The Future of RITA..

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
vesty21

Just wanted to run this past people , do you think Rita could have an inversion added to its layout?
I'm sure there is enough space to replace one of the crests with a roll of some sort, do you think it would improve the ride?
PeteMadden

Improve the ride? Yes.
Will it happen? Most probably not.

Rita was sort of a quick mainstream fling up by Alton from what I can tell, just kind of there to compete with the likes of Stealth. Plus, I don't think they'll change it now, its too late if you ask me, although I like your idea.
MattsDesigns

To help Rita fit in they should make some big artificial lightning bolts (with super bright difused LEDs), wrap them round parts of the track - then, when rita zooms passed a lightning bolt it flashes.

Its something cool for the crowd to see on cloudy days.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
The Moon

Like a Steel Phantom-'s Revenge style retrack? Would be nice, but never gonna happen I'm 'fraid.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Kenzie2012

MattsDesigns wrote: To help Rita fit in they should make some big artificial lightning bolts (with super bright difused LEDs), wrap them round parts of the track - then, when rita zooms passed a lightning bolt it flashes.

Its something cool for the crowd to see on cloudy days.
That is a tremendously bad idea - Lightning bolts??? Really???
How do you see that fitting into the "Dark Forest".

Rita (and other places in DF) simply needs another, BETTER repaint to tie in with the area and the addition of a suitable flat to support.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
The Moon

^Your idea is tremendously bad, my friend. A WHOLE damn repaint on a 6 year old Intamin. I like the lightning bolt idea, as long as it is done well and not like a county fair built by drunk Yokels.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
MattsDesigns

lol, thanks moon - I know what ya mean, I thought it shouldn't be too hard/expensive to do well - you just don't want to see individual LEDs, they must be properly diffused - stuff like that.
Kenzie2012 wrote:

Rita (and other places in DF) simply needs another, BETTER repaint to tie in with the area and the addition of a suitable flat to support.
I've always had the idea in my head that The Wraiths are controlling nature, e.g. the trees and when you are "blown backwards" on Th13teen, so naturaly I started to think they could summon storms and worse. Also lightning bolts are kind of like tree branches.
PeteMadden

Lightning bolts fits perfectly with the idea of the dark forest perfectly, ties in with the bolt/shock 'thing' in TH13TEEN. Failing that it could be themed as an attempt to light up the dark forest
vesty21

They could stick a tunnel over the launch section with lighting inside and theming on the outside to make it fit the area better possibly.
The Moon

Lightning=Supernatural=Dark Forest
Easy!

Toke up...
Kenzie2012

The Moon wrote: ^Your idea is tremendously bad, my friend. A WHOLE damn repaint on a 6 year old Intamin. I like the lightning bolt idea, as long as it is done well and not like a county fair built by drunk Yokels.

Where did I mention a "WHOLE DAMN" repaint?? I said another, BETTER repaint. This actually meant on places that needed it I.e. the station and ops cabin just to tie it in again.

MattsDesigns wrote: lol, thanks moon - I know what ya mean, I thought it shouldn't be too hard/expensive to do well - you just don't want to see individual LEDs, they must be properly diffused - stuff like that.
Kenzie2012 wrote:

I've always had the idea in my head that The Wraiths are controlling nature, e.g. the trees and when you are "blown backwards" on Th13teen, so naturaly I started to think they could summon storms and worse. Also lightning bolts are kind of like tree branches.
Fair play to you there like, not a bd back story to the idea. I just don't like the idea of lightening a supposedly Dark area of the park.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
The Moon

Lightning is dark... Not literally but it is associated with 'dark' things, Dark Forest is an example. I don't like your attitude, the reason I came across rude to you is the simple fact you were passive and rude to an idea not even expanded on, and that is out of order.

Toke up...
PeteMadden

To be honest I actually really like the idea, you could be the lightning bolt that is being used to light up the dark forest, almost like being used to fight the dark forest.
Rollermad

The future of Rita is huge. It always has one of the biggest queues in the park! A lightning bolt would be great! Also if they need to say, replace a track section/ launch section then they could maybe modify the track but it's very unlikely!
roary01

RITA as does the UG Land part of Dark Forest, needs to be more roughed up, do the supports for RITA like they did the cars, then add vines growing around the supports. the safety nets around the area should be covered with camoflage nets to make it DARKER! and along the paving just have fake roots and branches dotted around just to give it a more forest feel. AND of course add the desperately needed flat ride to complete the area. but back on topic, RITA just need roughing up!
Tom G

No change until at least 2015.
The Moon

I would say just leave it alone until it becomes a maintainance nightmare and then turn it into a ford fiesta.

Toke up...
MattsDesigns

What is the official story on the ride and Dark Forrest? I realise that, "YOU MUST ESCAPE"  8) in the car...

Do the elongated branches in the Dark Forrest relate to the chained oak? Is there an official role of the wraiths.

If not then my story is that The wraiths are part of "Chained Oak Cult" that goes back to the time of the old women and they, themselves have developed the same power. The roots have grown all the way from the Chained Oak and surfaced in the dark forrest.

The wraiths did rituals on the tree and before they knew it they didn't just control the tree but much of nature and thats why they are strange, because they are paranoid, scared of their power, litrally unto being disasociated from their personalities but are still on a kind of power-trip.

Asking this cause it will probably help with ideas.
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattsDesigns

I apologize for double posting but I had another idea - going on the theme of being chased.

You take a wraith and put him at the side of the station- he has to be infront of a pillar or something tall. When everyone seated and restrained you hear the normal "YOU MUST ESCAPE>>>GO GO GO>>>" but the ride doesn't move...Instead you hear a high note on strings fade in. "Eeeee..." and then from a speaker by the wraith "Go on! Try to escape!"
"BANG!" lightning strikes his hands which are up like this: Image
and smoke comes from his trousers. The lightning comes from xenon flash tubes in lightning shape, hidden in the pillar.
"I'm gonna GET youw" he snarls as the cars zoom off.
cookiee_munster

you my friend are a highly imaginative character. lol. you remind me of me when i was younger :p

i quite like the lightening idea. but not as lightening as a natural force, how about involving another kind of tesla coil like from thirteen? but like a much larger (and fake) version? bit like hex, a fusion between science and supernatural. someone posted on the first page of this thread about changing the nets to camouflaged ones? good idea to keep the area a little darker. maybe good for keeping the rain off folk queing too.