On-Ride Breakdown Experiences

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
sku11dude123

The title is pretty much self explanatory, share your AT moments were you have got stuck on

Skyride (we all saw this ride coming): I was suspended at the middle point of the skyride for a couple of minutes, Then it started working again.
Last edited by sku11dude123 on Thu May 30, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattsDesigns

I think everyone has had that one.
Ohhh when it stops, the way it swings. :shock:

Pretty sure I was sat on Oblivion for 5 mins or so before it came back into the station. There was an obligatory cheer when it started moving again.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Delta79

I have power breakers pop at the wrong time on nemesis. and end up stuck at the wait point on the brake run section.
Chaz

sku11dude123 wrote: The title is pretty much self explanatory, share your AT moments were you have got stuck on

Skyride (we all saw this ride coming): I was suspended at the middle point of the skyride for a couple of minutes, Then it started working again.
Yeah, that's not a breakdown I'm afraid, if the pods need to stop in one station (to allow disabled guests on for example) then to prevent a buildup all pods will stop, the alarm will then sound shortly before operation resumes.

At At I've broken down on Oblivions break run for about ten minutes and The Flume for about the same (before the final lift). Have also sat in Airs break run for god knows how long. That's it I think.

Had evacs before but not at the Towers.

Sent from my iPad
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Benji

When I went to the scarefest around 2-3years ago, I was queueing for Rita and half of the park had a power cut! X-Sector and Dark Forest would sort of 'not work'! The toilets wouldn't flush and all the food stalls had to close!  :(

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
BowMan

I was stuck on Hex when the drum wouldn't line up with the benches! We had to leave the way we came in and exited next to Driving School.
Image Thanks to Lewis97
The Moon

Never got stuck at AT but had to be Evacced on SheiKra and Montu.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
sweedish2009

Nothing notable at AT (aside from the standard Skyride break down) however if anyone has had the pleasure of experiencing Harry Potter at Islands Of Adventure they should come to realise it breaks down a bloody lot!

Second time I went on it the ride stopped with our robo-arm very close to being upside down.

That wasn't the worst part of it, we had to sit in the same position for a good 5 minutes...........with a dementor directly in front of us. And if you've been on that ride you know how close they get!

Haunts my dreams!
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
Krazycoaster

I got stuck on Duel. I know it stops a lot when there is a problem boarding but it broke down and I was stuck in Trommel for 5 minutes! I had to shut my eyes as I was begining to get nauseous!
MattsDesigns

lol, winner
Rollermad

I experienced a chessington power cut being stuck a bit out the station (I was in the back and only the last 3 were not in station)
2pints

Not very exciting, but heres one ...

A few years ago, stuck on the black hole whilst going up the ride stopped, and we thought we were at the top about to drop, then a pause, and another stop, and nothing for a short while.
Then the lights came on, and we were on some sort of spiral trac, looking down towards the bottom we could see someone walking very slowly up the walkway next to the spiral track, we asumed this was to relase the harnesses so we could get off and walk down the gangway
when the staff finaly arrived they told us that there was a technical problem, and asked if we were all OK, (we asked if we could get off, and walk down but they wouldnt let us)
So after what seemed like forever (it was only 30 minutes or so) the ride started and completed its normal run - with the lights on.
Once at the bottom/exit they let us stay on and complete the ride in the dark, following on from this we each got a Disabled access pass to jump the que via the disabled entrance on one ride.
MattsDesigns

that sounds so familiar. Im sure I was on something where after fixing, the egineer yelled "IS OVORYONE OKUY?" and started it again lol. Maybe I was there.
JaykeAT

Got stuck at the top of oblivion once,some idiot with a mobile phone. :x
scott.smith

Rapids all the boats got stuck at the bottom of the ramp, oh and air
Kenzie2012

i've never had a big ride breakdown, i've beens tuck in the que when they have though  :box:

Duel Broke down a few years ago and we were stuck near the spider section for just under 20 mins, then all life burst forth and we were away again..... Very bizzare when is turned off and quiet in there.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
JaykeAT

Surprised more haven't said Air tbh
Kenzie2012

lol, i always tend to be in the Que when that ride has problems... now that you've said it tho i did have an issue getting out last season where the seats wouldnt release on 4 of the trains rows and we were locked in for just under 25 minutes.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
ing1607

I went on wednesday and halfway through the oblivion lift hill it broke and we stuck only for like 3-5 minutes and we could hear them announcing below that they had technical difficulties but then it started again. Lol, not a very exciting story...
RollercoasterGEEK100

This isnt really a breakdown but Oblivions hold didnt work, we just went straight over the edge.

Credit to NemesisRider