Forbidden Valley

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
The Moon

Most of which they have, plus physical space is a big issue. Flats require a relatively large, flat plot of land. Something a valley has little ofm
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Jevaaaans

Kenzie2012 wrote:
ImURNemesis wrote:
Rollermad wrote: Blade in Thorpe or chessington? Banana boat? Black buccaneer?
I woudn't call Banana boat a pirate ship ride.  :lol:
It's essentially the same ride, just a bit smaller!?!?!?
Just wanna say I haven't visited Thorpe or Chessington, I was just stating some possible ideas of what Alton would do with Blade if it were removed. After all, it's still in pretty good nick so they wouldn't want to rid of it entirely. Shipping to another Merlin park was my first idea. Apologies, I should have referenced Thorpe or Chessington to check for similar attractions before stating this idea.
sweedish2009

Jevaaaans wrote: If Air's car park were to be used for a new coaster, Forbidden Valley should become two distinct lands.

The far end of Nemesis (the end with the loop) should be the cut off point. Trees could be planted to give the impression of a dense forest, even though its only about 50 yards to the new land. The Blade should either be removed and shipped off to Thorpe or Chessington, or rethemed to fit in Mutiny Bay. Ripsaw would be moved to the Blade area with a new smaller flat taking up Ripsaw's old space.

The new land could be themed very futuristic (Tomorrowland at Disney Florida comes to mind) with Air being rethemed very slightly to fit the theme, perhaps with a storyline of some sort. And for god sake, someone please do something with that Air tunnel  :lol:

The entrance for the new land would be built pretty much directly next to Air's disabled entrance, which could possibly be moved to allow a larger entrance and some food outlets. The Air Shop would remain in the same place but the entrance and queueline for Air should be moved over towards the shop slightly, allowing for a queueline up towards the new ride. The plaza below Air would be transformed into some new shops and food outlets, including some of these Carnival Games which turn up in almost every land.

This new land would also see a better footpath being build up towards it from the FV entrance so that you don't need to walk through mud to get to it.
Any type of Tommorowland theme just seems too much like X-Sector.

It's Dark Forest/Gloomy Wood all over again. If Alton are going to create a new area they need to use a bit more imagination.
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
The Moon

^Have you ever been to Tomorrowland? The fun, bubbly chrome filled place with high pitched talking bins, splashes of purple and Monsters Inc? Not exactly black and death.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Ripsaw Raver

I would place tentacles up Airs station and supports, at some big security fences in the plaza add some red to blue LED Lights on the trains and stamp a phalanx logo on the station. Air tunnel keep as it is.The LED's will provide the lighting.  Theme.. Air has been placed under Phalanx Military Jurastiction as a weapon to battle Nemesis. Soldiers would be placed on the AIRcraft to get close enough to nemesis for a clear shot and then fly away.. However... The battle was not a success Nemesis grew knowledgable to Phalanx plans and set its off spring into intervene. Just as Nemesis is pinned down with steel. Air now sits under the strain of Nemesis tentacles. The security fences now lay split and destroyed and subterranain claws stretch out of the ground ready to catch those brave enough to follow in Phalanx footsteps.  I would also add a Mondial Diablo in the spot of Blade and theme it to a machine made by Phalanx to battle Nemesis with BioToxins. The ride would be called simply Toxin.  well theres an idea but run with it.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Rocket

Ripsaw Raver wrote: I would place tentacles up Airs station and supports, at some big security fences in the plaza add some red to blue LED Lights on the trains and stamp a phalanx logo on the station. Air tunnel keep as it is.The LED's will provide the lighting.  Theme.. Air has been placed under Phalanx Military Jurastiction as a weapon to battle Nemesis. Soldiers would be placed on the AIRcraft to get close enough to nemesis for a clear shot and then fly away.. However... The battle was not a success Nemesis grew knowledgable to Phalanx plans and set its off spring into intervene. Just as Nemesis is pinned down with steel. Air now sits under the strain of Nemesis tentacles. The security fences now lay split and destroyed and subterranain claws stretch out of the ground ready to catch those brave enough to follow in Phalanx footsteps.  I would also add a Mondial Diablo in the spot of Blade and theme it to a machine made by Phalanx to battle Nemesis with BioToxins. The ride would be called simply Toxin.  well theres an idea but run with it.
Great ideas, this will work if they do not plan to expand behind AIR, I think with sub terra in FV now, AIR needs to match the theme rather than contradict it, an aircraft attack could be interesting if themed correctly, maybe the station could be similar to Raptors? With guns etc
sweedish2009

