TowersTimesForum 11/06/12

Attraction Source and TowersTimes website news, comments and suggestions.
Adz
Admin
Admin

As many of you are no doubt aware the existing team resigned earlier today. This is not the post to discuss the reasons for this. I have included the original statement from the previous team below.

Hopefully this situation can be resolvedly in a timely manner. In the meantime I have been appointed Forum Admin to oversee the forthcoming.

The former team have expressed a wish for the existing member base to refrain from causing issues during this period. The forum guidelines are in place and will be enforced as necessary.

I will announce more plans in the near future.

Adz
Interim TTF Admin

Hi all,

This is a little difficult to write as it's something we never thought we would see coming, but with a heavy heart we're today announcing our departure from the TowersTimes Team.

As some of you will be aware, over the years TowersTimes has had its ups and downs. In recent years though, we've seen a lively discussion forum, infamous nightly chat sessions and meet ups which have grown by astronomical proportions. Speaking personally, we had a team to be proud of too. I can honestly say every single person could be trusted and worked hard to make TT a place people loved and enjoyed, something which I'm sure most if not all of you will agree with. And what we were doing worked - TT@10 was a celebration of how far we'd come, and how much there was to look forward to.

However, some recent events have meant we have no option but to leave. Since the "new" team came on board a few years ago, Kaycee, Joel and Craig have prided themselves on ensuring that any major decisions that affected TowersTimes were discussed fully with fellow administrators at the very least, and with the rest of the team as much as possible.

There always seems to be a little confusion over this for some, but TT is not owned by myself, Kaycee or Craig and is owned by Chris-TT. A decision was made by Chris-TT to add someone to the team without any other team member's knowledge or any prior discussion overnight. As we currently have team applications for both site and forum, we felt this was massively unfair for those who had worked hard on their applications with the aim of everyone being considered equally as part of a discussion with the current team.

We as a team naturally questioned this stance with Chris-TT, but were told it was but a "miniscule" issue. We firmly feel that stance is totally incorrect and shows a complete lack of understanding and respect for the community which has emerged here as a result of the team's management.

So as of today, we are no longer team members on TowersTimes. Thanks to everyone who has supported us as a team over the years, and especially to those who we have formed lifelong friendships (and relationships!) with over the years. From a social perspective, I'm sure we will still be around on meet ups and the likes in future.

For those of you who have any questions, please feel free to speak to any of us on Facebook, MSN or via tin can and string.

Yours,

Craig (Former TT Administrator)
Kaycee (Former TT Administrator)
Joel (Former TT Technical Admin)

AstroDan (Former TT Forum Team Member)
Chris (Former TT Forum Team Member)
Dormiens-Dave (Former TT Forum Team Member)
James (Former TT Forum Team member)
Sazzle (Former TT Forum Team member)
oldgitBen (Former TT Tavern Landlord)

Squiggles (Former TT Site Team Member)
Bote (Former TT Site Team Member)
Magrathea (Former TT Site Team member)

- The TowersTimes Team
Last edited by Adz on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.