Future Developments

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Chris-TT

When there is a revolt people will jump on board, the grass is always greener on the other side etc.. I became public enemy number one in their eyes because I added a news editor without asking the teams permission first. I won’t judge whether or not that was an overreaction, as quite frankly its water off a ducks back. Myself and Kaycee (and ex admin) have been through a lot worse on here. However this time it’s had the reverse effect and actually given the sites a real boost and encouraged growth.

There was an inner circle of very dominant members who all became good friends in real life, but met through TowersTimes. They are decent folk and I still talk to a few. I really haven’t got anything against anyone, and I don’t hold grudges. To be honest I think with the new team TowersTimes (except the forum in its current stage) is actually in a much stronger position than it’s been for years.
Nightfall

The Terminator wrote: Put bluntly mainly a bunch of left wing homosexual university students that spat there dummy out and went and made an identical site elsewhere but without the good bits.
Nothing to do with the topic but glad I got that of my chest.
#-o

You know what I take back what I said before, I'm not sorry that I aimed my previous statement entirely at you; you obviously do mean to tar everyone with the same brush.
The Terminator wrote: I mean they've set up an identical although inferior site and the one or two times I've looked on there they just slag you/this site off and that's also the previous team members as well.
The friendlyness just seems abit one sided to me.
When you say the previous team are you referring to AstroDan, Dave, Ian, James, Magrathea, oldgotben, Sazzle, Squiggs, Craig, Joel, Kaycee because I can tell you right now that they have not been slagging Chris-TT or this site publicly. I know because not only are they more professional than that but I've been keeping an eye out for any such comments myself to make sure there’s as little hard feelings in either direction as possible. If these comments had been made you can bet I'd have had something to say about it just like I am doing now.

I understand that you have resentment towards the old community because of certain members who acted like “a bunch of left wing homosexual university students”. I'm sympathetic to that because I've seen that behaviour myself, however if you refereed to these members as you have done above it's hardly surprising that they had something against you. Maybe it's not the forum that is to blame in that respect.

I’m sorry to the team to drag this topic even more off rails but as a proud member of both forums I want to see both sites do well and members judged on their own merits. I don’t like seeing good people on either side being classed by the forum they chose to post on. Just rest assured I'll be making a similar post on TowersStreet if I see similar comments appearing.
[align=center]Image[/align]
The Terminator

Now now Tim no need to be like that.
Remember what I said about posts being read in a certain way and this is true here.
I said mainly not all and I believe that to be true, it's not a tiny minority that are left wing or homosexual or university students it's most of them.
And I'm not sure where I've mentioned any of the above being a bad thing?

What I said was tongue in cheek because like I said before I'm getting fed up with community this and community that.

Now, I don't care about being slagged of and called a lunatic because like Chris said water off a ducks back but I know the previous team have slagged this site and Chris off on more than one occasion(not all of them but one or two), curiously the comments have now been removed!
I'm not going to get into a slanging match about this but if you look at TS it is a direct copy of this site forum wise and I think Chris has been a little bit too accommodating to them allowing them to do that and then they have the cheek to call it the UK's premier site for Alton Towers.

I personally can't wait for the new stuff on here to happen and blow TS out of the water but I hope you guys have it well protected or otherwise it will be copied.
I WILL be back
The Terminator

The Terminator wrote: Put bluntly mainly a bunch of left wing homosexual university students that spat there dummy out and went and made an identical site elsewhere but without the good bits.
Nothing to do with the topic but glad I got that of my chest.

On reflection maybe I went to far with this comment, but I think you have to take my comments with a huge pinch of salt and stop being so touchy.
If you look back at my posts you will see just a touch of sarcasm in them! Its ment to be funny not offensive.
I WILL be back
Hurri

There's room for more than one place for Alton Towers fans to gather online. The internet's pretty big.

No one on the team here has anything against TS, and I can see that most if not all of the team there are professional enough to move on and not hold grudges towards us here. TS is a nice site with a strong base community, and so is TT. Both can and should coexist.

As for anyone's political stance, sexuality or educational status, that information is totally irrelevant.
Nightfall

The Terminator wrote: What I said was tongue in cheek because like I said before I'm getting fed up with community this and community that.
Don't worry that will stop... but only if both sides let it. That was the issue I had with your comment, it might have been tongue in cheek but it was posted right after a new member asked who the old community were. Therefore by you replying how you did it gives mershed_perderders the impression that the old community are evil and would have really pissed off any TS member who read it. I've seen flame wars start over less.