The Moon wrote: ^Have you ever been to Tomorrowland? The fun, bubbly chrome filled place with high pitched talking bins, splashes of purple and Monsters Inc? Not exactly black and death.
I have indeed, however I'm not sure the 'general public' would notice much of a difference. And even the extreme fanboy would be a tad peeved if another area was given a futuristic makeover, no matter how dark or how jolly it may be.

Jevaaaans

sweedish2009 wrote:
The Moon wrote: ^Have you ever been to Tomorrowland? The fun, bubbly chrome filled place with high pitched talking bins, splashes of purple and Monsters Inc? Not exactly black and death.
I have indeed, however I'm not sure the 'general public' would notice much of a difference. And even the extreme fanboy would be a tad peeved if another area was given a futuristic makeover, no matter how dark or how jolly it may be.
I saw X-Sector as a sinister government facility on my first visit, never that futuristic and I could be "classed" as GP on back then in May. I would think a very friendly, very futuristic theme would provide more of a contrast against X-Sector which is more dirty, unfriendly and more top-of-the-range than futuristic.

The new area would have Air as it's main starting point which would have hopefully been given a fresh paint job and looking beautifully futuristic. Then the new coaster would be barely visible behind the trees as it's 51st Century theming (that's just an idea of how futuristic the land would be going) is dotted around the entrance to the queueline.
DavidRock

id say move Blade and possibly Ripsaw and install something similar to Maelstrom at Drayton manor...... decsent ride with possible good throughput.

always liked that ride..... also very sad to see Dynamo/Astro Dancer gp..... really enjoyed that ride in the valley and was always good for a laugh

******* ROCKY *******
sweedish2009

Jevaaaans wrote:
sweedish2009 wrote:
I saw X-Sector as a sinister government facility on my first visit, never that futuristic and I could be "classed" as GP on back then in May. I would think a very friendly, very futuristic theme would provide more of a contrast against X-Sector which is more dirty, unfriendly and more top-of-the-range than futuristic.

The new area would have Air as it's main starting point which would have hopefully been given a fresh paint job and looking beautifully futuristic. Then the new coaster would be barely visible behind the trees as it's 51st Century theming (that's just an idea of how futuristic the land would be going) is dotted around the entrance to the queueline.
I'm not sure. More than anything I can't see Merlin putting a large amount of money into a retheme or new area. Thinking back at the detail and theming of Tomorrowland I can't see Alton getting close to that.

Shipping containers, destruction, apocalyptic valleys and dark woodland are all a much easier and cheaper alternative to theming, and it doesn't look like that's going to change in the near future.

If they wanted to do a futuristic, clean cut, shiny area they would need to back it up with a truck load of moolah!

KatP93

Ripsaw Raver wrote: I would place tentacles up Airs station and supports, at some big security fences in the plaza add some red to blue LED Lights on the trains and stamp a phalanx logo on the station. Air tunnel keep as it is.The LED's will provide the lighting.  Theme.. Air has been placed under Phalanx Military Jurastiction as a weapon to battle Nemesis. Soldiers would be placed on the AIRcraft to get close enough to nemesis for a clear shot and then fly away.. However... The battle was not a success Nemesis grew knowledgable to Phalanx plans and set its off spring into intervene. Just as Nemesis is pinned down with steel. Air now sits under the strain of Nemesis tentacles. The security fences now lay split and destroyed and subterranain claws stretch out of the ground ready to catch those brave enough to follow in Phalanx footsteps.  I would also add a Mondial Diablo in the spot of Blade and theme it to a machine made by Phalanx to battle Nemesis with BioToxins. The ride would be called simply Toxin.  well theres an idea but run with it.
Brilliant idea, AT rides have been lacking in story as of late. This would also mean that sub-terra was more integrated rather than a crappy add-on to a much loved coaster. However a new land that continues AIRs theming does sound amazing and the possbility of a new BIG coaster even better, although i don't see this happening any time soon. Extending FV is the best option as it's probably the best area of the park, mainly because the DF and GW are too similar now.
DrReeve

