The Future of RITA..

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
scruffy_

PhNx Survivor wrote:What's interesting is that if it were an Intamin Blitz.. it wouldn't necessarily be the same model as 'Taron' for example.. as that is the older model of the coaster I believe. (Check that).

Not that there is anything wrong with Intamin's new model.. It would be interesting to see Towers invest in a Mack Multilaunch that uses the surrounding terrain along with a very tiny section of the valley that hugs the terrain..

I would also say a Vekoma Launch coaster could be a possibility.. but then again their new models are quite demanding on the restrictions that AT have.. regardless.. the coaster "should" be a thrill attraction if anything from previous coasters has anything to do with it..

As for Rita.. I don't see her leaving anytime soon.. it's too popular with the GP.. with a bunch of different YouTube channels already discussing this exact issue.. Ideally it should be the one to go, as compared to other coasters of its type , regardless of make, it's extremely boring, (personally), and is always broken down whenever I visit AT.. so like what has been stated, it must be a maintenance nightmare and expensive attraction to keep open with what today's technology can offer.
i personally think that 13 is a much more boring coaster 
PhNx Survivor

Although I do agree that Th13teen is somewhat boring, front row can have some decent speed and whip arounds.. as for the interior, I love to hear people's reactions, especially 1st time riders.
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Eternalyz

PhNx Survivor wrote:Although I do agree that Th13teen is somewhat boring, front row can have some decent speed and whip arounds.. as for the interior, I love to hear people's reactions, especially 1st time riders.
Th13teen has a very different experience when it’s dark, and I always enjoy the outside bit.
Coaster Chall

Yeah with Th13teen I really like the outside sections, the world's first element, the queue line experience both indoor and outdoor. Plus I think that the good thing about Rita surrounding it, as well as it's replacement if it is the site of SW9, is Th13teen had the site to work with and used it to the full, as well as embracing the forest invasion theme throughout both attractions.

Plus this ties in with if Dark Forest is the setting of SW9. I think one main thing for this coaster, is for it to embrace the theme of the area and it's sister coaster Th13teen.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vikkimoo

I LOVE Rita, but I did find when I last went that it was rough - the others in my group went straight back round for 2 re-rides (it was a very quiet day!) but I had to sit it out. Would definitely be sad to see it go though!
Harry347

I think Rita is honestly the weakest coaster at Alton Towers, but as said the GP love it! I would love to see an intimin blitz or a mack multi launch here like others but it depends on the investment I guess, it must be pretty costly to remove Rita and then pay to re-landscape the area for a new ride, plus access to Thirteen will be pretty restricted whilst this all happens.