The London Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
abigsmurf

One of the things I've always liked about the proposed designs is the enclosed section. One of the best things about the (otherwise pretty bad) Disney Studios Paris layout is the indoors entrance section. If they do something at immersive and atmospheric as that, but on a bigger scale, it'll be great.

The fact they seem to have a definitive design with real coaster layouts gives the most most hope I've had for this project in years. 
Qzzb_UK

I would take everything currently on the site with a pinch of salt. Might be old plans or random stock images of theme park plans. Alot of the details on the site are old and need a refresh. They also quote on the planning page: 

We will make an application in 2017. Following the fourth stage of public consultation in summer 2015 we are addressing all the issues raised including carrying out further transport and environmental studies in the local area. We will be sharing our updated plans with the community at a further stage of public consultation.
Think it might be best to wait for a full site fresh before believing anything on there and a bit more detail to come through. Is sounding more positive and there is some activity happening, especially with such as high profile 
jamesc

Could this be the UK's answer to Disneyland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48831741
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Anderzon

I think it should be much more exciting than Disneyland.

Do you know something about a price they gonna spend on it?
DeadJack5

As reported by SouthParks News, The London Resort have announced a new partnership with Radisson Hotel Group which will see a Radisson Blu hotel open as part of the proposed entertainment Resort.

SouthParks News looks at all the details.
Harry347

I'm sure excited for this park, I really want to have high hopes for as it'll only be 1.5-2hours drive from me BUT this seems like a lot of partnerships etc and it just seems really messy to me?
I really want this to succeed though as both Thorpe Park and Chessington really need some competition to up their game, we haven't seen any decent investments to either park in some time now but with this having a rough date of 2024 and I'd imagine Universal's epic universe will open around the same time, it could be an awesome year for theme parks!
Qzzb_UK

Im not sure about the opening date at all, nothing has been submitted yet. The park also said that they were seeking National Infrastructure Significance with the project, which hasn't been updated in a while and consultations haven't really happened. They do seem to be gaining momentum but announcing partnerships and its the most active their twitter account has been in years, but im still a bit skeptical - hope to be proven wrong as I live about 10 mins away!
Bert

Here's a summary of a Times article with senior management for the project, posted on the TS forums. 

First actual update that isn't some PR exercise and info about ride hardware rather than vague concept art.
[Insert Signature Here]
Coaster Chall

Bert wrote:Image
I cannot wait! Coaster wise, I am thinking woodie (from original plans), launch coaster (Star Trek themed now Paramount is on board), family coaster (why not) and I don't know about the 4th.
PhNx Survivor

I would assume the park wants to knock the opening out the park with its offerings of rides..

So I agree with a woodie agree with a launched coaster themed to Star Trek. I'd say a family coaster would be something like a new vekoma style, or new intamin. And the 4th.. would hopefully be a B&M Hyper coaster.. the chances we'd get an RMC is quite slim I'd of thought.. but it would be a nice surprise.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
abigsmurf

http://londonresort.info/news/london-resort-signs-renewables-deal-with-edf-energy/

They've signed a deal with EDF to ensure that the park operates entirely off of renewable energy.

A sign that the project is genuinely progressing or more non-committal busywork to keep investors happy?
PhNx Survivor

I'm just gonna put this here... :sus:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kenton ... rk-217847/
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
DeadJack5

As reported by SouthParks News, The London Resort have revealed four new concept images alongside details of the six lands which will make up the proposed theme park resort for the Swanscombe Peninsula in Kent.

What are your thoughts on the latest concept art to be unveiled by The London Resort? Are you excited to see what else is planned for the proposed Resort?
Chris
Admin
Admin

So excited! Let's just hope the finance and planning process goes through smoothly.
Swarm Chris

It does look quite remarkable, and it's interesting how the Paramount Studios aspect has returned, albeit now in a single area of the park, but still with its prominent studio gate.

Some of the imagery suggests there could be an Intamin/Mack multi-launch coaster around the castle, a Journey to Atlantis style water coaster in the top left of the park, and a few buildings suggesting some modern dark rides.

It also appears to have proper car parks!
abigsmurf

Until there's 'point of no return' levels of building work done, I'll continue to have extreme doubts about it happen but it's so hard not to get ultra excited

Family launch as the main showpiece ride, a full on white knuckle space coaster that launches out of a building, 2 smaller, probably family coasters, a heavily themed waterride and what looks to be a selection of dark and flat rides. High capacity road system, Islands of Adventure car parks, Citywalk area. All great.

Concept art seems to be missing the Thames clipper and an entire land that's split off form the main park (phase 2 water park). There's going to be a whole lot of walking in and out the park, hope they spend money on travelators. 
Danny

Accounts for the last tax year has been recorded at a pre-tax loss £1.7 million, totalling the company losses at £54.8 million since the company was formed in 2011.

Abdulla Al-Humaidi has previously confirmed he will finance the project until the end of 2020 at least, but the directors have already said if permission isn’t granted then they’ll put the brakes on the whole project.

As great as all the plans and concepts look, sadly I still have no confidence that this will ever come to fruition.
Swarm Chris

So this year would seem to be the final make or break year, at least whilst still at the planning stage.

I feel that with the people they've brought on for this final push, they have the best chance the project has had since its conception. But there is seemingly still a huge amount of work to do, especially in selling the idea to the planning authority, government, local businesses and residents.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looks like there was an ITV report on The London Resort a couple of days ago. Nothing of note of which we weren't already aware, as it really just highlights the lack of any meaningful progress up to this point.
abigsmurf

I think it's got to be doomed now. A recession would give them a whole lot more muscle to convince the council that they simply couldn't possibly risk building a theme park, but if they could get permission to build a mix of residential and retail...