I personally think.
Blade should go to mutiny bay.
Ripsaw rethemed slightly to make it look like its more of  a rusted ride (already is) with maybe tree roots growing up the sides or along the queue fences
Image credit to Lewis97
George B

I love air but I hate its lack of theming. Being next to one of the best themed coasters around it looks bad on that part of the valley. Maybe just a few screens would make it better telling air's story.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature
sweedish2009

Bunster wrote: I love air but I hate its lack of theming. Being next to one of the best themed coasters around it looks bad on that part of the valley. Maybe just a few screens would make it better telling air's story.
The minimal theming of AIR works. The ride was never meant to be an 'in your face' overly themed ride. The whole oasis of the Forbidden Valley theme requires it to look very subtle and calming. Granted it could do with a spruce up here and their, I would love the AIR tunnel to finally get some sort of theming, water feature. All they have to do is look at Manta and see what water features can add to a ride!

Personally I wish they'd stuck with the military theme from the old ride plans, BUT the current theme works fine. 

cookiee_munster

i like what you folks have been coming up with. i like the idea of air FINALLY getting its own land one day. if that carpark next to it is to ever be used, then that will most likely join air to that rides land and dissect it from forbidden valley. i always thought the whole oasis theme in forbidden valley was a bit lame.

the military theme would have been great, but if there's a chance for air to get its own land with some other attractions, id rather this was implemented instead.
The Moon

I love air, it is a HAPPY coaster in a sea of HELLISH brutally themed, apocalyptic dark forest ray gun nonsense. The exact reason I prefer SheiKra to Oblivion. It is big, red and HAPPY!!

Toke up...
scw55

I think the Oasis needs to be justified more.
It's still out of place in the zone. It is meant to be out of place, but you would say Fanta Adverts in XSector being out of place.

You're still able to put two things side-by-side who contrast whilst making it work. I just think the Main areas of FV overshadows the Oasis in a negative way. Basically buff up the Oasis. Perhaps have like rusted metal, but have it overgrown and reclaimed by nature? Perhaps theme the Oasis as the Planet itself is fighting back against Nemesis. (Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children concept).
sweedish2009

scw55 wrote: I think the Oasis needs to be justified more.
It's still out of place in the zone. It is meant to be out of place, but you would say Fanta Adverts in XSector being out of place.

You're still able to put two things side-by-side who contrast whilst making it work. I just think the Main areas of FV overshadows the Oasis in a negative way. Basically buff up the Oasis. Perhaps have like rusted metal, but have it overgrown and reclaimed by nature? Perhaps theme the Oasis as the Planet itself is fighting back against Nemesis. (Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children concept).
You've got a point, I honestly think if the water features were added, more plants and trees, this would give the area a lush looking oasis/rainforest type feel. It is different the rest of Forbidden Valley, just not enough.

scw55

Perhaps have water features but they have a slight tint of red :P
Yes it's an Oasis but the effect of Nemesis still tries to creep in.

Air's Lifthill goes over a brief section of Nemesis for example. I think there should be more of an integration with theming.

Like how in the Hotel how the carpet slowly fades to a sand coloured carpet.
George B

sweedish2009 wrote:
Bunster wrote: I love air but I hate its lack of theming. Being next to one of the best themed coasters around it looks bad on that part of the valley. Maybe just a few screens would make it better telling air's story.
The minimal theming of AIR works. The ride was never meant to be an 'in your face' overly themed ride. The whole oasis of the Forbidden Valley theme requires it to look very subtle and calming. Granted it could do with a spruce up here and their, I would love the AIR tunnel to finally get some sort of theming, water feature.
Meh, I guess you're right. Airs minimal theming gives it a good contrast to nemesis. Like Infusion at BPB. It only has the odd water cannon but it still works well.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature