Future Developments

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Luce

I'd also like to add my support for the new team and would like to wish them well with the site development and look forward to new things :-)
onair

I have followed TowersTimes from the start and will continue too.

Every site has its ups and downs from time to time like Alton Towers this year  ;) I look forward to future developments, though hope you don't change it too much as it works as it is now. Fully support the new team, it may have been a bit quiet on here recently but am sure it will pick up when there something exciting to debate about.

Andy
Pennywise

I have now made the decision to stick around on here rather than abandoning ship. Hopefully the team do maintain and improve upon the current high quality of the TowersTimes website, and reading through this thread it seems as though that's already the intention and it's good to know that there are already plans in place for the site to move forward.

Equally, I'd be happy to assist in any way that I can, if wanted. :) 
coastermaster

i can not wait for the future of ttf its sounds so good also this is my 200Th post =p
The Moon

It isn't a rude or obnoxious site like some others and is maybe a little behind but it seems work is being done. It is certainly the best I have joined.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Rollermad

haydn! wrote: Just to reiterate my comments in the shoutbox the other night, the new banner sucks. It looks amature and cheap. Why change things that aren't broken?
Most people call this updating! I wish the new team good luck but the standard is high!^ Also I don't like the fact ranks have gone but new, better stuff have appeared. Also when you google Alton towers, Apparently towers times is one of the first results.
scott.smith

I would like to say TowersTimes forum is much better than Towerstreet currently however i would suggest you regularly upate your news feed as i have to go on Towersstreet to find any NEW information
Doopy Dan

In my honest opinion, and I have been here nearly a decade! Is that TTF has pretty died now. The core members that made the forum a vibrant place have left. I seriously cant see TTF what it once was, not without the old group of members coming back, and i cannot see that happening.
Rob
Admin
Admin

TowersTimes is more then just a forum and the forum has always been just a small part of TowersTimes. We are far from dead. The new management team are committed more then ever to bring TowersTimes from its current state into a fresh new existence.

There are a number of things happening in the background that will improve TowerTimes as a whole including the forums.

We have already launched a number of things with the Ride Queue Times app being the latest. Something that is dead is something that no longer exists which is far from what TowersTimes is.
Doopy Dan

I said TTF, not TT, which currently it has took a downturn and is pretty quiet, dead infact to what it was a few months ago. Either way, it will take years and years to build TTF upto what it was, like it was before. If it even will return to a community like it was.

I do however have faith that you will all do a good job in trying to rebuild.

TT, as always is still fantastic.
Last edited by Doopy Dan on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Terminator

Ah the community, I have to be honest and say I dont miss the community as you say, the only thing the community did was be condescending to other members, and not just me before you say that.
Yes there are not so many posts in the forums but I'd rather see quality over quantity.

A website that only has a forum is pretty much dead anyway and having 10-15 core posters hardly makes a community.

This site needed updating to take some of the emphasis away from the forum anyway as that is all it was starting to be known for.
It's good to have a forum for discussions but that should not be the main point any site about AT is known for.
I WILL be back
Adz
Admin
Admin

TTF has been through all of this before on multiple occasions. Due to many factors the forum always recovers over time. Right now we are working on multiple new projects for the main TT site, once those are complete we intend to turn our attention to the forum.

For those that do not know, I myself was on the TT and TTF team until 2007 as site editor and forum admin. This period is regularly referred to as when TTF was at its best. I'm looking forward to hopefully recreating that eventually.

I know how it all works and what needs to be done from this point. The work I have seen behind the scenes from the new team is mindblowing and in quality exceeds anything TT has produced for many years. I simply can't wait to share it with you.

Lastly from a technical point of view, from viewing the stats on our daily post count it is recovering day on day. We should expect a surge of new members once something interesting happens as well. SW7 is around the corner and once the marketing for that starts the forum will really come alive.

None of us are going anywhere, we know it will take time but it will be worth it. Naturally we'd love it for you to join us on this journey as well!
Nightfall

I wish Terminator you’d stop judging the old community on the behaviour of one or two members. You’re quite right that it is an issue and recently someone else has expressed the same feelings as you have on TST. I suggested that they ignore the debating topics for now and just concentrate on the Alton Towers side of the forum and since then they seem to be getting on a lot better. I know it’s too late to suggest that to you but I find it such a shame that we all have to be tainted by those members. While their loss might be seen as an improvement to TTF this site is definitely suffering from the loss of so many other members who just made good and regular contributions.

Anyway I’m still here because I want to see TowersTimes do well. Now that I’m spending more time over at TowerStreet I’m not following this forum as closely as I did before but there are still people here that I like following their contributions and want to stay in contact with.

I look forward to seeing this new direction although as I have no idea what it involves I can’t say if it is a good or bad thing. Currently my only real issue lies with the idea that bringing back old members will make the site better. If members have left the chances are it’s because they’ve moved on in life and no longer wish to commit as much to a forum as they used to do. To me this is why the forum has felt so quiet of late. Most the members that are posting regularly are fairly new ones and I’ve barely seen any posts from established or past members with exception to Adz, who has been regularly posting for the 3 years I’ve been here anyway. I know you’re all probably really busy with whatever it is you have planned but I’m just not seeing much enthusiasm for the site, more reliance on the TT brand being strong enough to form a community by itself.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Adz
Admin
Admin

It is unfortunate timing as to why you've not seen the 'older members' that we have brought back posting much. A combination of holidays, internet providers changing and other personal commitments mean the teams time on the forum has been limited somewhat.

We shall be launching something soon which shows how dedicated we are. Expect teasers shortly!
The Terminator

Nightfall wrote: I wish Terminator you’d stop judging the old community on the behaviour of one or two members. You’re quite right that it is an issue and recently someone else has expressed the same feelings as you have on TST. I suggested that they ignore the debating topics for now and just concentrate on the Alton Towers side of the forum and since then they seem to be getting on a lot better. I know it’s too late to suggest that to you but I find it such a shame that we all have to be tainted by those members. While their loss might be seen as an improvement to TTF this site is definitely suffering from the loss of so many other members who just made good and regular contributions.
Sorry nightfall I don't meen to judge or tie everyone with the same brush and yes your right there was some good members on here too but those members like yourself do still contribute just maybe not as much as before.

I'm just getting a bit fed up with the comments on here about it being dead and TT is going nowhere etc. generally by people who maybe have an axe to grind with the current team.
Yes it's quieter on here but commenting about it being dead isn't really that useful.
I WILL be back
Nightfall

The Terminator wrote: Sorry nightfall I don't meen to judge or tie everyone with the same brush and yes your right there was some good members on here too but those members like yourself do still contribute just maybe not as much as before.

I'm just getting a bit fed up with the comments on here about it being dead and TT is going nowhere etc. generally by people who maybe have an axe to grind with the current team.
Yes it's quieter on here but commenting about it being dead isn't really that useful.
Fair point, I guess me getting feed up with the old community being referred to in such a way is on par with you constantly hearing that the forum is dead. Sorry if it seemed like I was pointing that just at you, it's just I've only just noticed this topic (I though Future Developments meant it was about Alton not the forum  :oops: ) and after reading the whole thing in one go I just felt the need to take the defensive.

I do think though that those who refer to the forum as dead do have a point although I think damaged beyond repair to its former self would be a more accurate term. A lot of good contributors have stopped doing so and it will take some convincing to get them to start posting again. They might not have removed their accounts but I don't think they've posted in the last month. I'm sure the site will recover but it won't be the same, so to them the site is dead and I guess that is what some of the less extreme posters like Doopy Dan meant by the term.
[align=center]Image[/align]
mershed_perderders

why what happend who are the old comunity??
The Terminator

Put bluntly mainly a bunch of left wing homosexual university students that spat there dummy out and went and made an identical site elsewhere but without the good bits.
Nothing to do with the topic but glad I got that of my chest.
I WILL be back
Chris-TT

Terminator, as much as we appreciate the support:

Firstly there is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuals, some of our team members are gay as are a lot of members.

Secondly, 99% of the members who left are decent people. I don't want to hear anyone bad mouth them or Towers Street on here. They put a lot into this community, some members moved on it's a free country, & there welcome to do so.

Name calling and belittling won't be tolerated so please rain it in.
TowersTimes isn't going anywhere, and a bit of healthy competition when it eventually arrives will be interesting. :)
The Terminator

Point taken Chris, I'm not bashing homosexuals though it was not meant like that.
I think your being very reasonable though maybe too much so, I mean they've set up an identical although inferior site and the one or two times I've looked on there they just slag you/this site off and that's also the previous team members as well.
The friendlyness just seems abit one sided to me.
I WILL be back