The London Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
PhNx Survivor

6 IP’s.. wonder what they could be?

I like how they have split the hotel and park in Gate 2 for further developments after Gate 1 is finished. But 3550 rooms.. that’s insane!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
lewis97
Admin
Admin

In a curious development, the London Resort website appears to have been taken down, with it no longer available at londonresort.info... The associated Facebook and Twitter pages do still exist though.
Robert.W

I wonder if it's  possible they've thought of a new name that is at least a tiny bit better than "London Resort"...

Qzzb_UK

Seems the name server has changed to ns1.domainhasexpired.com which also has broken the mail records.

Was re-registered with domainmonster on 23/05/2018. So might me misconfiguration. Still under Newgate communications ltd as the registered owner which it was before I believe
PhNx Survivor

I’m sure if it’s anything.. we’ll hear something about this at some point in the future.

I would assume that the name could be changed as Robert has said. Something a bit better than “London Resort” would be nice!
Swarm Chris

The London Resort website is still offline and Companies House have them listed as overdue on their confirmation statement.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574

The confirmation statement is pretty much tick some boxes and pay a small fee. Whilst it's not unheard of for this to lapse, of all the required reporting a business must do it is the simplest.

I'm getting the impression that no one is working much on this project anymore.
Bert

Swarm Chris wrote:The London Resort website is still offline and Companies House have them listed as overdue on their confirmation statement.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07625574

The confirmation statement is pretty much tick some boxes and pay a small fee. Whilst it's not unheard of for this to lapse, of all the required reporting a business must do it is the simplest.

I'm getting the impression that no one is working much on this project anymore.
No one is working on this project, it is a project to hook in gullible investors and profit off the money made. It sounds a bit like a Ponzi scheme to be honest.
[Insert Signature Here]
Chris
Admin
Admin

No one is working on this project, it is a project to hook in gullible investors and profit off the money made. It sounds a bit like a Ponzi scheme to be honest.
In your opinion..

Until we officially hear the project is dead, it is difficult to speculate.

Historically there have been many quiet periods, and then random news of out nowhere..
Dungeon-X-Smile

I think that Chris is right and we can't call the time of death just yet, but I also don't think we're going to see a miraculous recovery either.

Paramount Parks in the past weren’t known for their incredible management and this park is now becoming a discount Paramount Park. It isn't looking good. And even if they do end up continuing, we're more likely to have a Nara Dreamland situation here, in my opinion.
Qzzb_UK

You have to bear in mind a few things when looking at this park. People say its a scheme, I dont buy that. They have gone to the government to get significant project status with the planning directorate. 

Can anyone remember the last time a park was made from scratch? All of the UK ones have been going for a while (to my memory) so its not like planning a theme park in the UK is something that is done that frequently - they just put planning in for changes to existing ones. 

With the londonresort.info page I believe that this was run by a marketing company not the company itself. Believe it was Newgate communications from memory. It could be that the contract with Newgate has lapsed and thats why the domain has disappeared. Might find when (and if) it does come to the consultation stages the website will reappear in some form, as it was severely out of date anyway. 

Not saying that it will go ahead at all - im quite doubtful - but we dont know as its not every day that a project such as this is attempted in the UK. It would be good if the company were a little more vocal on twitter/social or a website to keep us updated. There was a story posted not that long ago on TTSP stating about the parters and plan it had announced. This was nowhere to be found online that I could find, just from TTSP so there is a communication channel somewhere just not that public.
PhNx Survivor

You have to take into consideration all the aspects of this project, like you have said something of this magnitude hasn’t been done in a long time in the UK.. I’m sure that this project is still alive and is being worked on.. it’s just very well hidden!

I can only imagine all the set backs that this project has had with the area it’s in, environmental effects to pollution, animal welfare, transport issues and multiple other effects to I imagine..

I agree it would be nice to hear something of a monthly update at least, but for now.. I guess we just have to wait :(

EDIT: This reminds me of the Halo Tv series that is very much alive.. but we have no idea about! It’s been a good 4/5 years now :lol (back to topic, sorry!)
Swarm Chris

London Resort filed their confirmation statement yesterday (just under a month and a half late) and also got their website back up and running.

So there is again some life in this project.

