Scarefest 2012: Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ryanlovesaltontowers

Hi,
Quick question kinda associated with Scarefest.

What is the font used for the Terror of the Towers and Hex logo?
Thanks, Ryan.
DeanGaryCox

What do alton towers mean by preview weekend for scarefest on 12th and 13th (this weekend) as i'm getting worried by the way they've worded it preview weekend, as if it's not going to be the same as the normal scarefest... any information would be appreciated. :)
Image 2014
domfranczak

DeanGaryCox wrote: What do alton towers mean by preview weekend for scarefest on 12th and 13th (this weekend) as i'm getting worried by the way they've worded it preview weekend, as if it's not going to be the same as the normal scarefest... any information would be appreciated. :)
It's a soft opening almost like a dress rehearsal to see how it goes but i should still be good :shock:
Frightnights/Scarefest
domfranczak

SamPowell wrote: Hi.

I have tried to download the app for scarefest, however I cannot find it on the App store.

Can anyone help me or hasn't it gone live yet??

SamPowell
It is now live seach it on the app store
Frightnights/Scarefest
mikey_mcl

domfranczak wrote:

I have tried to download the app for scarefest, however I cannot find it on the App store.

SamPowell
It's maybe also worth mentioning at this point, that the app is only available for iPhone users, so isn't on GooglePlay/Android Market.
sam_ph777

How long are the queues for each maze generally?
domfranczak

sam_ph777 wrote: How long are the queues for each maze generally?
Zombies  - Walk through so no queue :D
Terror of the towers- On busy days could reach 2 hours mabey
COS AND the sanctuary - Timeslots so no more than 15mins i would say :lol:
Frightnights/Scarefest
sam_ph777

domfranczak wrote:
sam_ph777 wrote: How long are the queues for each maze generally?
Zombies  - Walk through so no queue :D
Terror of the towers- On busy days could reach 2 hours mabey
COS AND the sanctuary - Timeslots so no more than 15mins i would say :lol:
Thanks! What are the best times to do ToTT and Zombies, regarding lighting levels, atmosphere, queue length etc?
King Nemesis

mikey_mcl wrote:
domfranczak wrote:

SamPowell
It's maybe also worth mentioning at this point, that the app is only available for iPhone users, so isn't on GooglePlay/Android Market.
It's worth mentioning that Alton Towers have said on there Twitter the android version is coming hopefully Thursday (tomorrow)
Jammydodger

I would just warn you and say annoyingly we ended up waiting 45 minutes for the Boiler house as we left it til late last year. I would urge you to go for an earlier time slot, otherwise everyone gets the same idea, and they end up overselling a time slot towards the end of the night. Its definitely a waste of precious ride-in-the-dark-time.
sam_ph777

Jammydodger wrote: I would just warn you and say annoyingly we ended up waiting 45 minutes for the Boiler house as we left it til late last year. I would urge you to go for an earlier time slot, otherwise everyone gets the same idea, and they end up overselling a time slot towards the end of the night. Its definitely a waste of precious ride-in-the-dark-time.
Our time slot is 4-4:30, would you say that would be okay?
Elz

Probably a really daft question, but is Scarefest classes as a special event? I have some 2-4-1 tickets that are valid until 2nd Nov which is start of firework night so are there valid or not? Thanks :)
Jammydodger

4-4.30 should be fine yeah. We went slap bang during peak time too so that probably didn't help our cause

Scarefest isn't a special event restrcition. Most 241's will have the dates on them that you can't use them. AT is usually pretty good and has little if any restrictions around Halloween compared to the other attractions. 
Count-Vonduel

Sorry for the dumb question, but in COS what is the Stranger who lurks in the Shadows, is it a story driven eliment, is it any better than the big ape in 2010 and how did it play out last year?

also what is skelvins spooky storytime and phils ghuol school and are there any age restrictions?
(I am a child at heart)
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
George B

Count-Vonduel wrote: Sorry for the dumb question, but in COS what is the Stranger who lurks in the Shadows, is it a story driven eliment, is it any better than the big ape in 2010 and how did it play out last
There is a rumor that it is Viktor Hamble (from the boiler house) as several posters were seen around the goal striker building saying "wanted, Viktor Hamble" but we will just have to wait and see. Speaking of the mazes is there an age restriction? (I'm not good at the big mazes but I will do zombies)  8)

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
Champion of Pain

Does anyone know if the buses to Stoke are running any later during Scarefest?
JaykeAT

Anyone got a pic of the scarefest map
lozzyhickers

Champion of Pain wrote: Does anyone know if the buses to Stoke are running any later during Scarefest?
I believe not. I emailed Guest services a few times over the past month or two, and they said that the bus timetables will stay as they are. Disappointing  :(
lozzyhickers

Anyone on the park today, would you mind letting me know when the best time to vist TOTT is? And approx the length of the queue. I'm willing to go at any time of the day that the queue is shortest. Oh and, is the queue quite fast moving? Cheers
Benji

If you was to order tickets for 1.00-1.30pm for the scaremazes do you have to do both of them in the certain time given? Also how long are the mazes?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!