Random ideas

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
scw55

Wooden Shuttle Coaster is now a reality :O
DeanGaryCox

The throughput would be awful... if it was long enough to be a decent ride :/
Image 2014
MattsDesigns

Lee-
Haha.
I do encourage people to write patents (patent applications). This is the kind of crib sheet I use http://inventors.about.com/od/patentsba ... ptions.htm

I write them for many things but I don't usually write them for ride ideas because there's only a handful of rides built a year and to heck with starting my own company right now in my life. Maybe later  :)
Also is important is the fact I love the parks and want to see them grow - I'd do anything for them.

scw55 - Wow! You got a link or anything?
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
DeanGaryCox

I don't think there's an actual ride like it, but this video shows a virtual pov of one, and that it was announced a concept at IAAPA...
Image 2014
sku11dude123

THIRT33N:

NEW YEAR EVENT: For the big event of welcoming the new year Alton towers will be attaching firework's to it's coaster Thirteen. Lucky riders will be able to go on the coaster and when the countdown starts to 2013 and goes 3...2....1, On the HAPPY NEW YEAR the coaster rolls out the station with all the fireworks going off for the duration of the ride.

Spinners, Sprinklers and Screamers will all go off. PLUS! When you go inside that little drop tower, the ride is completely stopped for 5 seconds Just in a blink of an eye the whole structure is filled with sprinklers  and spinners as a HAPPY NEW YEAR! logo is spinning in the house as the riders all cheer as lights flicker on and off and constant alarms are going off.

When the coaster drops, it rolls back to the station for the big finale. Wraiths come out of the station with sprinklers and happy new year signs and wave them about going through the crowds of people. They both re-group with themselves and shout Happy new year as loud as they can. EVENT ENDS...

OBLIVION:

IDEA 1: When the coaster drops, it then comes to an halt near the hole. After 5 seconds the coaster slowly pulls itself up to the hill again, and just at the sign of relief it speeds up instantly and drops everyone down the hole.

RITA

IDEA 1: After the coaster is launched it enter's a dark tunnel, coaster comes out, stops at the mean of the ride's duration, then after a 5 second delay, speeds up and advances to the station.

CATCF:

Idea 1: DESTROY THE WHOLE THING! (I think everyone seen this idea coming)

Idea 2:
Step one, Make sure everything is working as planned,

Step two, Close ride for refurbishment,

Step 3 Get brand new props and themery,

Step 4 Make the station more colourful,

Step 5 Take down half the mirror room and put a resemblance to the classic fudge mountain there (With some possible new VO's for that room)

Step 6 Improve the VO Trigger Sensor's

Step 7 Make a new blueberry Violet beauregarde, But out of steel. (Violets head is falling off because the the pressure in the inflatable ball is expanding and contracting constantly, This is alos the reason behind violet shaking oftenly)

Step 8 OPEN IT BACK UP!

Easter Egg 1: New VO with Willy Wonka saying, "I can't believe that wacky, crazy man who lives in a toybox gave me his property to re-establish my factory.. " (Toyland Tours Reference)

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA:

Idea 1: When the drops towers drops, Guests can see live actors, Some acting as the creatures and some as the Military security. And what they are doing is fighting each other with fake guns and fake fighting, they continue to do this until the seats are lifted to the top.

DUEL:

Idea 1: Gun Upgrades can be obtained when shooting certain targets

Idea 2: Shooting passengers gives you 100 points, Shooting them in the head gives you 200

Idea 3: If your in carriage 1, you can use the the brand new rapid fire guns. (Note: Rapid fire can be mixed with idea 1, if the rapid fire guns hit a rapid fire upgrade target they get the ability to fire pretend grenades with a new button attached to the rapids, The grenade acts like a "hit all targets in the vicinity")

Idea 4: Pointsheets, This can be applied to any shooting gallery, arcade ride. Where you get your on ride photo's, you can now have the ability to get a copy of a scoresheet which shows analytic's from your carriage you were in. Including, Highscore, Target you hit the most, Ratio, Opponent comparison and your place you came.

NEMESIS:

Idea 1: Every Scarefest, Nemesis gets a enhancement. At Night the Nemesis ride lights up with fire coming out of the ride itself. Im talking about flame's here. Not just lights but flame's. REAL FIRE coming out of the nemesis track's. Although this is not the sort of idea which should be applied to nemesis.

SONIC SPINBALL:

Easter Egg: A Mario carriage can be found in a giant garbage bin near the ride.
Last edited by sku11dude123 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrReeve

sku11dude123 wrote: THIRT33N:

NEW YEAR EVENT: For the big event of welcoming the new year Alton towers will be attaching firework's to it's coaster Thirteen. Lucky riders will be able to go on the coaster and when the countdown starts to 2013 and goes 3...2....1, On the HAPPY NEW YEAR the coaster rolls out the station with all the fireworks going off for the duration of the ride.

Spinners, Sprinklers and Screamers will all go off. PLUS! When you go inside that little drop tower, the ride is completely stopped for 5 seconds Just in a blink of an eye the whole structure is filled with sprinklers  and spinners as a HAPPY NEW YEAR! logo is spinning in the house as the riders all cheer as lights flicker on and off and constant alarms are going off.

