Wet days putting a downer on AT...typical British weather!

What rides and attractions do you miss? Share your memories of Alton Towers' extensive past here.
PeteMadden

I'm in Alton Towers on Monday, and my day won't really be the same experience as it usually is. The rain is torrential! It really is starting to ruin the prime Alton Towers season! I really don't understand the British weather at the moment! People continuously going on about global warming, and all it seems to be doing for England is make it even bloody wetter. We've had weird weather all year with heat waves in March. Puts a bit of a downer on us AT goers if you ask me! And of all places to be getting the rain worst it has to be the Midlands where AT is!

Anyway, rant over. My point is that I've never been to AT when the weather is bad (lucky, I know). But I've started this topic for people to share any bad experiences they've had at the Towers in the torrential rain in the past, hopefully it will give me a better understanding of how bad weather affects the park.

So would anybody like to share one of their wet experiences at AT, and how it affected their trip?
The Moon

Hows about snow. White tracks, freezing weather, Sub Terra ops didn't turn up to work and they opened just 2 rides. Blade, which could stand the weather, and the stupidest ride to operate in that weather EVER, the hydraulically operated Ripsaw. Which got stuck upside down. Knowing better, I just rode Blade. They closed off the bridge and path to X Sector and Dark Forest because of "falling bran.. Twigs" and to top it off as I was heading for a coffee closed the park. I do not blame them, it was unsafe and money consuming to keep it open and they gave us a free day to compensate. Still, not the best park experience ever.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
PeteMadden

Now that, my friend, ranks 1st as THE worst experience ever. They're not even two rides I particularly even enjoy. Yes I guess it would have been a lot worse risking your health and safety. Did they not refund/give you some form of apology?
Last edited by PeteMadden on Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon

They gave us a free comeback ticket, it was the half term snow flurry if you remember.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
PeteMadden

Oh yes I remember, the park must have been dead!
The Moon

It was full of people, and like me were a little disappointed to say the least. However it is the first sign of customer service I have seen out of Merlin for a while...

Toke up...
PeteMadden

I'll second that one. Waited in an hour queue for Air last time until it broke down for the day. All I got was a sorry.
UltimateDingbat

Well Pete if you went yesterday and got torentially drenched did you have fun? We had a semi ok day but had to complain about the appauling treatment on Th13teen we had as the staff were so rude
Don\'t like me learn to put up with me
PeteMadden

We had an awful day my friend. School trips just aren't the days to go. Know exactly what you mean, I was in the queue for both TH13TEEN and Air when they broke down! The magic was not only ruined by masses of teenagers (I know I am one, but I don't like crowds of them), and the wet weather made rides more of an effort to do. I also didn't get to enjoy the experience of smaller rides such as Hex. Shocker of a day.
bringbackthevintagecars

I have heard rumours that Alton Towers are buying a big umbrella to cover the park :D but on a more serious note, it does seem to be raining alot more this year :(
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
gaz1313

The Wet is part and parcel. I've had lots of wet days, and when Rita works in the wet it's quick, so is Nemmy. I like wet days actually!