Ride Downtime Thread 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
bensaund

As frustrating as it is with these breakdowns or faults, I'd rather the ride does not move and be safe than something happen.

I have no issues with technical errors, but the staff have to manage the breakdowns correctly. A prime example happened to us a few weeks ago, we were sent to one station and just before we got on, the ride had a fault, so they unloaded the ride. Called an engineer and we were waiting for 10-15 mins.

NO tannoy announcement to say what was wrong, staff didn't update us, but the other station was still working, so guests at the other station were getting on ok, but we were waiting. Then after 15 mins of no information I complained and asked why we were not getting loaded on to the other station and why we are not going anywhere where as guests who were directed to the other had been on the ride and long gone.
The reply was "The engineer is on his way"
This is not acceptable, if there is a fault, you have to deal with the customers, it does not take a genius to update the guests, realise there is a problem, STOP letting guests on to the other platform, then transfer the guests to the working platform.

After complaining a few mins later the staff decided to move us to the other station. You would think that was good, but this was also so badly managed, we were expected to filter in and only take every other train even when we had been waiting nearly 30 minutes longer that the people on the other station.

I just don't know what the staff were thinking, you have had customers waiting for 20-30 mins, rather than fast track them on to the ride and get them on their way, they wanted us to wait longer so we didn't impact the other queue of people who had waited a good 30 mins less than us.... and to top it off, there was not apology, no priority passes offered to guests.
After having a firm word with two members of staff, our party of guests got priority passes, but what is so wrong is there were nearly 50 other guests who got this poor treatment, no compensation and have walked away with a bitter taste in their mouth.

One member of staff said when I was complaining "It is a technical problem, something blah blah has gone wrong" which my response was: "I don't care what the problem is, I have no issue with technical problems, what I  do have issues with is the way guests have been treated"
I was not rude, but I was firm with the staff as I'm not having my time wasted by poor management of situations.
Rides have technical issues all the time, staff should be trained or know what to do in those situations. Air is one of the very few rides which has two independent stations and you can transfer guests between them. for me this was a no brainer.
If you go down to the woods today
Kenzie2012

Just arrived at the resort for Fireworks and The Monorail is out of action..... Guests are having to walk to the entrance.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
bensaund

This happened the other week and if there is ice on the track they can not operate
If you go down to the woods today
daboywunda

I was absolutely shocked at how quiet today was considering it was the Saturday fireworks event.... Max queue I saw was 2 hours for Th13teen & Rita, but most were around the 1 hour (some peaking at 90 mins some-times)

Few issues to report (and please feel free to add to them)

Rita had some downtime during the day - also had to stop around 8:15pm for ages while 10 security officers "sorted out a security issue" - Any-one know what this was?!

Nemesis Sub-Terra was down for about an hour during the middle of the day

Hex broke down about 2pm and closed for a while

Rita and Th13teen advertised as closing at 5pm for fireworks but actually closed around 4.20 instead