When the coaster drops, it rolls back to the station for the big finale. Wraiths come out of the station with sprinklers and happy new year signs and wave them about going through the crowds of people. They both re-group with themselves and shout Happy new year as loud as they can. EVENT ENDS...

OBLIVION:

IDEA 1: When the coaster drops, it then comes to an halt near the hole. After 5 seconds the coaster slowly pulls itself up to the hill again, and just at the sign of relief it speeds up instantly and drops everyone down the hole.

RITA

IDEA 1: After the coaster is launched it enter's a dark tunnel, coaster comes out, stops at the mean of the ride's duration, then after a 5 second delay, speeds up and advances to the station.

CATCF:

Idea 1: DESTROY THE WHOLE THING! (I think everyone seen this idea coming)

Idea 2:
Step one, Make sure everything is working as planned,

Step two, Close ride for refurbishment,

Step 3 Get brand new props and themery,

Step 4 Make the station more colourful,

Step 5 Take down half the mirror room and put a resemblance to the classic fudge mountain there (With some possible new VO's for that room)

Step 6 Improve the VO Trigger Sensor's

Step 7 Make a new blueberry Violet beauregarde, But out of steel. (Violets head is falling off because the the pressure in the inflatable ball is expanding and contracting constantly, This is alos the reason behind violet shaking oftenly)

Step 8 OPEN IT BACK UP!

Easter Egg 1: New VO with Willy Wonka saying, "I can't believe that wacky, crazy man who lives in a toybox gave me his property to re-establish my factory.. " (Toyland Tours Reference)

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA:

Idea 1: When the drops towers drops, Guests can see live actors, Some acting as the creatures and some as the Military security. And what they are doing is fighting each other with fake guns and fake fighting, they continue to do this until the seats are lifted to the top.
I like your imagination and concepts but just to slip in some realism :P
The Oblivion drop one would need some pretty strong brakes to stop that vertically at that speed
The rita one would work on a longer launched coaster but on a small short one like rita seems a bit overdue. But i really like the idea of a launch tunnel maybe covered in ivy and surrounded by trees

and for Nemesis sub terra to be able to see the actors it would have to be brighter in the cave which could ruin the special effects .

Keep the ideas coming You might be on to something if you can put your ideas together well
Image credit to Lewis97
MattsDesigns

Pretty good, the Rita one I can just imagine people yelling, stopping and then yelling again haha

Would it be wacky if Duel went outside? It just goes outside, goes down the road a bit, then comes back. People can chil,take in the trees and can have a smoke or whatever and then back to shooting star lit monsters. Its a just nice little break for people.
ImURNemesis

Can these idea be as realistic or unrealistic?
MattsDesigns

ImURNemesis wrote: Can these idea be as realistic or unrealistic?
He seemed to be writing comedic ride concepts but I guess its anything now its in random :)
sku11dude123

Merged into another topic? ,  I was hoping of doing my own topic with all my opinions on what needs to be done with the rides
MattsDesigns

Dissapearing Track Illusion

I'll start by mentioning the main problem with this - The vibrations of the coaster. This is why this vertical drop you see here, would probably be best slowed to crawl but even then I just don't know about this.

It's a very simple mirror illusion that reflects the walls on both sides using mirrors hidden between the legs in the perimeter of the table- the multiple light reflections on the walls give it away - so strategic lighting is important. Warping is more apparent in mirrors of larger sizes so its best to go with the smallest mirrors - ones that will encase the car and the safety clearence distance (for people who stick out their arms atc.)

Its very similar to this illusion I "came up with" (really its a very old illusion)for my space ride Image

But as I've said with the first illusion on this post, the main problem could well be VIBRATIONS. This requires testing maybe at the Oblivion hole, to see just how much a tightly or losely fixed mirror will wobble.

Failing that test there is a work around idea:
-that the illusion is only visible until the car gets close enough to shake the mirrors - then the lights go out.

Laser portal/curtain
For this mirror illusion, a laser can be used to create a screen/curtain which the ride car goes through (labeled 'laser portal illusion in 1st pic.) This can appear to wave like water and I have a diagram for this just before half way down my page: http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html If you can pull the laser back far enough with a wide enough beam spread it will fill most of the shape of the circle.
Maseyg123

I think a new ride desperately needs to be added to adventure land, because at the moment there is only one: Sonic Spinball. I think a sort of copy of Around the world in 80 days or a time machine based ride would fit in with the land's title :) I think an indoor attraction would be best, it could go on the green opposite sonic spinball? Also, I definitely think a wooden coaster would be great! Maybe the wooden coaster would also suit adventure land? The time machine idea could possibly replace Charlie and the Chocolate Factory once the contract has ended with the Rahl Family? Another thing I would like to see is a chocolate shop (like the cadbury shop they used to have) at the exit of the charlie ride, but a Wonka Candy Store? We also need McDonald's back in Cloud Cuckoo Land, with the 50's diner theming :) Another Idea is an underwater ride in an underwater tunnel?
http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/woodie.htm
Last edited by Maseyg123 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...