Edit: I also find it amusing that they have a couple of free phone numbers listed. Whereas Merlin has a whole host of premium rate numbers, non-geographic ones if you create enough and I believe a single free phone number for VIP pass holders! :lol
PhNx Survivor

What does that mean then?
Swarm Chris

The confirmation statement is a yearly report required to ensure that the information the government holds on the company at Companies House is accurate. This is things like address and people with significant shareholding. It's a criminal offence to not file it and can lead to fines on the directors and steps being taken to force the company closed with any remaining cash or assets being forfeited to the crown.

So it basically means that they intend for the company to still exist. It should be noted that the company has had a few cases where Companies House have taken the first step to forcing them closed, where you can infer your own thoughts of those actions.
AltonOperator

The project was announced on 8 October 2012 but has been pushed back many times. Many fans are questioning whether it will ever actually happen.

Do you think the London Entertainment Resort will ever be built?

Why?
Last edited by Chris on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with general discussion as your post did not require its own topic.
Thanks Jack
PhNx Survivor

I do.

Yes it has taken a long time to plan out, but let’s just think.. this isn’t just a theme park, it’s a resort.. the park, hotels, shops, parking, transportation, etc. This all has to be planned out, because come opening day and it all flops.. then what’s the point in that massive investment?

I’m sure someone said 6 IP’s were already being considered, or confirmed? think it was considered..

The UK is crying out for more entertainment in this catagory, as your main theme parks are always too expensive, but then your smaller theme parks are cheap, but don’t invest in rides that often.

I do genuinely believe if this resort was to be made, this would be a major competitor to Merlin theme parks as it will include new, fresh designs and ideas from across the pond most likely.

Thing is.. I don’t understand why a company like Universal Studios haven’t taken a chance in the UK.. As I’m sure most Universal products are sold in the UK the most behind USA?!

Either way I hope this project does happen, it is just a matter of having to wait.. I think we will be pleasently surprised when things start rolling.
streetmagix

PhNx Survivor wrote:I do.

Yes it has taken a long time to plan out, but let’s just think.. this isn’t just a theme park, it’s a resort.. the park, hotels, shops, parking, transportation, etc. This all has to be planned out, because come opening day and it all flops.. then what’s the point in that massive investment?

I’m sure someone said 6 IP’s were already being considered, or confirmed? think it was considered..

The UK is crying out for more entertainment in this catagory, as your main theme parks are always too expensive, but then your smaller theme parks are cheap, but don’t invest in rides that often.

I do genuinely believe if this resort was to be made, this would be a major competitor to Merlin theme parks as it will include new, fresh designs and ideas from across the pond most likely.

Thing is.. I don’t understand why a company like Universal Studios haven’t taken a chance in the UK.. As I’m sure most Universal products are sold in the UK the most behind USA?!

Either way I hope this project does happen, it is just a matter of having to wait.. I think we will be pleasently surprised when things start rolling.
I think Universal got scared after 'Universal's Port Aventura' and EuroDisney. If they were to come back then it would probably be in the form of Universal Studios Singapore, where a local company funds and operates it with Universal licensing the IPs and rides. This could be what's happening here with this project, they just don't want to announce that it's going to be called 'Universal Studios United Kingdom' 
Qzzb_UK

Appears that there has been another filing for London Resort at Companies House. It appears they have appointed another director. 

View PDF Appointment of Mr Ayman Chit as a director on 28 August 2018 - link opens in a new window - 2 pages

Im quite surprised that they are bothering with the structure given that they have not done anything operational in quite a while..... 
abigsmurf

The cynic inside of me wonders if you could get a bunch of investors to put up 7 figure sums, to stick that in a bank account, every few months spend a few hours filling some official looking documents to appear on government sites and get a few local news headlines, then just sit back and take a wage from the investment. Just keep doing enough activity to keep the investors off your back but not enough that the project is forced to move forward. 10 years pass, you say to investors "turns out market conditions are no longer right for this, but you've only lost 5% of your investment..."

Massive projects move at glacial speed but not this slow. 6 years and the only real plans we've seen are the ones shown off in the initial announcement. It's really hard to see this happening. Disney didn't take that long to design and build Disney World and they had to drain a swamp for that.
Swarm Chris

abigsmurf wrote:The cynic inside of me wonders if you could get a bunch of investors to put up 7 figure sums, to stick that in a bank account, every few months spend a few hours filling some official looking documents to appear on government sites and get a few local news headlines, then just sit back and take a wage from the investment. Just keep doing enough activity to keep the investors off your back but not enough that the project is forced to move forward.
I mean you could, but then that would usually result in people going to jail for defrauding investors. :lol

My guess is that's definitely not what's going on here. :)