Treasure Island - Stourport on Severn

Been to an attraction recently? Planning a trip? Tell us about it here or get some hints and tips for your next visit.
Deleted

If anybody here saw the Channel 5 documentary "Fairground Attractions" it featured heavily Henry Danters Treasure Island in Stourport on Severn. This place is only around 30 minutes from Birmingham and is ideal if you live in the midlands, especially with opening hours till 10pm Mon-Sat and 8pm Sundays all year around.

I found myself here today quite by accident as I was collecting some generators. Visiting these type of attractions for me is somewhat of a busmans holiday as I work on the fairgrounds throughout the year anyway. But we thought we would check it out.

Treasure Island is basically a travelling fair but settled in a permanent position, using a ride token system which is very reasonable, obviously with the more you buy the cheaper it is. We only wanted to check out a couple of things so basically got 3 rides for £5. Other options are available though and also a £14.99 unlimited wristband.

Rides on offer are:-

Fairmatt Waltzer (Brand New)
Sizzler Twist
Octopus
Miami
Crazy Cage/Meteorite
Dive Bomber
Go Gator Rollercoaster
Carousel
Giant Slide
Giant Helter Skelter
Ferris Wheel
Huge Arcade
Lots of small children s rides.

The whole place, is fully astro-turfed throughout and themed with a pirate theme. There are various food outlets around the place which again reason well with price £1.50 for chips and curry sauce and 60p for a coke.

We was made very welcome there today, and managed to have a chat with the park owner on exit towards the end of our stay there.  I would recommend a trip there if you are in the midlands area, the park has a great atmosphere.

Photos:-

View from the bridge upon entering from the carpark, which I might add is free for 90 minutes.

Entrance into the park with the "Mustang Air Race" Dive Bombers

This was the Slip, being made on the television, which is now complete and rides very well

All of the rides here are in supurb condition as you can see from this photo of this Funlight Miami

One of the oldest rides there, a Luss Octopus

View over the park from the top of the slip.

Jack ready to descend!

Off you go!

Good photo showing the condition of the park.

See only £1.50 ;)

More information:- http://www.stourportfair.co.uk/