Scarefest 2012: Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Boz

Well it looks like Towers are going to continue speculation for a while yet. So for any general questions (opening hours, pricing ect.) please use this topic

For all speculation please continue to use the future topic found here http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-towers-future/scarefest-2012/

8)
Last edited by Boz on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lozzyhickers

How early do you think hotel rooms will sell out for Scarefest?
And do the shuttle busses to local train stations usually run later or not?
Kenzie2012

Hotels in general are unpredictable really. I'm not sure if they will be snapped up or stil have some empty come Scarefest.
If I want to go, I usually book sharpies so I don't miss out.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
b2311e

1. Is it the same pricing for admissions to park?
  2. Can 2-for-1 tickets be used (From Tesco's own brand stuff)
  3. If I go during the Summer as well, can return tickets be bought for Scarefest, and would this be cheaper?
I'm new to this pay yourself thing, used to go by coach and it was all sorted by them, but despite the £62 train fare it's way less hassle!
JaykeAT

Just to clear up a few scare room questions:

I don't think there are any this year, wasn't it said none scare room guests where complaining about screams until the early hours of the morning.

b2311e wrote:
  1. Is it the same pricing for admissions to park?
  2. Can 2-for-1 tickets be used (From Tesco's own brand stuff)
  3. If I go during the Summer as well, can return tickets be bought for Scarefest, and would this be cheaper?
I'm new to this pay yourself thing, used to go by coach and it was all sorted by them, but despite the £62 train fare it's way less hassle!
1.Yes
2.some do include scarefest,and some don't,I would read the T&C's to be clear on this
3.Not clear on this one,but I think so

Hope this helps  ;)
Kenzie2012

In past years they've always let you purchase bounce back tickets way in advance of Scarefest and allowed you entrance for the event.
The couple of months leading up to it I've even seen them on the hard sell at the end of days to get more people buying them.

I've checked, every Tesco product I picked up with the 2-4-1 offers on then DON'T restrict Scarefest.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
lozzyhickers

Does anyone know about my shuttle bus question?
Because if they're not running later than 6pm then i'll need to book a hotel room.
Luce

I've had a look on the AT website and it seems the buses don't run much after 6.30/7pm ish although whether they'll alter this timetable or not I'm not sure.  Last time I went to Scarefest which was a few years ago I had to leave a little earlier because of the times back to where I was staying in Hanley so things might have changed since then.

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... ble-12.pdf
Kenzie2012

If nothing gets updates. You could always call/email them to ask.
anorman

Heard from Hotel Management today they are just waiting for the marketing team to finalize things, they are doing 'something' though, things are looking up  :)
Lotty

Gosh! i hope it's something exciting and not just vamped up musical show!

Can't wait!

Hotel booked - Check
Tickets booked - Check
5 photo pass - Check (because they lost my TOTT photo last year)

Sorry im rambling now..........

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
broco101

lozzyhickers wrote: Does anyone know about my shuttle bus question?
Because if they're not running later than 6pm then i'll need to book a hotel room.

i sent AT an enquiry form the other day and they said they are still finalising the timetable for the scarefest and will be published soon. so i would imagine the busses will probably leave at 20:30 or something around that time.

hope this helps a little  :)
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
Mikkel

What are the half term dates for October as i want to avoid those.

And when will be the least busiest time to go during scarefest? Is the opening weekend too busy, or is it fine?
broco101

Mikkel wrote: What are the half term dates for October as i want to avoid those.

And when will be the least busiest time to go during scarefest? Is the opening weekend too busy, or is it fine?
saturday 27th - sunday 4th.

as for least busy i dont really know but the week leading up to half term would probably be advisable??
but then again who knows???
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/8378-fletcherniscfc/"]Image[/url]
Mikkel

Thank you sir.
lurves

Half term for some regions is also the week before that  ;)

Does anyone know which weekend the travellers are likely to descend en masse please? Thanks
Mikkel

Thinking about going on the 19th and 20th of october instead now, i know this will be busy.

But i will get fast tracks. even the 80 pound ones if i have to. I have no visisted since 2004 and i want to get the best experience
Kenzie2012

I'm really not happy they've dropped those quiet days in the first week... That was the oly time of year we went and had a truly Awsome time.
TuesdayNightChat

the scarefest thread is a tad slow,as well as AT actually introducing any information,can anyone tell me as i am dying to get booked up(pardon the pun),but are the scare rooms back this year?
....From The Keyboard of an AT enthusiast.....
Hokeystokie

Hiya there is a thread on he AT Facebook page hat standard passes are NOT valid week commencing 27th-4th November
Can anyone shed any light on this whether if true or not?