Now there are just a few other things I want to address and then I think I've said everything I need to on the matter:
The Terminator wrote: I said mainly not all and I believe that to be true, it's not a tiny minority that are left wing or homosexual or university students it's most of them.
This is a huge misconception. For every member you can mention that fits into this category I can name at least 10 others that don't. Sure there are lots of members that are homosexual and/or university students (as I've just graduated I still fall into the second group) but TTF will be exactly the same in that regard once a new community starts forming. However the Left-wing natures of some very vocal members is an issue but not because of their political stance but because what they class as debate I call throwing insults until someone backs down. You'll be pleased to know that on both the former TT and already on TS this behaviour has landed them in a disciplinary position, although obviously no moderators can undo what they said.
The Terminator wrote: I'm not going to get into a slanging match about this but if you look at TS it is a direct copy of this site forum wise and I think Chris has been a little bit too accommodating to them allowing them to do that and then they have the cheek to call it the UK's premier site for Alton Towers.

I personally can't wait for the new stuff on here to happen and blow TS out of the water but I hope you guys have it well protected or otherwise it will be copied.
You'll also be pleased to know that the sites identical look will not last for long. The reason they currently look similar is because TS was set up in only a few hours and so the team did not have time to create anything but the bare essentials. Also Remember that Joel has been the technical guy here for at least as long as I've been on the site which means he is responsible for TTF's current look. As Joel is now the Technical guy over at TS it was inevitable that the sites would look similar as they are made by the same guy. As both TT and TS are working on a new look this problem will not last long.
Similarly a lot of the content that has been added to TTF in recent years has been from the old community (I should know as I donated some myself). As such some content may end up being shared but you can be sure that anything TT adds after the split will not be copied across.

I hope this information clears a few things up.
The Terminator

Nicely put Tim, I'll get back in my box now.

At least one of us can put a valid argument together and it's not me.

Matt.
I WILL be back
Nightfall

No need put yourself down Matt, I can tell you you've done a better Job at stating your case than some  ;)  It's unfortunate you rejoined the forum when all this was going on, I probably would have reacted the same way myself.
NastyPasty

'The Terminator', although I am sure you're not, your posts in this thread make you sound very bitter. Homophobic, derogatory statements such as those referring to the team members (who actually made this site, that you appear to be taking for granted) do not impress anybody.

However, Chris-TT, you seem to restored some of the respect I lost for you in your reply. It is good to see you don't condone such blatant bad-mouthing of the old team.

Whilst I find it hard to wish the site well (when the site owner has apparently flushed many years of dedication down the drain) I will watch with interest, and I hope things change around here eventually.

Just to add, my main issue now is that there are literally no experienced members. There are just less informed members who won't increase in knowledge and even forum etiquette until they experience more established members. When I first joined, I had no idea what an IP was, who John Wardley was and when the Corkscrew was removed. Only through the wisdom of older members have I been able to acquire this knowledge and I find it difficult to believe many of the site's members will grow in sophistication.

Here's to the future, however. I look forwards to watching the expansion and redevelopment of my first ever forum.
Keep on whistlin', folks.

The Moon

I'm just going to put my two penneth in here, but you are tarring everyone with the same brush, everywhere has learner members along with well traveled well read members, one of which I hope I come across as, having lived in two countries and ridden many coasters and got a bit of nouse and experience in a few places of the world. And how a site grows is more experienced people, new members or old, teach the less experienced, new members or old, about the world and coasters alike. Now shoot me down.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Boz

I'm also taking exception to that. i might be newish to this forum, but I also have a wealth of experience. I worked at Thorpe Park for 11 months, both on Rides & Attractions AND engineering departments. I have been visiting CWOA every year since 1988, AT since 1997 and Thorpe since 2001, I have also visited various attractions up and down the country where ever possible.
And I'm not the only one with a great deal of experience, i can name 7 other active members, and team members, off the top of my head who also have that level of knowledge and experience, and I'm sure there are many others. You don't have to have been a member this forum for *insert no. of years here* to know what you're talking about.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Likewise, actually. I did find that part a little bit offensive. I've been on this forum and was indeed on the team way before the majority of the departed team and regular members...
NastyPasty

Of course you were! I do appear a little condescending so for that I sincerely apologize. You all have much more experience than me and I'm in no position to judge. I have no wish to 'shoot you down', but surely you agree that the quality of discussion has deteriorated since the loss of the old members? I just mean that there are less experienced members and there is little debate and flair to the forum.

Sorry if I appeared offensive. There are some high-quality posters who have been discussing Alton since before I was even born on this forum, so don't think for one moment that I am labeling you all as amateurs.
Keep on whistlin', folks.

The Moon

Again, I have no idea what it was like before, who the old members or team were or what caused everyone to up sticks but what I do know is, even since I joined not long ago discussion improves almost daily. And again, I don't know what happened or who left but I see things getting better as the days go on.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Adam

Okay guys, to hopefully excite and enthuse the conversation slightly, we will be launching something new shortly which will show more evidence of our intent to move the site forwards and show our commitment to it.

Watch this space. :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
mershed_perderders

what's happening is anything happening or not?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Lots has happened. We've launched our SW7 Minisite and our Scarefest guide.

Other stuff is happening in the future. I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting?