Dusseldorf Kirmes 2012

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Now open, with the largest traveling rides in the world and the worlds largest traveling coasters including Hollenblitz and Aplina Bahn. And a Mack Log Flume.

[url=http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/ ... ost1140776" target="_blank]http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/ ... ost1140776[/url]

Six pages of photos.
zs chris

Looks like an absolutely AMAZING fair! all the ride theming looks so well looked after.. A far cry from anything we have over here! would love to go next year :D
Anonymous

Judging by comments from other members on TTF I think there might be a mini-meet there next year. You will hear it here first
maguire245

The German fairs are amazing. Even countries like the Netherlands, France and Belgium strive to have as many good attractions as them. I will say though, they jolly well have a good go at it and come close, but Germany always has that bigger edge and makes their attractions just that bit more special than everyone else and i respect that.

In terms of how much effort goes into showman from the UK that get no where near as much advertisement and support for funding from local councils and other organisations etc. they are in terms the most hard working in my book.

My favourite ride at that fair is the 'Devil Rock' and boy would i love to ride that. Many have complained the ride is too intence, but for me the more intence the better! Similar complaints arose about the kmg - inversion when the cars swing over while the gondola is swinging from left to right, apprently that's too intence but i'll have to wait and see if i can attend a fair where Sedgewicks are going so i can ride it!
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
seanyboyuk

the uk always looses out lol our travelling fairs suck lol
Alex

OMGS THATS LIKE ALTON TOWERS FOLDED DOWN LOL.

And the adult swings ;OOOO

Omgs, that must of took ages to put up ;p
A5H

Do they spend half the year open and half a year folding it up and rebuilding it for the next year :P its HUGE !

---- Post Info Added ----

Surely that Alpine Bahn Rollercoaster doesn't fold up :shock: its amazing :!:
Anonymous

[quote=""A5H""]Surely that Alpine Bahn Rollercoaster doesn't fold up :shock: its amazing :!: [/b][/quote]

Yes Indeed. Fully transportable, that's actually quite small compared to what Euro-Star was when it traveled. Search wikipedia for Eurostar coaster
Deleted

Discussion for Germanys largest funfair here.

Photos here:- http://www.radschlaegerstrasse.de/aufbau12.php?tag=1806 (more photos at the bottom of the page by date)