On-Ride Breakdown Experiences

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
Tom.B

ben.at08 wrote: When I went to the scarefest around 2-3years ago, I was queueing for Rita and half of the park had a power cut! X-Sector and Dark Forest would sort of 'not work'! The toilets wouldn't flush and all the food stalls had to close!  :(
toilets now run on electricity do they? [-X
mixer114

first time on sub terror every body ran to the exit lift the lift doors closed before i got in i was stuck in the chamber the doors open after a few mins then they kept opening and closing the ride had to be reset my kids were laughing at me and kept saying i broke sub terror  :twisted:
mixer114

i also got stuck on sonic couldnt get the restraint down the operator told me to cross my legs just as we got to the end of the platform he had to e stop as we exited the station not my day for AT rides lol my kids never leyt me forget it  :D
Benji

Tommo23 wrote:
ben.at08 wrote: When I went to the scarefest around 2-3years ago, I was queueing for Rita and half of the park had a power cut! X-Sector and Dark Forest would sort of 'not work'! The toilets wouldn't flush and all the food stalls had to close!  :(
toilets now run on electricity do they? [-X
im not sure, but I couldn't help but laugh at the people coming out of the toilets saying they couldn't s**t....:shock:

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
The Moon

Tasty.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Benji

She must have been jealous of how nemesis can make you scream and she can't :lol: ;)
Sorry, my dirty side took over then...

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
Boz

Hehe :P keep it to the Dragon Bar guys ;)
Kenzie2012

Lol that's Epic....

Has anyone been on a real long breakdown?

I guess after the first 5mins it's very boring?!?!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
JoshC

I got evaced off of a first generation Intamin drop tower at Movieland Studios in Italy. We were stuck at the top for about 10 mins before this Italian bloke appeared out of nowhere and said he was going to take us off, we then had to walk down alot of stairs.... :P
Captain Chimp

Got stuck on Air in the station and then in the brake run on the same go, lost all feeling in my groinal areas...  :oops:

By far the best/worst for me was getting stuck on Th13teen in the crypt.  We rolled in and stopped then nothing happened.  So we waited. And waited. And waited. After a bit an attendant came into tell us what was happening and stood having a chat with us for a bit. Then the tech showed up and got the hydraulics working very slowly.  We then sat in the bottom crypt for another 5 or so minutes while they woke the hamsters back up to get it going backwards.  In total, we were in the crypt for nigh on 20 minutes (so it was quite interesting to take in).  They got us off the ride saying they'd send us round again, sent the next lot of people through (which caused some complaints as to why they went and we couldn't stay on - I was happy in case the same fault occurred, let some other poor buggers sit there... :D) then had another go, hitch free.
JayJay90

My sister and I got stuck on Th13teen in the drop section part. It was our second time on it that day and a man came in to explain there was a problem...he went away, because it was new everyone thought that was part of the ride...after 10 minutes he came back started talking to us, was really funny actually, he explained that the ride was stuck and that we would be evacuated...only to then be told on walkie talkie it was ok to be lowered down slowly...half an hour passed and it was confirmed we were getting off...by this time it was really uncomfortable...he was talking to us and next minute we all just dropped...i couldnt stop laughing, people were at the front crying because they didnt know that that was going to happen and thought that it had fell through the floor in terms of it broke...then we got stuck on that section down there too...the man explained that we would be shot backwards to save more tears at the front of the train aha...
Queenmaya99

I was on a Rita Failed launch , but other than that, nothing ;)
______  ___                     
___   |/  /_____ _____  _______ _
__  /|_/ /_  __ `/_  / / /  __ `/
_  /  / / / /_/ /_  /_/ // /_/ /
/_/  /_/  \__,_/ _\__, / \__,_/ 
                 /____/

KJ91

Queued for Air once for 2 1/2 hours during scarefest about 5 years ago. Thought i was going to wet my pants. Got into the flying position. *Prepare for Air...now fly*...

we stayed in the station in that position for nearly 40 minutes while the engineer took his time to get there and reset the ride. I did weigh up the option of just wetting my pants then getting on the flume to make it look authentic...seriously. Worst. Pain. Ever
SuperWill

When I went on Th13teen for the first time in April 2010 we got stuck! Just before the drop section we got stuck on the bit where it slows down! We were waiting for like 10-20 minutes or so and after that it was off and running again! And at the end we were given Th13teen fast passes to use another time! (I used them for Scarefest 2010) So that was my Th13teen break down experience! :P

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Shrek The Jack

A group of us got stuck during Scare fest this year on Ripsaw thank god we were sitting up straight!! I do not know what was worse though the fact of being suck and missing valuable ride time or the 30 school girls on the ride singing Justin Bieber baby song bloody torture!!  :D :D :D :D :D
Boz

:shock: Good lord! I don't think I can imagine anything worse, unless they were also crushing your nuts in a vice :shock:
Luce

I also had a breakdown on Ripsaw during my visits over the Fireworks event this year.  We were stuck upright just before the ride lowers for about 10 minutes and was eventually bought back to ground level.  The ride wasn't closed for long and we went back on it a short time afterwards.

I also had an interesting wait for a ride on Rita during the same trip - staff had to remove a man who'd had a few alcoholic drinks and we all waited with curiosity to see who it was. Following a bit of opposition from the culprit concerned, he was removed and we got our ride :)
Marcus

When a Top Spin "breaks down" most of the time is because an big bult persons restraints isn't locked properly.
dominoes

Duel broke down for about 5 min whilst I was on it. At first I thought they were just letting on a person with a wheelchair, but then it kept stopping after that, and sometimes slowed down to almost a standstill. What was worse though was the fact that I hate animatronics, so this was a really, really, horrible experience...
lozzyhickers

dominoes wrote: Duel broke down for about 5 min whilst I was on it. At first I thought they were just letting on a person with a wheelchair, but then it kept stopping after that, and sometimes slowed down to almost a standstill. What was worse though was the fact that I hate animatronics, so this was a really, really, horrible experience...
I had exactly  the same experience! Luckily we had gone past some of the zombies, but we were stuck in the trommel tunnel instead. Was very disorientating.