Silver Dollar City

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

I'm not sure I fully trust that, as the trademark filed is for 'Time Traveler' as opposed to 'Time Machine'!

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a Big Dipper though if I'm honest...
dazza4783

Owen wrote:I'm not sure I fully trust that, as the trademark filed is for 'Time Traveler' as opposed to 'Time Machine'!

Yeh not entirely sure about it myself, although the look of it does match all the teasers, the fonts are all the same. It also all fits 'Time Traveler' and that was trademarked but they could have changed their minds on the final name. Apparently this logo leaked along with the full layout of the ride although all i've been able to find so far is the logo. We'll know in a couple of days anyway.
Owen

dazza4783 wrote:
Owen wrote:I'm not sure I fully trust that, as the trademark filed is for 'Time Traveler' as opposed to 'Time Machine'!

Yeh not entirely sure about it myself, although the look of it does match all the teasers, the fonts are all the same. It also all fits 'Time Traveler' and that was trademarked but they could have changed their minds on the final name. Apparently this logo leaked along with the full layout of the ride although all i've been able to find so far is the logo. We'll know in a couple of days anyway.

That's what I was thinking, although I'm not sure. To me it's 50/50 - I will be watching for the announcement!
Owen

Based on this image it seems it is a spinning coaster!

Nickolai

In all honesty I'm not sure that I would personally be a fan of this. I like Spinball but inversions added would be too much for me. Looks like a unique investment though. They might do different trains styles like in previous Mack concept videos.
Formally Smiler313
ThemeCrafter264

It's been announced. 'Time Traveler' will have 3 inversions, 2 launches and a vertical drop, as well as spinning trains!!!! It will be a crazy, insane attraction!
Vladimir Bobinski

[youtube]dJJBw4ZqCCk[/youtube]
Dom

Time Traveller cars have been revealed at IAAPA.

ImageImageImage

Photo Credit CoasterForce's Twitter account
Liam.W

That is the sexiest coaster car I think I've ever seen.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dan

Silver Dollar City have uploaded this video onto their Facebook page, as testing is now underway on Time Traveler.

[youtube]t5hj1TPLfvc[/youtube]
Justin

It does look like a cool coaster, although, I do fear I'd be sick, depending on how much it spins in real life. The CGI uploaded last year gives away nothing :lol
Danny

It looks like it’ll be fun, but I feel they chose spinning cars as a gimmick. This layout could be much more suited to a standard launch coaster train.
Dan

Silver Dollar City have uploaded another video to their social media channels, with this one focusing on “the inner workings of the spin” on Time Traveler.

[youtube]ZOU_3yqQC_Y[/youtube]
Justin

I think I'd be able to handle it with those spins. At least it isn't uncontrolled as that would be mad!
Dan

We have an official POV! The European Coaster Club and RCDB.com were given exclusive access to Time Traveler in advance of its opening tomorrow, March 14th.

[youtube]kLkkLXaP0GQ[/youtube]
Justin

Where were the spins? From that, it looks like they can be turned on or off.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Unless the camera was attached to the chassis and not the spinning seats.
Dan

Chris is right, the camera was attached to the chassis of the train, rather than the spinning seats. Hopefully before too long we’ll get a proper spinning POV.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There’s a spinning POV here. Having watched these POVs, I didn’t realise how short the section between the second launch and final brake run was, although I suppose that’s the issue when the station is one of the ride’s highest points.
Dan

lewis97 wrote:There’s a spinning POV here. Having watched these POVs, I didn’t realise how short the section between the second launch and final brake run was, although I suppose that’s the issue when the station is one of the ride’s highest points.
Thanks Lewis, I must have missed that one :)