The Time Machine

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Rollermad

Before I start this is NOT about adventure island.

Close your eyes and imagine its your birthday and you have been given a theme park time machine! You can go back in time up to 40 years! Which year would you pick and why?

I'd pick 1996 so I could see the nemesis Nosh Bus, the best theming ever, forever!
gaz1313

1989/1990-coaster corner, aqualand and the start of Thunder Looper to name a few reasons. It'd be iteresting to see just how different everything was 22 years ago.
Kenzie2012

I would go back to The year that UG land first opened.... I only visited the park once when the club house and water fountains were in place and i was blown away when i was younger.

Would love to see it again.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
N3m3s1s

1994 for obvious reasons  :P
Maseyg123

1996, ride the Haunted House pre-Duel, ride the Energizer, Ride the Corkscrew and Blackhole for the first time, visit the Cadbury shop, ride Thunder Looper, ride the new beast, ride the pirate ship (instead of the blade), ride Toyland Tours, ride the Vintage Cars, visit the 3D Cinema etc... :)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...
jamesc

How about turning the old toyland tours into a dark ride going though sets of scale models of the park ride history?

That would really bring back the magic memories of the towers! I would love going though time like this to see the past, present and even the future and include what the never to be built sw1 sw2 would of looked like. :lol:

Even a Secret Weapen part with sw1 to latest with a drop into the dark at the end into a room that then lights up to show the future, a centre with a desk of plans with John Wardley sitting there thinking.

That would be a great ending to his great career.
Last edited by jamesc on Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
sku11dude123

jamesc wrote: How about turning the old toyland tours into a dark ride going though sets of scale models of the park ride history?

That would really bring back the magic memories of the towers! I would love going though time like this to see the past, present and even the future and include what the never to be built sw1 sw2 would of looked like. :lol:

Even a Secret Weapen part with sw1 to latest with a drop into the dark at the end into a room that then lights up to show the future, a centre with a desk of plans with John Wardley sitting there thinking.

That would be a great ending to his great career.

I can see it now, You enter in a wooden boat with castle towers on each corner as your firstly pass a arch to the earliest days. After a while you arrive in the era of the towers in it's present day, with loads of statues and models of the rides. You then enter a dark cave as lights go out and a giant John wardley cardboard cutout comes down with light flashing on him. You then enter a room full of John wardley models and statues and there this orchestral and epic music on to go along with him. The ride ends with a colossal John wardley waving goodbye with sprinklers on the colossal model.
SuperWill

I know I wasn't born/alive when Nemesis opened but I would go back to 1994 for the opening day of Nemesis! :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
cybermen39

I would go back to 1990 to see Henry's music Time Machine Show.