The London Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
spark

Just spotted this over on Sky News

http://news.sky.com/story/994756/paramount-park-plans-to-rival-disneyland-paris

Interesting development
Last edited by spark on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

Awesome :D
This is exactly the sort of competition and development this country needs. It will put the boot up Merlin's collective arses and hopefully get them to invest and manage the parks properly. Otherwise they will soon see their London area parks suffering greatly. £2bn is a lot of cash for a Theme park/entertainment complex, that one assumes will also be a resort.
This is really exciting stuff, lets hope it gets the go ahead  :)
JaykeAT

Well they are curently building a paramount park in murica,spain so I find the supprising but very exiting. Heres hoping they go through with it
sweedish2009

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -jobs.html

Bit more info guys, sounds amazing, and on my ruddy doorstep!
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
Marcus

Just saw this on BBC News. This is great!  :)
The Moon

I see Universal I see heaven!
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
MattsDesigns

Just heard this wonderful news over the dinner table.

I heard that it was going to rival Disney Land and was going to be in Ebbsfleet in Kent.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Jiminy Cricket

do we have information on what rides it will have, is it going to be like universal studios?
grantroswell

It sounds like a good idea, it will definitley make Merlin work a bit harder on their attractions around the UK.

But does anyone else find the desired location a tad silly? It's not really somewhere you would go for a theme park when the surrounding area is just industrial estates and River?

:?
MattsDesigns

Its near to Blue Water and London so from a geography point of view its not bad at all.
I don't know if its just the work they did on Blue Water but I do tend to think it looks beautiful when I go out and sit by the pond, cause theres a cliff and stuff....Hmm I guess that is their work lol.

P.S. I thought this topic might like a better name  ;)
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Luce

I also think this is a great idea and hope it goes ahead.  From what I saw on my local news programme this evening and have read, it sounds like it would be in a good location - relatively simple journey from London as far as I can recall so would hopefully bring in visitors.
sweedish2009

grantroswell wrote: It sounds like a good idea, it will definitley make Merlin work a bit harder on their attractions around the UK.

But does anyone else find the desired location a tad silly? It's not really somewhere you would go for a theme park when the surrounding area is just industrial estates and River?

:?
Apparently it will be adjacent to Ebbsfleet International, along with easy access from the M2, M25 and M20.

Transportation wise, it couldn't be more ideal. And lets not forget, sparse area of land equals zero complaints from the local snobs. I do not wish for anyone to take this as a cheap dig at those Rapers..........ROPERS! I meant Ropers.

Damn my chrome auto-correct.

sweedish2009

MattsDesigns wrote: Its near to Blue Water and London so from a geography point of view its not bad at all.
I don't know if its just the work they did on Blue Water but I do tend to think it looks beautiful when I go out and sit by the pond, cause theres a cliff and stuff....Hmm I guess that is their work lol.

P.S. I thought this topic might like a better name  ;)
Fully agree, something of this size requires a fitting title. This topic has the potential to be very very popular

Jiminy Cricket

been looking at the other Paramount parks, their look very good, I'm not very keen on the massive building in the middle of ours though
The Moon

Careful, Paramount Parks is defunct. This is completely new and they have no other operational parks currently.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
altontowerskid

I wouldn't want to get my hopes up too quick, but this is some of the best news I've heard for the British economy and for us enthusiasts!! :D

A project on this scale will cause a significant increase in income from tourism, in fact, Disneyland Paris once was accountable for 13% of all French tourism revenue! The biggest benefit to us though, will be the increase in competition. If this project goes ahead, it is very likely Merlin will have to up their game if they are not to lose out as having the UK's flagship entertainment resort - I wonder if Merlin executives had heard a whiff about this before the GP.
Jiminy Cricket

I meant the ones they got planned for spain and south Korea,  dose anyone know whats in the centre ? i think I'm getting to excited far to early
sweedish2009

Heard a few people getting excited over possible Iron Man and Transformers themed rides.

Unfortunately I think Universal have the rights to the Transformers ride while Disney plan in the near future to add a Stark Expo themed ride area to either Epcot or Tomorrowland.

Not sure what the deal would be with rights to the rides. The Transformers ride in this country would literally make my lifetime!

I think it'll be very similar to the proposed Murcia park, with Star Trek, Rango etc. The Sleepy Hollow themed area for Murcia looks amazing.

bensaund

I want a Star Trek ride with Borg Invation 4D, a decent dark ride which will up the quality of rides in this country.

Merlin have a 5 years to up their game and really put the knife in if their parks are top notch, or they will sit and wait and do nothing to see what impact it really has.
If you go down to the woods today
Jammydodger

I want to get excited, but stuff like this has a habit of getting forgotten about, or conveniently dropping off the face of the earth.
I don't want to be too doom and gloom though because this is a wonderful development. If it does go ahead it'll be really interesting to see how it pans out, and whether we end up with another debt ridden Disneyland Paris style park, or if they manage to turn in a profit.