely myth we ask you to find the path the old boarding station and retrace the past and see if you survive the treacherous adventure ahead.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
theparklifekid

Here is my one for DUEL. (yes i know there already is one..)
At the haunted house nobody goes inside. but a small child kicks his football into the house attic and goes inside to search for it. he finds his football but then a zombie appears and bites him. a few days later his family and friends go inside to search for him and one by one, they get bitten. and all the monsters in the house welcome them as one of them.
so the military have given you a laser gun to stop them once and for all.
Prepare to duel!!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
J2750

here's one for ripsaw

nemesis might have finally been taken under control, now phalanx want to torture the creature to find out where it come from, unfortunately it failed and the machine was turned on the people who dare torture it.
Oblivion115

Hey guys im finally back! I just read these storys and i love them all!! :)

Dom

heres one for rita

she was once the goddess of speed. she lived a fast paced life. she lived in harmony with the cave men of ugland. accelerating them from place to place.she was happy until the curse of the dark forest swam over her. the giant wave of evil paralyzing her and the wraths tying her down with vines. the curse of the dark forest transformed her from a god to a structure. each day she screams multiple times trying to free herself from the curse. the more people she accelerates, the stronger she becomes, and the stronger she becomes the better chance she has at fighting of the dark forest from taking over her soul